PDA

View Full Version : Where We Weep At The World

magicman
08-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Do you have a spot(s) or a time where you had a "magical cry" at the world. I know we all want to weep as we leave, but I'm curious about the emotional spot(s) or time(s) in your Disney life.

For me: The first time I took my kids to WDW, I was holding one of my little girls (who aren't so little anymore) and we were watching Wishes. I realized she was no longer looking up at the fireworks, but instead she had looked down at me, and she said, "Daddy, this is just how I dreamed it would be."

I need a tissue...:crying:

TINKERBELL_82
08-08-2007, 11:54 AM
On JIYI. The imagination song brings up so many memories of my childhood...

Also at Illuminations. The song gets me everytime..

"Sniff, sniff". :cloud9:

BigRedDad
08-08-2007, 12:02 PM
I have not cried at WDW, but I have a feeling I will when I see DD's eyes and expressions when we go next year.

Figgyluv03
08-08-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm sure I'm gonna start crying when I see the signs for disney and then when we actually get onto Disney property, I'll be balling my eyes out. I'm emotional like that!

chefmickey3
08-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Let's see...Wishes, the MK park opening, walking down Main Street for the first time on the trip, anytime the kids get really excited about something...I cry way too much! But they are happy tears!

BugeyedMuggy
08-08-2007, 12:38 PM
When the "Characters on Holiday" bus comes into veiw. When I see my wife with Cinderella. When I see some little kid have a magic moment. And every time I watch one of the Planning DVDs.

BIGDOG
08-08-2007, 12:46 PM
I find myself crying weeks later when the Visa bill comes in..

Figgyluv03
08-08-2007, 12:48 PM
And every time I watch one of the Planning DVDs.

Yeah, me too! DBf is usually snoring within two minutes of me putting it on, and my sniffles wake him up.

magicman
08-08-2007, 12:58 PM

:funny:A different definition of "bringing the magic home".

berri_boo
08-08-2007, 01:01 PM
ok - here we go...my weeping spots:

1) Illuminations on the 4th (2006) - I was there while my brother was in Iraq & all the patriotic music just hit me something horrible. Knowing where he was hit me really hard but even more so on the 4th.

2) Watching Wishes on the last night at WDW & then walking out of the park for the last time and saying "see you later" (not "Goodbye" because I knew we would be back).

3) Walking down Main Street and seeing the view of the castle.

4) The Magical Express ride to the resort for the very first time

5) The Magical Express ride back to the airport

6) Spectromagic music :confused: (not sure why)

7) Anytime I hear music from the parks I want to cry.

I'm a big emotional baby :blush:

DisneyTwinsMommy
08-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Lets see... I'm super emotional, so there are soo many places...

- When I walk down main street for the first time each trip and hear the music playing...

- When a see a child's face light up when they meet their favorite character...

- Last year on my honeymoon, we were watching the castle show during MVMCP... it was just so perfect and magical... (i could cry now thinking about it...)

- However, I think I will cry the most when we take our twins next year for the first time... just beginning to share the magic with them.... THAT is why I love disney world... :mickey:

parrothed26
08-08-2007, 01:32 PM
My son was 3 on his first trip 5 years ago. I held him on my shoulders so he could see mickey pass by in the parade on main st. He had monsterous tears rolling down his face screaming, "I LOVE YOU MICKEY!". Tears of joy. I cried in his awe.

Belle_0717
08-08-2007, 01:32 PM
I always cry during Wishes. It brings me back to the days of visiting as a family and all the magic of being young. I am still young at heart and enjoy making memories with my DH.

I also get teary in the UK at EPCOT. I remember calling my grandmother from the red phone booths every trip.

I can't wait to see how much I cry with my nephew in October.

I also forgot waiting for the ME bus back to the airport, on the bus to the airport, walking through the airport, boarding the plane to go home, landing in NY, pulling into the driveway when we get home.........

Beckybalz
08-08-2007, 01:38 PM
The American Adventure always makes my eyes well up with tears.

Momof2boys
08-08-2007, 01:41 PM
I always get a bit emotional when the boys run off to ride Space Mountain, RnRC, or E:E and I realize they aren't my "little boys" anymore :blush:

crazeedizneefinatic
08-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Every trip that we have taken our son we take the same exact picture of my husband standing in front of Splash Mountain with him on his shoulders. The 1st time he was 18 months old and the next one he will be 7. We have them all together. Everytime I look at those it makes me cry for some reason. I see how big he has become. I hope to carry on that tradition, although I don't know how much longer my husband can hold him on his shoulders, LOL! I hope to see pictures of my grandchildren in the same exact spot doing the same exact thing! Oh the tears!

SBETigg
08-08-2007, 01:43 PM
There's no telling where I'll be when it suddenly hits me that I am in WDW having the time of my life with the people I love most. It's so random. I'll be walking along and just well up. My kids call them my "Disney moments."

But usually, more predictably, the minute I get on the DME bus- Disney moment. The minute I see the red spires of the GF across the Seven Seas Lagoon- Disney moment. And then it's all random. The littlest thing could get me going, and then the things that get most people going (like Wishes) don't get to me at all.

Tinkerfreak
08-08-2007, 02:24 PM
When we arrive the closer I get to our resort the more emotional I get. That first sight of the roof of the AKL gets me started and by the time we step into the lobby and the special AKL smell hits me I am usually crying softly but it is all happy tears. Then when we leave I cry all the way out of the resort and to the airport and the entire flight home (you get the point) but they are sad tears.
I usually get all teared up while watching Illuminations also and on our first and last ride through SE. Wow I never realized how often I get teary eyed while there, I starting to think I just might be a big old baby.

wedway76
08-08-2007, 02:31 PM
I realized she was no longer looking up at the fireworks, but instead she had looked down at me, and she said, "Daddy, this is just how I dreamed it would be."

Magicman, You got me started here at my PC.

