PDA

View Full Version : How do you end your trip?

teamblackwell
08-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi all,
How do you end your WDW trip? Do you spend one last day at the parks before heading out to the airport, or do you treat it like a bandaid and just end it quick and leave for MCO first thing in the morning.
See ya'll in the World (WDW),
Teamblackwell

snifflesmcg
08-08-2007, 03:46 PM
I like to take the last day and spend a few hours in the park before I have to come back to the real world. I have to say my goodbyes:(.

MadMadamMim
08-08-2007, 03:49 PM
My family always does a half day at a park before we life. Two years ago it was EPCOT and it was raining and I had the imagination ride all to myself. Literally I was the only person on the entire ride. As bad as it is now it's pretty cool to say I had a ride at WDW all to myself. :mickey:

DisneyFanatic11
08-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I definately go to Magic Kingdom one last time. Once we went to MGM, but usually we run over to MK for a few hours and try to do all our favorites again before leaving.

I can't wait until I go back to WDW in August! :mickey:

mttafire
08-08-2007, 04:07 PM
We almost always go to the M.K. one last time on Sat. morning. We stay untill around 1pm and then head back to Ohio. With the cost of a 7 day wyw ticket basically a buck or 2 more than 6 day we feel the last 1/2 day is WELL worth it. :mickey: We use this 1/2 day to hit anything we missed or anything we want to do one more time.

SBETigg
08-08-2007, 04:14 PM
We schedule late flights out on our last day so that we have time to fit in a half day at the MK before heading out. We're bone tired by the time we finally get home but it is so worth it!

disneycouple2004
08-08-2007, 05:23 PM
DW is way too slow, so we usually just get up and finish packing for the trip home...(that alone usually takes her about 2 hours):D

IloveDisney71
08-08-2007, 05:29 PM
I guess I'm one of the few that leaves first thing in the morning. I usually run myself and my family ragged while at Disney, so we usually leave early on our last day since it takes us around 8 hours to drive home.

Polynesian Dweller
08-08-2007, 05:44 PM
The way things work out with flights home, there isn't much time to do anything but get up and leave. Take time for last look across the lagoon at the castle, take a couple of pictures and go.:(

irish1967
08-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Since we are either going on to the beach, or heading home when we leave we usually pack up the car first thing in the morning and head to the MK for a few hours.

We don't commando it, but do try to get in as much as possibly utilizing FPs (a mountain or two, a visit to the Caribbean via POTC and maybe HM)

Lunch at a CS somewhere, one last hurrah (no mountains after lunch though :sick:) and then we leave :(

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-08-2007, 06:03 PM
I try to get as much time at the park on my last day as possible...usually check out the MK one last time and do the favs...Splash Mountain for sure.

Chris :hatter:

Goofster
08-08-2007, 09:12 PM
We always get in 1/2 day at the MK to say good bye. On some trips, we'll hit DTD.

Last but not least, of course, is the Magic of Disney store inside the Airport. We consider that our last goodbye to the World before heading home! :(

tinksmom02
08-08-2007, 09:19 PM
I try to get the last flight possible, so even allowing for the ridiculous amount of time DH thinks we need to get back to the airport, we can visit one last park for just a few hours.

LoriMistress
08-08-2007, 10:01 PM
The day we leave WDW we leave first thing in the morning since we have to deal with a three hour time difference. It takes us about 6-7 hours to from Florida to California.

pixiesmimi
08-08-2007, 11:14 PM
We usually take our time getting ready to leave and have a good breakfast before leaving. Sometimes we go to DTD or a character breakfast at a resort before leaving.

Friend of Figment
08-08-2007, 11:17 PM
I spend a last day at the parks then I stay at the Hyatt in the airport and fly out early in the morning. I hate to spend the cost of a Disney hotel to get up at 4 or 5 am to fly to the west coast.

Lacy
08-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Neither, we usually spend the last day relaxing at the resort and shopping at Downtown Disney. We typically leave early afternoon.

RAIDER
08-09-2007, 03:52 AM
Unfortunatley we have to go back to the airport and fly back to the UK so its straight back for us :(

BritCody
08-09-2007, 06:37 AM
We leave first thing in the morning, but we always spend our last full day at the MK

mainemajor
08-09-2007, 07:30 AM
In the perfect world we do a morning in either MK or EPCOT. Last year we had an earlier flight so we strolled around POP (our hotel), ate a relaxing breakfast next to the pool then took the bus and started dreaming of our next trip :cloud9:

mickeyfan2001
08-09-2007, 07:42 PM
We usually spend the last day shopping around Downtown Disney. My son loves Once Upon A Toy Store and always has to add parts to his Mr. Potato Head collection.

caryrae
08-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Neither, we usually spend the last day relaxing at the resort and shopping at Downtown Disney. We typically leave early afternoon.

We usually spend the last day shopping around Downtown Disney. My son loves Once Upon A Toy Store and always has to add parts to his Mr. Potato Head collection.

DTD should have been one of the choices. We always go there on our last day and get most of our souveniers then. We mostly leave in the early afternoon so we can get home at a descent time and not have to make someone pick us up late at night at the airport.

