PDA

View Full Version : Maybe it's me, but it's hotter here

yasmina
08-08-2007, 03:58 PM
than it was in Disney last week! Same temperature range right now- low 90's - with high humidity. I guess the Disney magic isn't working anymore :(

SBETigg
08-08-2007, 04:22 PM
I was thinking about that this morning. It has been so hot and humid here that I can't imagine WDW will feel all that different. Sorry you are missing the Disney magic.

sgdisney
08-08-2007, 04:25 PM
The 96 degrees and high humidity that we have here today are good preparation for my trip next week to the World, or so I keep telling myself. The temps in Orlanda are predicted to be cooler than this during my stay, so that's a good thing!

kaliepooh
08-08-2007, 04:34 PM
The 96 degrees and high humidity that we have here today are good preparation for my trip next week to the World, or so I keep telling myself. The temps in Orlanda are predicted to be cooler than this during my stay, so that's a good thing!

I will be at disney next monday. What are the predictions for the temp for the next two weeks?

Sunshine1010
08-08-2007, 05:04 PM
It was 97 here today, with a heat index of 101.

I'm gonna melt.....

Is October this hot?

Strmchsr
08-08-2007, 06:22 PM
I will be at disney next monday. What are the predictions for the temp for the next two weeks?

Check the weather thread here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=111659) for the latest forecast.

Remember one thing, folks. Relative humidity is a worthless number. 100% humidity in the NE and 100% humidity in Orlando can be two totally different animals. Look at the dewpoints to get an idea of how must moisture is actually in the air. The bad thing about saturated air is that your body loses the ability to cool itself through evaporative sweating.

Strmchsr
08-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Is October this hot?

No. October can be warm, but it won't be this hot. Honestly, with the drought over the SE we're very lucky that this is the first really hot weather of the summer.

Sunshine1010
08-08-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm glad October isn't THIS hot.

This summer - it didn't rain for 41 days. Our grass was DEAD. Then, it rained and didn't stop for days and days. The tomato's split due to all the water. Now, we're back to no rain again and all my plants are DEAD and the yard is like hay.

I can't imagine walking around Disney in this heat. It just wouldn't be 'fun'.......

I'm going in October. Never been during this month. I went in September last year and was shocked that it was 96 every day I was there. It felt like I was breathing inside a sauna. he he