I always get a bit emotional when the boys run off to ride Space Mountain, RnRC, or E:E and I realize they aren't my "little boys" anymore :blush:

I know what you mean Monof2boys! Our little boy is 14 now and I get that feeling all the time! It makes me feel great that he still LOVES spending vacation with mom and dad in WDW!

I am a very emotional person, I have a VERY hard time not loosing it in WDW, but several times per trip my eyes will get glassy. It can happen anywhere.

T-Belle
08-08-2007, 03:28 PM
True Colors in HISTA pre-show gets me everytime!!

LauraF
08-08-2007, 03:44 PM
When I'm riding the bus and I go under the purple gates for the first and last time
"True Colors" preshow too
Fountain at Epcot (esp. during the Rocketeer music)
Illuminations - every darn time
O Canada show (the music)
Every kid (big or little)who gets a magic moment from a character

Nancyjae
08-08-2007, 03:52 PM
My weeping spot takes place in several different spots. Just a little background into my reasons...My parents have taken us on a Disney vacation since 1979. We have all grown into our own families (I have 4 siblings). Everyone is married and have kids. Sometimes it would be just a few of us, or at times it would be all of us. My parents have 5 children, 5 inlaws, and for the time I am referring to, 12 grandchildren.

We were at the MK May 2001. For some reason I wanted a picture of me and my dad sitting with the statue of Goofy by EH in the town square, and I wanted a Daddy - daughter lunch (I am the only girl, and at that time 39 yrs). I took my dad to Liberty Tree Tavern and after our meal we sat on the white rockers and just talked while waiting for the rest of our crew. At MGM, Indiana Jones was my father's FAVORITE attraction. He didn't mind (so he said) if we split up, but he wanted us all to meet up for 1 show of Indiana Jones. That was his only request.

My father passed away February of 2002 of a massive heart attack. To date, I cannot walk by those places without tears. Sometimes I will smile with a good memory but it still breaks my heart. My son will squeeze my hand and say "Mommy, I miss PopPop too!

FamilyBand1
08-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks alot guys! I'm at work!!! :sob:

texasteacher
08-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Voices of Liberty
"Golden Dreams" finale at American Adventure
Hall of Presidents
beginning of Peter Pan's Flight
Wishes
Spectro Magic
COP song
kids meeting characters
Walt and Mickey statue in MK

IloveDisney71
08-08-2007, 05:25 PM
... And every time I watch one of the Planning DVDs.
I am SO glad I'm not the only one who does that! :)
I also cry as we drive up and see the BIG Walt Disney World signs that let us know we are finally on property!

irish1967
08-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Background...

My mom LOVED WDW. She was the reason we went every single summer when we were growing up.

She died in 1988 (I was 20 and in college at the time)

Now, we visit every other year and my brother's and their families often join us.

Anyway, there are random moments where I will suddenly have a flashback with her somewhere in the parks (mostly MK - like at POTC or HM - the rides she loved) or resorts. It always makes me cry because I know how much she would have enjoyed WDW with her adult children and grandchildren.

The most vivid was when we walked into the Poly the first summer after my brother got married. He was sitting near the front desk and for a moment I could see her sitting next to him and his wife. My brother freaked out when I told him to move over so I could "sit next to Mom"

Mickey Magic
08-08-2007, 06:41 PM
:mickey:Ok..admit it, we are all crying just reading these things!! We are all crazy!!! Isn't it great!! I feel so sorry for those who don't have these emotions. It is such a part of who we are!! I remember crying each year I went growing up...11years to 22years old. Now that my DH and I have taken our kids 4 times I still cry. I cry when we get there, I cry on Main Street, I cry at Wishes, I REALLY cry when we throw our pennies in Small World to "wish for another trip next year" (especially when I look over and see tears in my DH eyes). Some of our friends think we are NUTS, but all of you understand!!! THANKS WALT for all of those happy tears!!!:mickey:

diznee_buzz
08-08-2007, 06:41 PM
True Colors in HISTA pre-show gets me everytime!!

We went to WDW on our honeymoon in 2001,and the day after we got there we found out my DH's GM had passed away. We checked out of the hotel (GF! - first and only stay there!) and decided to try Epcot for a few hours before heading back on the road home. I completely lost it during this pre-show. I didn't even make it through HISTA - just walked right through to the other side.

An hour later, I broke down while outside Mexico looking across World Showcase. Tears in my margarita. :marg::(

Thing was, I wasn't sad about DH's GM (it was her time) but that my Disneymoon was being cut short. (Where are my priorities?!?!)

jillluvsdisney
08-08-2007, 06:45 PM
I cry when we take the tram at the airport to the luggage pickup.:secret:

diznee_buzz
08-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Thing was, I wasn't sad about DH's GM (it was her time) but that my Disneymoon was being cut short. (Where are my priorities?!?!)

Oops. Was that out loud?

I apologize - I didn't see page 2 of this thread and didn't read about the passing of several of your family members until I submitted my post. I am truly sorry for those of you that had incredible Disney memories with loved ones that have since passed.

chick20679
08-08-2007, 07:09 PM
My mom and grandmother have taken my sister and I to disney quite a few times over the years... However, my gram has some health issues, and my sister just doesn't see the magic anymore. So, a few years ago, mom and I decided we would go just the two of us and check out the food & wine festival... We had a great time a have been a few times since, but my/our teary eyed moment was watching illuminations that night... (I guess it's the music?) we both realized gram wasn't there, and probably wouldn't be able to make another trip, and we both started sobbing... the poor people around us must have thought we were crazy!!

mickey&missy
08-08-2007, 07:19 PM
OMG this thread made me cry!

I'm kind of an emotional person, so I cry often and I get goosebumps very easily.

I get all choked up checking into the resort. I cry seeing the castle comes into view for the first time, that really got me in 2005 when I saw the look on DD's face when it came into view on the bus ride from AKL to MK, that was truely magical. I cry walking through under the train station onto Main Street and get that magicial feeling. I cry soaring high above fantasyland on Dumbo for the first time in a trip. I cry during Wishes everytime. I cry at random moments when Disney Magic really hits and I see that look in my kids eyes. :cloud9:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-08-2007, 07:22 PM
The intro and finale of Fantasmic! always gives me a lump in my throat. Saw it 3 times the last trip and it happened every time. I remember thinking "I couldnt feel any better right now!" while the last flash of fireworks were set off during the ending of the show.

In fact, the last time I saw it and I knew that would be it for Fantasmic! that trip, I went to the CM that runs the spotlight at the back of the theatre and told him my name, where I was from, and that I hope he would pass on the message to the performers that I loved their show. Granted, he might get that a LOT but he said he would pass it on!

Chris :hatter:

PurpleEeyore
08-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Another one for Fantasmic! When Mickey appears at the top of the mountain and the music goes up a tempo.. I loose it!
An odd one is I get a lump in my throat when I hear the wolf howl from the haunted mansion for the first time of my trip.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
08-08-2007, 07:43 PM
during Spectro... just to watch my daughter and I LOOOOVE Brother Bear and the song is Family Time from the movie... my Emmy just gets so excited and you can see she really sees the magic.

During Wishes too... cause it is just so magical. You like, forget all the **** you have to deal with in "regular" life and all...

But anytime my Emmy just gets so excited and is enjoying herself and really gets into the magic.

LibertyTreeGal
08-08-2007, 07:48 PM
On their very first day (at MK, of course, had to start them out right! ) I steered them in an odd fashion past some rides they wanted to try and they were not very happy or understanding about it until *poof* I landed them right in front of Woody and Jessie in Adventureland. Woody is the favorite toy in the house since they were 2 years old, we are on our 5th one (well, they are boys!) and the 3rd Jessie's head just came off.

The boys were dumbstruck, and just kept saying, He's real, he's really real!!!"

It was such a happy moment and I still cry thinking about it! (But then, I cry alot, being a total weenie! )

irish1967
08-08-2007, 08:21 PM

Oops. Was that out loud?

I apologize - I didn't see page 2 of this thread and didn't read about the passing of several of your family members until I submitted my post. I am truly sorry for those of you that had incredible Disney memories with loved ones that have since passed.

Diznee - don't worry - I think those of us who have memories of loved ones took your comments in the spirit that were intended (at least I did :mickey:)

I hope that you and your DH have a chance at a second (and complete) Disneymoon in the future!

disneygecko
08-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Lets see, I usually have many "magical cries" that vary during my trips. The ones that happen the most are during Wishes, Illuminations, Fantasmic, when I first enter Walt Disney World, and when I first walk into each of the parks.

Iluvpooh
08-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Star light, Star Bright, First Star I see tonight-
I wish I may, I wish I might- Have the wish I wish tonight.
We'll make a wish and do as dreamers do and all our wishes will come true.

Every time-I cry!!

I also cry every time on the last day and I look back over my shoulder at MK and see the Train Station.

Iluvpooh
08-08-2007, 11:13 PM
:mickey:Ok..admit it, we are all crying just reading these things!! We are all crazy!!! Isn't it great!! I feel so sorry for those who don't have these emotions. It is such a part of who we are!! I remember crying each year I went growing up...11years to 22years old. Now that my DH and I have taken our kids 4 times I still cry. I cry when we get there, I cry on Main Street, I cry at Wishes, I REALLY cry when we throw our pennies in Small World to "wish for another trip next year" (especially when I look over and see tears in my DH eyes). Some of our friends think we are NUTS, but all of you understand!!! THANKS WALT for all of those happy tears!!!:mickey:

I know how you feel-My entire family and most of my friends think we are crazy with our love of Disney. I honestly think I fell in love with my husbnad because we shared a love of 2 things. Alabama football and all things Disney!!

DisneyDreams09
08-09-2007, 01:53 AM
My clencher is when I walked through the castle and saw those enormous mosaics of the Story of Cinderlla, who IMHO is the epitome of what every young girl hopes to be.

And I'll also have to go with the majority of beginning the walk down mainstreet and seeing the castle.:crying::cry:

disneyfan328
08-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Ok I am going to add mine. My husband still teases me about this even now, but hey what can I say
A little background - I come from a divorced home (I was 5 when they split) I spent part of my childhood with my mom and her parents and part of it with my Dad, stepmom and her kids. When I was 12 I got to come back to PA and live with my mom. I met my husband (celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary in April 08 ) but we have been together since I was 13 1/2 (21 years this October!!) Anyway - I never really got to do Family stuff becuase mom and dad were divorced- I went to the beach twice growing up with my Dad and Family and Kings Island once - Don't get me wrong they were great times but you know what I mean.

I have a DD now 17 and when she was 7 we got a chance to take our first vacation. Asked my husband what he wanted to do and he said you are such a huge Disney/Mickey fanatic we should go to WDW. I said yeah right. Well the next day I booked it and called him to tell him that I hoped he was serious. He said he was and within 6 weeks we were at WDW. We headed for the MK and eventually found ourselves in toontown. I didn't realize that after you toured Mickey's house that you could meet him but I knew that there was a line for something so we waited. When they took us behind that curtain I was so happy. :mickey: DD was so excited she started dancing and spinning around. We spent a few minutes got our autographs pictures ect and then headed out the back through the garden. I just couldn't help it. I started crying. DD didn't understand -wanted to know what was wrong. DH just said I can't believe you are crying becuase you met Mickey - I explained that it wasn't just that - It was that I never thought in a million years that we'd ever come here let alone have such a wonderful time and the look on DD face - well I just can't explain it. It was priceless. He hates it when I tell people but when we were waiting for the bus to take us back to the airport DD had her new Minnie Mouse doll and was telling her not to worry that she had a nice room and other toys for her to be friends with and that we'd come back. She started crying as did I (again) I finally got her on the bus and calmed down only to look back and see DH with big ol tears running down his face. I still tease him about that. The picture that we got from the Judge's tent also showed my DH beaming - his face was lit up like a xmas tree so he can't say that he wasn't excited too!!

We have only been once but that was enough. I cry all the time especially now that we have 2 more kids (dd - almost 8 and ds - almost 6 ) We are taking our 2nd trip to WDW (their first) in 44 days and can't wait. The 2 youngest don't even know that we are going yet!!!! The big reveal is in about 2 weeks I am sure there will be tons of tears that day
The music from the park cd makes me cry too!!! Ok now I need a :marg:

Honeybee3344
08-09-2007, 12:20 PM
OK, so now I'm at work with tears in my eyes! :mickey:

My sis and I get weepy at so many of these things! One thing that hasn't been mentioned thought is at MGM the Walt Disney: One Man's Dream attraction. As soon as Walt gets up there with his little pointer and starts explaining his plans, I just lose it! They have the same clip on the ME bus movie - same effect!

Also, anytime I hear "when you wish upon a star"

Figgyluv03
08-09-2007, 01:04 PM
My weeping spot takes place in several different spots. Just a little background into my reasons...My parents have taken us on a Disney vacation since 1979. We have all grown into our own families (I have 4 siblings). Everyone is married and have kids. Sometimes it would be just a few of us, or at times it would be all of us. My parents have 5 children, 5 inlaws, and for the time I am referring to, 12 grandchildren.

We were at the MK May 2001. For some reason I wanted a picture of me and my dad sitting with the statue of Goofy by EH in the town square, and I wanted a Daddy - daughter lunch (I am the only girl, and at that time 39 yrs). I took my dad to Liberty Tree Tavern and after our meal we sat on the white rockers and just talked while waiting for the rest of our crew. At MGM, Indiana Jones was my father's FAVORITE attraction. He didn't mind (so he said) if we split up, but he wanted us all to meet up for 1 show of Indiana Jones. That was his only request.

My father passed away February of 2002 of a massive heart attack. To date, I cannot walk by those places without tears. Sometimes I will smile with a good memory but it still breaks my heart. My son will squeeze my hand and say "Mommy, I miss PopPop too!

I tearing up for you!! That's so sweet, nancyjae!!!!

disney100%
08-09-2007, 03:07 PM
I am really enjoying this thread - and getting teary-eyed myself!

I always feel a little emotional when I walk down Main Street and see the castle. But I always tear up at Wishes.

But, my big emotional moment was when we brought my DS (14 months) to WDW for the first time. He was decked out in his Buzz Lightyear Sweatshirt (his favorite of all Disney characters). We met Buzz at Al's Toy Barn. While we stood in line my son was giggling and pointing at Buzz. When it was finally our turn Buzz pointed to the Buzz on his sweatshirt. My son leaned in and gave him a huge smile and a big kiss. The smile he had just brought tears of happiness to my eyes. Of course, I felt bad for Woody because when we were in line to get our picture with him, my son kept waving and pointing over to Buzz! I think it was one of the most memorable moments from our trip. We had debated going when he was so young and considered holding off for another year, but after this moment we realized we made the right decision!

I <3 Mickey
08-09-2007, 03:09 PM
We're passholders and drive in from Tampa. I cry when my kids (DD - 4, DS - 3) see the giant Mickey Ears holding the power lines and start getting so excited. Then my DS sees the characters under the purple gateway and can't contain himself. Both kids yelling their hellos to the characters - mom and dad crying in the front seats, pretty pathetic.

Never cried before the kids (DH & I have been passholders for 11 years) but knowing my kids love WDW like we do, that its our family place and always will be....makes me cry. Both of their first hair cuts were on main street and they're getting so big!!!
True Colors always does it for me too.

Then when we leave, to hear their sad good-byes to "Mickey" holding the powerlines..."until next time" my daughter says. (tears, tears, and more tears)

magicman
08-09-2007, 06:03 PM
We're all a bunch of goobers, and I love every one of you for it. :grouphug::dance:

jenny1976
08-09-2007, 06:30 PM
My places to well-up are:
1. As we enter MK, as soon as I see the casttle for the first time.
2. During SpectroMagic, that music just gets to me.
3. Voyage of the Little Mermaid
4. Beauty & the Beast Live on Stage
5. Cinderellabration
Oh Well...

IC10
08-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Reading this thread is a big cryfest for me so when my DD asked what was wrong I was telling her about it and she had her list of teary moments but mine was we just got back less than a year ago and my DS13 at the time and my DD11 held my hand during Wishes the last night. It was a perfect vacation and I knew then that they were happy being there with their mother and I could not have dreamed of anywhere else I wanted to be.

snifflesmcg
08-10-2007, 03:25 AM

That is SO funny!! Thankfully, I pay mine in cash (well, doing the payment plan they offer).

I can say I've never cried in Disney World. I'm guess I'm just not the emotional type. Silly how my screen name is Sniffles. (it was a pet's name years and years ago).

pook@wdw
08-10-2007, 07:21 PM
The 1st time our 5 yr old DD (she's 14 now) walked down Main St and saw the castle, I was a little overwhelmed and, I must admit, a little teary as I video-taped her reaction! :cry: I also have a ritual that I do each AM @ the WL. I go down to the dock just before sunrise, and have my coffee there so I can watch the sun come up! And let me tell you, it is a most wonderous thing to see. As a cancer survivor, I thank God for each day, and this has to be his way of saying "Your Welcome"!!!:cloud9:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-10-2007, 09:39 PM
:(I always get a little teary eyed when we walk down Main Street and see the Castle.

For some reason I get really emotional during Festival Of The Lion King in Animal Kingdom. I have no idea why. It just gets me every time.

There are moments with my kids when I get overly emotional too. Seeing the look on the boy's faces when they see their favorite rides. Watching my middle sons face when we walk up to POTC for our traditional first ride each trip. Seeing the look on the face of my little Princess when she sees her favorite characters. :cloud9:

Jeez, I guess I really fall apart on our trips.

