PDA

View Full Version : Earl of Sandwich

TBY2225
08-08-2007, 08:42 AM
Does anyone know what you get on the dining plan at Earl of Sandwich? I was wondering if it is just the sandwich, dessert, and drink, or does chips or another side come with it as well. Also what sandwiches do you recommend?

snifflesmcg
08-08-2007, 09:15 AM
You are correct, you get the sandwich, drink and desset. I haven't eaten there since 2005 so I can't remember but they do offer potato salad, coleslaw (that type of thing) if you want a side. They sell for around $1.50. Earl of Sandwich, IMO, is one of the best CS in WDW. I had the "Cannonballs" (meatballs) and it was excellent.

tiaramom
08-08-2007, 10:06 AM
I understand we all have diffrent taste in foods. I wanted to make my opinion known. My family and I ventured to ddt to eat out and by default ate at Earl of Sandwich. I found these sandwiches bad quality and cheaply made.
We didnt enjoy this place at All. Its a Subway with some frills and Foof to make it appear more upscale than a simple sandwich shoppe. I love deli sandwiches... but this one wasnt for us. I will never visit again - even in a rush.
Just my view on it. I would stear clear and try another sandwich - such at Wolf hang Puck or planet Hollywood.

mrsgaribaldi
08-08-2007, 10:07 AM
I love the Earl. We try to at least stop there once a trip.:thumbsup:

Momof2boys
08-08-2007, 10:12 AM
We also need to eat at Earl at least once a trip. Personally, I think they're much better than Subway (which I eat at 3x a week). We're never on the Dining Plan, but I can give you our faves -- hubby loves the Beef n Bleu, and I alternate between the meatball & tuna. Delish :tasty:

bleukarma
08-08-2007, 10:15 AM
I discovered Earl of Sandwich a few months ago and I think it is my new favorite CS!! I had the "All American" I think it was called. It is turkey with cranberries on it. Now, I am a picky eater and normally this is something I wouldn't venture to eat but I was starving and it looked good and I'm glad I did. It was great! I highly recommend!!
Also, my mom and my aunt had the tomato soup and it looked good too! :mickey:

SBETigg
08-08-2007, 10:23 AM
I understand we all have diffrent taste in foods. I wanted to make my opinion known. My family and I ventured to ddt to eat out and by default ate at Earl of Sandwich. I found these sandwiches bad quality and cheaply made.
We didnt enjoy this place at All. .

Wow, interesting! I haven't tried the Earl yet but I've heard nothing but praise until now. I love hearing other opinions. Thanks for sharing.

Tinkitude
08-08-2007, 10:53 AM
I agree with the majority here. EOS has such great variety in their sandwiches, and you can't beat the prices. We discovered on our last trip to Disney in 2005, and definitely plan to eat there this year in September. We loved it.:mickey::thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
08-08-2007, 12:04 PM

This quote surprises me. Bad Quality??? Can you tell us what the problem was when you were there? Not challenging you but just interested because we've always found them great and of high quality. Interested to know what happened because things can be off on any given day.

Goofster
08-08-2007, 02:49 PM
We loved it! Very similar to Panara Bread and Cosi. :thumbsup:

dog-ears
08-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Like most here we really liked it - I thought their bread was really good and that's a huge part of any delicious sandwich!

glenpreece
08-08-2007, 06:14 PM
I love EoS and last year when we were on the DP we got a sandwich a fountain drink or btl water and a massive cookie. I love the Brownie cookie it is so good!!!!

DisneyDudet
08-08-2007, 06:29 PM
I discovered Earl of Sandwich a few months ago and I think it is my new favorite CS!! I had the "All American" I think it was called. It is turkey with cranberries on it. Now, I am a picky eater and normally this is something I wouldn't venture to eat but I was starving and it looked good and I'm glad I did. It was great! I highly recommend!!
Also, my mom and my aunt had the tomato soup and it looked good too! :mickey:

If you love tomato soup, this is the place to go! It used to be less than a buck to get a huge cup of steaming hot tomato soup (this is the one thing I hate the DP for). It is so good!! There was one trip we ate there 3 times!

There are three of us and we usually get two sandwiches (used to be the Chicken salad sandwich before it was gone... yup..ddp... but now its the All American) and each get a soup. We saved a lot of money on these meals!

We love it so much. Don't let the line scare you. It moves fast!

If you get an appetizer, I would think a soup or side salad would be it, but you probably get the sandwich or big salad, drink and dessert... those desserts just stare at me in the face!!!

disneyboy98
08-09-2007, 02:55 AM
We love the EoS and the "All American" is a must try. Turkey, lettuce, tomato, chedder cheese, with buttermilk ranch dressing!!!!

BEST SANDWICH EVER!!!!:tasty::tasty::tasty:

TBY2225
08-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks everyone! I can't wait to try it!

Crow
08-09-2007, 11:15 AM
ive been wanting to try it, but on the DDP in May i went w Cookes of Dublin and loved it.
i eat more in Epcot so its tought to fit in DD places but its still on my list to try

BronxTigger
08-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Last year when we went, DH and I had a Montegue and a Scudetto. If I remember correctly, both were quite good and we enjoyed both, but the Scudetto was a bit spicy.

tinkerbell04
08-09-2007, 01:08 PM
I really enjoyed the salads at Earl of Sandwich. When we used our CS credits there, we got the sandwich, dessert and drink. You could substitute chips for the dessert if you so desired. I liked the sandwiches, but for value and quality of foods, we like Wolfgang Puck's a little bit better.:mickey:

Lizzie
08-10-2007, 03:17 PM
We love this place we ate there three times on our last trip. I can't wait to go back.