True Disney Fan
08-09-2007, 09:04 PM
:number1: Our routine is to wrap up loose ends at the four parks a day or so before check out time. One the day we leave, we gather for a good breakfast the the Whispering Canyon Restaurant at the Wilderness Lodge:chef:

We follow with one last look around the lodge and the Villas then head for home.Except for the driver, we all have our heads turned and necks crained looking back as we leave the "Land of Magical Dreams". On the way home, we are already planning the next trip back.:mickey:

E-OR
08-09-2007, 09:53 PM
We don't like to have to get up early and then hurry to the airport for a monring flight. We try to take a late afternoon flight home to the West Coast. We will go to DTD and buy those last minute things that we want and then hit one of the parks and squeeze in a couple rides. It is a long flight home, but 3 hours behind Florida, so still get home late evening.

techgeek
08-09-2007, 10:09 PM
We always have 5 pm flight so we get boarding passes check our luggage that morning, then hit MK and for all the DDs' favs, PotC, BTMR. We end it all with lunch @ LTT.

Tink#64
08-10-2007, 01:01 AM
We always get in 1/2 day at the MK to say good bye. On some trips, we'll hit DTD.

Last but not least, of course, is the Magic of Disney store inside the Airport. We consider that our last goodbye to the World before heading home! :(

That's us! Too funny! Haven't done enough Disney shopping in the last week! The trip home from WDW wouldn't be complete without checking to see if they have anything we can't live without. :shop: Actually I bought one of my favorite Disney photo albums at the Disney Store at MCO! It says "Four Parks - One World"! I love it!

We always hit MK one last time. I pack everything during the last two days of trip so we can check the luggage early, early & go do our fav's. Back to the resort around 2 or so & usually make it for DME without a lot of time to spare!:mickey:

Lizzie
08-10-2007, 12:01 PM
We always end up with an early morning flight so we are up at 4 and out the door. I would love to leave later some day.

LovinWDW
08-10-2007, 12:23 PM
:thumbsup:Our last is day is always the same. MK for when it opens, lunch at either CRT or CP and dinner at LTT. A last showing of Spectromagic and a very slow stroll down Main St on our way out as we discuss when we're coming back!

steamboat willy
08-10-2007, 05:54 PM
OUR last day is our last full day and usually MK @ night for our view :tink:of Cindee's Castle.
Our bags are packed the last night and ready to be packed the following morning.
We get up, do breakfast, pack the Explorer and head up I-4 to I-95 and NC and a :truck:10 hour drive.
Boo Hoo, see you next time.:cool:

tinkerbell04
08-10-2007, 06:06 PM
We usually take a lunchtime flight and leave thehotel around check-out time, hit DD once more and then head home

pook@wdw
08-10-2007, 06:33 PM
We have a 14 hr drive home so we leave VERY early in the AM. Our last night is usually spent @ our resort lounging around the pool and packing for the trip home! :(:(:(. But sometimes, we'll hit the MK for one last fix !!:cloud9:

teamblackwell
08-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Hi all,
Thanks for all the replies, this has been a good thread. I guess I'm in the minority here. I have to end the trip on the last night. I'm afraid that if I snuck in a quicky day at MK, I would be crying on Splash, not laughing :confused:
See ya in the World (WDW),
Teamblackwell

The Bookseller
08-11-2007, 10:03 AM
We always take an Half-Day in the park. Me and my group (Friend+Friend's girlfriend) got the same ritual of eating breakfast at the Crystal Palace. The food is great and the view on the castle is breathtaking. Don't know a better way to end a trip.

Jared
08-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Because of my family's tight schedule, we usually have to leave for the airport early in the morning. Most trips we wake up, have one nice sit-down breakfast at Kona Cafe or Concourse Steakhouse and prepare to fly home.

:)

Soul_Power
08-11-2007, 01:14 PM
My flight to go back home was around 6pm, so my boyfriend and I left on ME around 3pm. That morning we had breakfast at Ohana, tried to ride Rock n Roller Coaster one more time (unsuccessful) and just spent the rest of our time at DisneyQuest. We tried our hardest to squeeze as much "magic" out of the day as we could, but it was just too hard!

Siiigh, I think I'm ready for trip #2.

Why are we talking about leaving anyway? It's the worst part! Haha!

dumbo ears
08-11-2007, 05:12 PM
we usually spend half a day in the parks. our reason is that we live like 5 hours away and if we leave by 5 or 6 oclock then we are home at a decent time.

DisneyGRL7
08-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Leave right away in the morning, which is okay because I stay late at the MK the night before as a final "farewell"...until next time that is!!

playdead88
08-12-2007, 08:19 AM
totally depends on our flight - one year it left at 4:10 so we shopped at epcot in the a.m had breakfast and then caught the ME for the airport - then the past 2 years the plane left at 1:40 so all we had time for was a character bfast at cape may - and this year we are on a 10:20 am flight so it looks like grabbing a donut and running to catch the ME while we wave bye is how we'll be spending our last day :mickey:

disneydeb
08-12-2007, 09:43 AM
We have left in many different ways, but my favorite is a Character breakfast before leaving in the car.

Kairi_7378
08-12-2007, 09:58 AM
We get the last flight out of MCO to BWI. That means that we can stay at the parks until 4:30/5:00 ish. Last time we stayed at MK but it was sooooo crowded. DH has requested Epcot for our last day this time.