Soul_Power
08-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Well, I didn't cry during my trip but I came close a few times. The first time was when my boyfriend and I were walking toward the Welcome Center at the airport. I felt the magic right away - I was soo excited! My second time was at Magic Kingdom when my boyfriend I began walking down Main Street toward the castle. I was born and raised in California and I've been to Disneyland a million times, but the castle there was nothing compared to MK's. My jaw dropped when I saw it - pictures just don't do that thing justice! The last time (I would've really full on cried this time but I knew I wouldn't hear the end of it from my boyfriend, haha) was when we were on Magical Express leaving WDW to go back home. I hate that part!

ckaranassos
08-11-2007, 02:38 PM
I cry every time I enter MK and I look down main street and see the castle and then look at my kids who are also in awe of the view.

LoriMistress
08-12-2007, 03:00 AM
There have been several weepy magical moments. Walking down MS:USA and seeing the castle, the music that's played throughout Disney Property, seeing some of my favorite characters, etc.

When DH and I were getting ready in our room at ASMu for our first day heading towards the parks, I had the television on and had it on the Disney Top 7 show they play non stop, and it finally hit after all the months of planning and counting the days we were FINALLY at WDW. I started crying. I told my DH, "We're here! We're finally here!"

Old School Mouse Ears
08-12-2007, 11:34 AM
our first time to WDW with my two sons were 6 and 3 ..staying in the CR which at that time was only 1of 3 disney resorts. every morning the boys raced down the hall to press the elevator button ....this was a life and death contest. near the end of our trip the two started out for the button race when the older boy stopped in the middle of the hallway,waiting for me, letting his brother go on the win the race.the 6yo looked up to me and said"dad this is a boys dream come true" well im a grown man, my eyes welled up. i picked him up and we went on to the MK.even now after all these year i still well up seeing CR

MushuGrl
08-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Add me to the castle and Wishes cry fest.

Know what makes me tear up? The very end of Mickey's Philharmagic when Mickey strikes up the band and plays the Mickey Mouse March. Can't help but think Walt would dig that.

I tear up at "Welcome, Foolish Mortals" in the Haunted Mansion as well.

I took my mom for her first trip two years ago and now she's unable to travel. This will be my first trip since and I'm sure I'll be adding to this list.

jpcns50
08-13-2007, 11:27 AM
I definately have a few spots that put some tears in my eyes, and most of them are repeats, but here goes(and since the next trip in 34 days is my honeymoon, I'm sure all of these will have even more meaning):

1. Watching my Dgf (in 34 days, my DW) cry during the Magic Kingdom opening on our first day. When she gets going, I cant help it either.
2. Walking under that train station, and knowing its all about to start!
3. Once the lap bar comes down on my first ride, Space Mountain!
4. Watching Wishes on the first night.
5. Walking out of the Magic Kingdom for the last time of the trip. It doesn't hit me until I take that last look at the castle from just infront of the train station!

And of course, random times during the trip when things happen.

34 DAYS, CAN'T WAIT!!!

pixiesmimi
08-14-2007, 01:13 AM
I don't usually cry but I get a lump in my throat when I see the castle. But the first time we took our DGDs and watched the show at the castle, the look on my DGD 3's face when she saw all of the princesses with her hands on each side of her face and her mouth open with awe was priceless! I had to cry at that. And when my DGS 3 saw Cinderella in the parade his first visit this year and he looked like he could eat her up, I got teary eyed, especially since he is a rough and tumble boy. Also when he rubbed noses with Mickey and looked like he had just died and gone to heaven. :) Those are the things that get me!:cloud9:

Suz36
08-14-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm crying just reading all of these posts! My times have been during Wishes, watching my then 5YO DD during Cinderellabration, and of course, leaving MK, taking my last glance of the castle. I know there are other times, (I'm very emotional!) but I'm too emotional right now to think of them!!

mrsHerbie53
08-14-2007, 09:22 PM
This thread is too much -- I had to read it 1/2 at time because I was too teary to read!

I too get such a joy seeing my son's joy and my husband's! I never went as a child and my first trip was our honeymoon. So seeing the Castle and Main Street and the train are definites.
Wishes was just an undescribable feeling and I was almost in shock when we were underneath those breathtaking fireworks.

We go back to the World in Oct and it will be my mother's first Disney trip. All of these weeping moments will grow exponentially I guess.

BTW, jpcns50, Disney honeymoons in mid-Sept are AWESOME!!!!! Best wishes!

:magic: :pixie:

burnt orange
08-14-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm with a lot of you getting emotional every time I see and of course hear "Wishes"--Illuminations does it every time no mater how many times I have seen it. Of course the patriotic things like Hall of Presidents and The American Adventure. I'm very emotional and being a musician, music really does it for me.
I love this discussion board because I can say things like this and you don't think I'm out of my mind like so many of my aquaintances do. They just don't get it, and I'm so glad all of you do! :mickey:

janebanks
08-15-2007, 06:46 PM
For me: The first time I took my kids to WDW, I was holding one of my little girls (who aren't so little anymore) and we were watching Wishes. I realized she was no longer looking up at the fireworks, but instead she had looked down at me, and she said, "Daddy, this is just how I dreamed it would be."There should be a warning before posts like this! I was reading it late at night the first time I saw it, and I got so emotional I couldn't fall asleep!

jennsky
08-15-2007, 07:41 PM
I totally LOVE WDW (as I'm sure we all do) but I had never had a cry there before until I saw the opening ceremony they do at the MK when the train pulls up to the Main Street Station with Mickey and friends and the selected family gets to sprinkle pixie dust. I had tears in my eyes! My husband was laughing at me so I had to pretend the sun was in my eyes.... :blush:

dreamingofdisney77
08-15-2007, 09:03 PM
I cry during wishes.. and my mom cries on the magical express ride there.. and back

jwallace378
08-16-2007, 10:58 AM
I cry when my credit card bill comes 2 weeks later.

garymacd
08-16-2007, 12:21 PM
How about in front of Epcot's World Showcase Christmas Tree with all those languages wishing you Merry Christmas?:tree:

DisneyCouture
08-16-2007, 12:38 PM
As soon as we get up to the Walt Disney World sign I get teary eyed, and as we enter the park with all the music playing. Also, when I see Cinderella. It reminds me how happy I used to get when I was a kid.:princess:

DISFREAKS
08-16-2007, 06:57 PM
When we went in '05, just as Cinderellabration was starting, Dads all over the crowd started putting their DDs on their shoulders. Mine was 16 at the time and the memories of me doing the same years before started coming hard and I started tearing up. Some of the best times in life is spent with your little girl on your shoulders.

