PDA

View Full Version : Are Dolphin/Swan completely non-smoking?

yasmina
08-08-2007, 08:52 AM
With the new DDP, we may not book it on our next trip, which frees us to look at staying off Disney resorts.

Dh & I both smoke (I know - bad kids:blush:), but I was wondering if you can book a smoking room at the Swan or Dolphin, or have they gone the way of the rest of the world (or so it seems) totally non-smoking?

Hammer
08-08-2007, 09:12 AM
All rooms at the Swan are non-smoking as well as the indoor public areas. They do have an outdoor designated smoking area. The Dolphin does offer smoking rooms, but it is not a very large number. The indoor public areas at the dolphin are non-smoking.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-08-2007, 08:00 PM
The Swan & Dolphin are not "off" Disney resorts. They are on property, just not Official hotels.

crazypoohbear
08-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Seems like everyone is going non smoking.
Maybe it's incentive to quit :D
You could always take the tons of money saved from buying cigarettes and book a stay at the Grand Floridian :blush:
Seriously I can't believe how much Cigarettes cost these days.

I quit 18 years ago and was shocked when a pack was more than $1.00 ( I use to buy them on base for $8.50 per CARTON)

DisneyDudet
08-08-2007, 08:58 PM
I know for sure that the Swan is completely non-smoking. It has been for a while now.

I'm not sure about the Dolphin, but you can call 407-934-4000 and find out from the horse's mouth!

Hammer
08-08-2007, 10:56 PM
I know for sure that the Swan is completely non-smoking. It has been for a while now.

I'm not sure about the Dolphin, but you can call 407-934-4000 and find out from the horse's mouth!

From the website for the Swan and Dolphin:

7. Do you allow smoking at the resort?
The Swan wing of the resort no longer allows smoking in any part of the resort including the guest rooms. Guests who choose to smoke may do so in designated outdoor areas only.

Those who do smoke may prefer to request a room in the Dolphin wing of the resort where smoking is permitted in designated rooms.

I wanted to post this information so that people are aware that there are designated outdoor smoking areas on the Swan property, but the building itself is non-smoking.

Quick Moderator Note- Let's keep this thread about the smoking policies of the Swan and Dolphin and refrain from editorial comments on smoking in general. Those are more appropriate for other forums on Intercot.

yasmina
08-09-2007, 07:02 AM
From the website for the Swan and Dolphin:

I wanted to post this information so that people are aware that there are designated outdoor smoking areas on the Swan property, but the building itself is non-smoking.

Quick Moderator Note- Let's keep this thread about the smoking policies of the Swan and Dolphin and refrain from editorial comments on smoking in general. Those are more appropriate for other forums on Intercot.

Thank you, that is the information I was looking for. Of course, it could possibly change before our next trip, but it''s helpful to know the current policy.

yasmina
08-09-2007, 07:03 AM
The Swan & Dolphin are not "off" Disney resorts. They are on property, just not Official hotels.

That's why I said "off-Disney resorts". I should have phrased it better. Sorry.

disney
08-10-2007, 03:50 AM
:thumbsup:Don't say "bad kids" because I smoke and my dh dosen't but he respects my choise, which is alot more then non smokers do. The Dolphin resort has smoking rooms. I can't say to much because I got into it once before here about how perfect the non smokers think they are. Anyway we have reservations for the Dolphin for next month and have a smoking room. You all have a great time.

yasmina
08-10-2007, 08:25 AM
:thumbsup:Don't say "bad kids" because I smoke and my dh dosen't but he respects my choise, which is alot more then non smokers do. The Dolphin resort has smoking rooms. I can't say to much because I got into it once before here about how perfect the non smokers think they are. Anyway we have reservations for the Dolphin for next month and have a smoking room. You all have a great time.

I sent you a pm :mickey: