PDA

View Full Version : California Grill/X-Mas Wishes. Is it worth it?

PrincessASquared
08-08-2007, 05:05 PM
My wife, daughter (5), and I have dinner reservations at the California Grill for the X-Mas Wishes fireworks in November. We are using the DDP and it is 2 TS points / person. We could not be guaranteed a window seating. I'm not sure if its worth it to use 2 TS points on a fancy meal, (which my daughter probably won't like) and, have the chance of not getting a good view. Can you see the show from anywhere in the restaurant? Is it a good atmosphere for children? Is it worth it to see the show from there or would we be better off going to the park to see it? Any info would bee appreciated. Thanks, Jim:mickey:

Kairi_7378
08-08-2007, 05:25 PM
For adults, it is no question to me that the CA Grill is worth 2 TS credits. It was one of the best meals I have ever had. I thought that the kid's menu looked a little bland compared to the adult menu. (This may be good for some kids, though.) If your DD is used to eating in nice restaurants, she should not have a problem here. The kids' dessert is cute (fruit sushi) and they have crayons for the kids. We weren't able to get a table during Wishes in March (but did snag one for October!) but in March the server told me that they would time the serving of your dinner around the show. You can stand out on the blcony if you don't have a window seat. The view of the MK is spectacular.

fig's disney
08-08-2007, 06:06 PM
yeah....the foods is amazing (try the peppermint ice cream if they have it).....and i'm sure your family will enjoy it......but don't fret about a window seat.....the balcony offers a spectacular view, plus you can take pics without the glass being in you way.....just bring a fairly warm coat or sweater, as it can get chilly and windy up there....

robnadina
08-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Dont miss out on this! My Cali Grill dinner was one of the best parts of our trip in Feb. The food is great. We didnt get a window seat, but there is honestly not a bad seat in the resturant. The views from all over are spectacular. As for Wishes, Cali Grill has 3 huge balconies to view the show if you dont get a window. They even pipe in the music. This is definatley a must on all my trips.
Have a great time! :thumbsup:

Adina