WDWFREAK101
08-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Anytime i have to leave and i see the Castle light up with the different colors and hear the music. Also, when Wishes start we quikly go over to Astro Orbiter get in line and go to the top of the ride. We always go up there to watch the Fireworks and then afterwards we ride it. Keep in mind after the fireworks, NO RIDES ARE OPERATING!!! :thumbsup: We are the lucky ones that get to ride the only operating ride to the public. If you have not done this, you really need to, because it is a breathtaking sight.

jenperich
08-16-2007, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=Sean Riley Taylor's Mom;1383897]:
For some reason I get really emotional during Festival Of The Lion King in Animal Kingdom. I have no idea why. It just gets me every time. [QUOTE]

I cry EVERYTIME I see this show!!! That is the most emotional show I've EVER seen. This is the best thread. Thanks everyone for sharing!

teambricker04
08-16-2007, 10:19 PM
At the opening show at MK. As I walk in and hear the clip clop clip clop of the horses and see the castle and the characters I cry like a little kid. Partly because no matter what WDW will be magical to me.

Also, I cry while going in because it reminds me of my Aunt who was a cast member and has passed away... She was the one of the reasons they call it "the happiest place on earth".
:tink:

daddys_pooh
09-09-2007, 07:17 PM
OMG! You can feel the magic too! I was moved enough to post my first thread because of this! I try not to cry when I first enter MK. (It usually does not work). The reason I guess is because DW has always been such a magical place for me. My first visit to DW was the summer before I went to 2nd grade. It was special to me because I had no idea where were going. You see my dad is a minister. At the time he was an evangelist (traveling preacher). As you can imagine we did not have a lot of money. My parents were masters of making free trips (picnics, parks, scenic drives, etc.) special. I was the only child still at home (sis 12 years older and bro 16 older). We had spent the summer traveling through the midwest were my dad was preaching revivals in our station wagon and camper trailer. I had a ball meeting new friends and playing. I looked forward all summer to buying a few new clothes and shoes to go back to school at the end of the trip if they had the money. On the last leg of the trip we had circled around the country to visit a great aunt in Georgia. I recieved my wish of new school clothes and was very excited. When we left the next morning to "head home" (or so I thought) I fell asleep in the backseat. After lunch my dad reached behind the seat and shook me. He said, "wake up Pooh!" I sat up as we were driving under a big green sign welcoming us to Disney World and Fort Wilderness campground.
I guess I will never know what my parents sacrificed that year to allow me to see disney. All I know that it is a more special place to me because of them. So, everytime I walk in the gates and look down mainstreet I am reminded of how much I am loved and how special this place really is.
I have returned many times since then. I always feel the magic. My sis, niece, and I are going this fall (NOV). My parents feel they aren't well enough for the trip. I know I will shed a few tears this year. Thanks for the memories and the chance to share mine and read yours!

Iluvpooh
09-09-2007, 09:21 PM
:welcome: to intercot!!

laprana
09-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Like a lot of others, I always tear up during Wishes and Illuminations. :fworks: Wishes is especially meaningful to me, even though a lot of people think the reason is silly!:blush: The first time I actually sat in front of the castle to watch Wishes was in 2005. We had always just used the show as an opportunity to hit some rides while the lines were shorter. I had no idea what I was missing. When I watched it in 2005, it was the last night of our vacation, and I was dreading going back home and back to a job I absolutely hated. I had been struggling with being very unhappy in my career, but had been too scared to leave my job for fear of not finding another one! During Wishes, Jiminy Cricket said something to the effect of "All you need is a wish, and a little courage to make it come true," and for some reason, that just hit me hard. I realized I just had to have the courage to leave my job where I was so unhappy and to have faith that it would work out. Well, we got home from vacation and 2 weeks later, I put in my notice. I was able to get a new, much better job where I am so happy! Now I wonder what took me so long to leave my previous job! I guess I just needed a little encouragement from WDW and Jiminy Cricket! So, needless to say, when I saw Wishes again in 2006 and this past summer, the tears flowed freely because I was so thankful that something like Wishes and WDW could have such a big, positive impact on my life! :tink:

mjaclyn
09-10-2007, 10:54 AM
I ALWAYS get teary-eyed while watching Wishes or Illuminations. It's during those moments that I actually feel 'immersed' in Disney! :fworks::pixie:

DisneyOtaku
09-10-2007, 09:03 PM
For me: The first time I took my kids to WDW, I was holding one of my little girls (who aren't so little anymore) and we were watching Wishes. I realized she was no longer looking up at the fireworks, but instead she had looked down at me, and she said, "Daddy, this is just how I dreamed it would be."

See, and this has ME needing a tissue cause I will cry. I always cry at Spectromagic/Wishes/Illumnations because *I* remember being a little girl and watching it with my mom and dad. It's going to be so weird when I go in December since it will be my first time with my friends instead of my family. They're going tothink I'm insane when I start bawling during Wishes.

dolphinmickey9170
09-11-2007, 01:32 PM
For me, it's the first day of our new trip, walking through the train overpass, seeing Main Street for the first time. Also, Wishes! We got married at the Poly just 15 minutes before Wishes began, so you could say Wishes was our reception music. It was wonderful!

ps - I get choked up at FOTLK as well. You folks aren't alone.

sashiroo
09-11-2007, 01:56 PM
When I first walk into the MK, I get all emotional. I have, so far, been able to control the tears but it's been hard. My last trip was with my 2 DS & watching the parades with them made me tear up. I remember watching the parades with my parents and here I was passing the tradition of Disney to my kids.:cry:

mousetrapper
09-11-2007, 05:44 PM
I love this discussion board because I can say things like this and you don't think I'm out of my mind like so many of my aquaintances do. They just don't get it, and I'm so glad all of you do! :mickey:

I am SO with you!!! :D

I agree that Illuminations and Wishes do it every time for me. Nothing will match our first trip when, after having to convince my DH that EPCOT was worthwhile (as well as Studios and AK!) -- he hadn't been to WDW since he was a kid and thought MK was the only park worth visiting! -- I turned around when Illuminations was over and saw him with tears in his eyes, a Mickey sorcerer's hat on his head and our 5 year old DD on his shoulders! I have a picture of them, and it is priceless.

During our last visit, we were watching Wishes with my DH's cousin and her husband and their grandson. The hubby had never been to WDW. He was standing in front of us, looking up at the Castle and the glorious fireworks above it. All of a sudden, he turned around and, with his eyes half closed and tears welling up, grabbed each of us in a big bear hug and squeezed us tightly! He was so overwhelmed with joy, and it was so totally unexpected for him.

:mickey:

mickeyfan2001
09-11-2007, 06:25 PM
I have always cried watching Wishes...My last trip I really cried because I was on the phone with my sister who I hadn't seen in 4 years. She too LOVES disney...When we go in 09, I'm sure I will have lots of crying time as this will be the first time I have ever been to Disney with my sister. We can't wait...

SandmanGStefani24
09-11-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm pretty tough, and keep my emotions in, but I hide behind my sunglasses when I look up at Epcot's Spaceship Earth. The last time really did it to me, well...here's why///

My 2nd trip was as a teen on a school trip, so I didn't really take the time to appreciate it and I always thought that I could just go back whenever I wanted. So, for my 3rd trip I saved on my own, and after one postponement I finally got to go, TEN YEARS later. Seeing it all again, I felt like it was the next day, and I felt like I hadn't aged a day. The longer I spent at the parks I took an extra second each place to take it all in and see the beauty of each thing. As we left on our last day, I asked the Mrs to stop and let me get one last long look at SE, and I fought it, but let one tear slip away. I thought about how much it took to get me back there, everything I'd experienced in those 10 years, all the triumphs, all the heartaches, and those who I'd lost. 10 Years can go by in a heartbeat if you're not paying attention, and it all hit me there. Riding SE always makes me feel like I am still that 15 year old kid again, and I hope that never goes away.

Princess'Mom
09-11-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm glad that I read all of the posts! Now I don't feel like a sap!:blush:
I get teary eyed when I start seeing the Disney signs on the freeway. I was super glad to have sunglasses on when I walked down Main Street at MK. It was a real tear jerker to see my DD's reaction to Cindy's Castle. She was so excited! It made the entire trip worth it! WDW is a wonderful place. It brings back so many memories and allows us all to be young again, even for a brief moment. I can't wait to get back there to have that same wonderful feeling!

TennesseeTink
09-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Wishes and Illuminations always give me a lump in my throat. I have a thing for fireworks anyway but Wishes is so magical, I can't help but tear up.

With Illuminations, it's the globe and the images of people from all around the world that set me off. I know wierd, right? It goes so perfectly with the World Showcase, and then I start thinking about all the people who come to WDW every day from dozens of different countries to experience Disney magic. It makes me feel connected to them or something.

TheRustyScupper
09-12-2007, 10:46 AM
I get choked and teary at "True Colors" (HISTA pre-show)

EmcDuckRN
09-12-2007, 10:54 AM
OK, Me too. (Yeah, I'll be the tall guy in the back with his eyes welling...) :mickey:

But isn't that part of what the Magic is all about? To me, it just shows that either we are the most gullible saps around, or we were the people that Walt was playing to. I like the think that the last one is true. If you read the biographies, even Walt would get emotional like we do.

Random times hit for me. but a few of the more common triggers are...

(1) ANYTIME I hear "When you wish upon a star..." It is the one Disney song I cannot sing to, because I start choking up as soon as Jiminy sings "you..."

(2) When the trumpets begin at Fantasmic. ( first saw it standing at DL, sitll prefer the Kaa sequence to the Pocahontas sequence...)

(3) Standing in line for Pirates (my all time favorite, and always has been) Reminds me of being the last ride that Walt was Directly involved in.

(4) My DW and DS's matching expresions when we enter Fantasyland.

(5) Anytime my DS learns that we're ging to do Small World.

(6) When DD finally relaxes her teenage need to be cool and just starts to be the old her that I miss.

(7) eating at Beenokio's. (first time I took DD to DL about age 3 we stopped off at the Villiage haus because she loved pizza. She sat there with eyes as big as dinner plates like I had transported her to the childeren's version of heaven. She told everyone for months that she had eaten at Beenokio's [Pinnochio's] house.) I remember my little princess and get mushy.

(8) Almost forgot... During the "we go on" song at the end of illuminations.

Then Like I said, random times through out the trip. Sometimes for feeling so fortunate to be able to do it. Someitmes past memories, or a thousand other reasons. And every time, I say a little "Thanks Walt."

DVCWDWMEMBER
09-12-2007, 12:24 PM
The first time we went to WDW our daughter was 4 when we pulled into the parking lot at the Magic Kingdom she stood up in the back seat because she saw Cinderella's Castle and just kept saying " mom, dad Cinderella's Castle we're here" and off course I got tears in my eyes. Now each time we go the WDW and I see Cinderella's Castle I get the same feeling I had 22 years ago. :sob::sob::sob:

tkerbow
09-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Splash Mountain for sure. I'm still upset that they got rid of Uncle Remus though Nothing against 'Brer Frog, I'm just an Uncle Remus fan. :fish:

Joy2theworld
09-12-2007, 06:37 PM
The American Adventure... usually a few tears, but last week I burst into tears when I realized it had been updated since our visit last September. I must admit for the most part they were not tears of joy though...

positive0negative
09-12-2007, 11:08 PM
aw..thanks to everyone for sharing all of this. I had no idea I was surrounded by so many other emotional people when I was there! my whole family and my boyfriend all tease me because I will just start tearing up all over the place. I just got my pictures back from my trip last month and I looked at them three or four times..such happy feelings!
I'm trying to think of when I specifically get teary-eyed(aside from when it's time to leave).
Mostly during anything with their music. They really play it up.
I think a better story is about this past December's trip. I had been living in Boston (1500 miles away from my family in Florida) and I had told my Dad a few months earlier that I really wanted to go back to WDW, jokingly! and he goes "oh, okay, well, tell me the date you want to go."
So probably in like..july or august we decided to go for the christmas party. Meantime, my sister came to visit me in Boston in october and she brought me a surprise - she had made me a DVD with clips from our first trip to WDW! I was about 8 and there's this shot of my face the first time I see MK and my dad's voice asking me if I'm a little overwhelmed, because I'm just staring, my jaw is dropped to the floor. I was speechless. anyway, I had no idea she had made this and as soon as I saw it, I burst into tears. It was so sweet! I still have it and everytime I need a good cry (sometimes you just do), I throw it in and think of all the happy memories I have there.
Okay, I need to go buy some more tissues now..:mickey:

Imagineer1981
09-13-2007, 02:26 PM
everytime I enter animation courtyard and realize my dreams of being an animator keep getting more and more crushed

DisneyGrrrl
09-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Yes, I do have a magical moment. I've been going to Disney since I was in the womb because we live in FL and my parents have always been passholders. Fast forward to 1999, when I was 19 I joined as a passholder on my own with DBF, who is now DH. We always talked about how wonderful it will be someday when we have kids to take them to Disney and see their faces.

Fast forward to last year when I was expecting our first child and she suddenly came two months early and was very unstable and in the NICU for a long time. I never thought I would see her in front of the castle. Fast forward to February of this year when I was able to walk down Main Street with my healthy 8 week old baby and DH as tears streamed down my face. Not only did I get to see her in front of the castle, but she had made it. It was a dream come true. Totally crying now, LOL! The best part is that my mom was there as well (she was also crying) and got pictures of the whole thing. I will never forget it as long as I live.

magicman
09-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Yes, I do have a magical moment. I've been going to Disney since I was in the womb because we live in FL and my parents have always been passholders. Fast forward to 1999, when I was 19 I joined as a passholder on my own with DBF, who is now DH. We always talked about how wonderful it will be someday when we have kids to take them to Disney and see their faces.

Fast forward to last year when I was expecting our first child and she suddenly came two months early and was very unstable and in the NICU for a long time. I never thought I would see her in front of the castle. Fast forward to February of this year when I was able to walk down Main Street with my healthy 8 week old baby and DH as tears streamed down my face. Not only did I get to see her in front of the castle, but she had made it. It was a dream come true. Totally crying now, LOL! The best part is that my mom was there as well (she was also crying) and got pictures of the whole thing. I will never forget it as long as I live.

Now THAT was a magical story & a magical moment.

FatherForce
09-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Here's mine

1) The American Adventure - part of me still wants to believe in the best of this country and this attraction fills me with emotion.

2) Anytime my daughter says or does something sweet, like when she was 4 playing peek a boo with Pluto, or when she gave me a huge hug outside Triceratop Spin when the rest of our group went to "the big kids ride" and I volunteered to do Dinoland with her.

3) Xmas Illuminations - I actually had a small emotional breakdown when we saw this in 04. All the turmoil and suffering in the world, war, terrorism, etc, was on my mind as I watched the beautiful "Let ther be Peace on Earth" finale. If only the world outside WDW ...ah, now I'm tearing up again.

texasteacher
10-19-2007, 07:23 PM
The American Adventure... usually a few tears, but last week I burst into tears when I realized it had been updated since our visit last September. I must admit for the most part they were not tears of joy though...

The American Adventure has been updated? Oh no! I am going in December (haven't been in 3 years) and sure hope they didn't change it too much!

crmark1
10-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Ok here it goes!

1. Walking down main street at MK the first time of each trip.
2. During Philharmagic, theres something about those classic movie songs.
3. American Adventure
4. Anytime I see my DS and DD's eyes light up!

AdventurerKim
10-20-2007, 06:07 PM
I always get teary at the end of American Adventure. The montage movie at the end is so inspirational, especially seeing all of the Americans who have contributed to much to our society and the world with their accomplishments. That always makes me proud to be an American.

AbeeNormal
10-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Ok I've said it before and I'll say it again "I love you people":cloud9:

I cried:sob: reading all of these posts and I've never even been to WDW - by the time I get there in January I am going to be a blubbering mess. :cry:

Thank you for making me feel like that's OK and I'm not the only one who completly emersses (sp?) themselves into Disney. ;)

Mrs.Mya
10-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Oh my, AbeeNormal, you've never been to WDW yet??!! Just be prepared to be a BIGGER blubbering mess !! ;)

I too was all teary and a mess just reading everyone's posts. My DH says everything makes me cry about Disney ( good cry ) . My first flat out sob was Nov. 2005 when it was our 2 sons first time to go. After the opening ceremonies at MK and they open up for all to go in, I could hardly control myself from crying aloud. :drama:

I am leaving again for WDW in 28 days, and I now am "vehclempt" :crying: just thinking about it !!!

disneydeb
10-20-2007, 09:31 PM
Last Saturday night, when Illuminations was at its end I cried like a baby, just ask Ellen...

kbhanda
10-21-2007, 09:02 AM
Through tears I type this. All wonderful memories...thank you for sharing!

I would have to say my definite tear times are "Wishes" as the children sing......and during the Golden Dreams montage at American Adventure. The tears start at first words of the song.....then as Walt's face appears I am a full blown mess!!

I am going to add this here now as I know it will happen this coming January trip....DD will be going to BBB. As they turn her around and she sees herself, I will be the big puddle next to her.

LudwigVonDrake
10-21-2007, 10:55 AM
What ALWAYS used to get me was the end of the animation tour when they showed film clips of great scenes from Disney movies. There would usually be lots of sniffling in the room from that one :mickey: