PDA

View Full Version : Cute misunderstandings

K8screen
08-08-2007, 07:17 AM
On my DBF's (a very young type of senior) recent first trip, we started at Epcot. I had deliberately explained little about WDW to him, as I wanted it to come as a surprise. (Very successful!;))
We got FPs, which I wasnt sure he understood, for Soarin, and came back at the right time. We got to the front of the line, and the CM directed us on to the ride, at which DBF turned around and started to walk out, mumbling something about "We have to come back AGAIN?!?" "Where are you going?" Iasked "She said half past one and its only 11 oclock" he answered. "She said CONCOURSE one!" I told him and guided the confused deaf old darlin' onto his seat!
He loved it btw.
Anyone else got experience of confused first timers?

disneycouple2004
08-08-2007, 09:34 AM
While in line for SSE a family of 4 right in front of us, one of the kids ask the dad what ride is this ? and dad said ( this is Misson Space and we have to ride it before we leave its the best ride in the park !)..my wife and i just smiled and never said a word..:D

mainemajor
08-08-2007, 09:50 AM
I was sitting on ToT last year and the guy next to me had told the others in his party that it really did not fall - it was like Star Wars. Boy were they surprised, first when the doors opened and the car moved through the hotel and then later when the doors opened up 13 floors up :party: He knew better, but did not think they would ride if they knew the truth. How they missed all the screaming outside, I will never know.

Boost
08-08-2007, 09:51 AM
I remember as a kid in the mid 70's that my grandma thought that the queue rails inside SM (where the stainless steel rails are) were the rails that the coaster rode on. My brother and I tried to convince her otherwise; however, she insisted that we turn around and go back. Too funny...

LauraF
08-08-2007, 10:04 AM
My grandmother thought Test Track was a car show. We tried to convince her that it was a bit more active than that, but she said she could handle it. When she got off, she turned to me and said, "I'm never going to trust you again. That was horrible!" Umm, we told you it wasn't a easy ride. :secret:

andreallybadeggs
08-08-2007, 10:10 AM
At age 4 we surprised our DD with one night in the Contemporary with an MK view (sort of) like the one she was expecting after seeing the WDW commercials. Her Dad recorded her excitement as she pointed out every thing she could see from the balcony. "And I see the castle, and I see...etc...
etc..." She got a bit confused, though, as she turned her attention to the monorail hotels to continue the narration. "And now I see the Grand Flo-RI-dian and I see the Pol eh, the Pol eh, I see the POLIDAY INN!" :cloud9:

PurpleEeyore
08-08-2007, 07:46 PM
When taking my nan on her first trip we were lining up for startours and managed to convince her that the little trays that move across the ceiling were what you sat on for the ride!

disneydeb
08-08-2007, 10:24 PM
My family's first trip back in 1972, my mom, sister, and I were in the original Tiki room for the show. When we exited, my mom stated, "those birds were so well trained!"

:D we weren't very sophisticated :D
:blush:we're still not!:blush:

Iluvpooh
08-08-2007, 10:37 PM
While in line for SSE a family of 4 right in front of us, one of the kids ask the dad what ride is this ? and dad said ( this is Misson Space and we have to ride it before we leave its the best ride in the park !)..my wife and i just smiled and never said a word..:D

Same thing happened to us. We were in line for Astro Orbiter and a family in front of us thought it was Buzz Lightyear.
My favorite- There is always someone on the bus that thinks the ToT is REAL hotel- Or people who say you can rent a room in the castle(okay that used to be not true):D

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-09-2007, 01:32 AM
Back in 97 staying off property there was a Bugs Bunny character walking around. My sister who was 11 asked my Mom if she could go get her autograph book from the hotel room.

My mom gave her the key, and she went up the stairs because there were slow elevators in that hotel.

Well she went to the 2nd floor instead of the 3rd and kept trying the keycard which failed to work.

A woman in a business suit answered and my sister was asking her what she was doing in our hotel room. The woman explained it was hers. My sister then said, "are you the MAID or something?" and my sister says the woman might have taken offence to it!

Then she realized it was room 212 instead of 312 :blush:

And the kicker...1/2 hour after this happened...the woman ended up sitting at the table next to ours...and we could only laugh...along with her!

Chris :hatter:

jszczur5
08-09-2007, 03:15 PM
A couple of years ago, while getting off Space Mountain, my husband and two sons thought it would be funny to clutch their stomachs and pretend to throw up from the ride. A couple of people at the end of the line looked very apprehensive and started to get out of line. I quickly assured them that my family were kidding, that the ride was not at all intense and please, don't give up your spot because of these jokers.
My husband and sons thought that this made their prank even funnier.
Men...seriously!!

BronxTigger
08-09-2007, 03:28 PM
I was on the Swiss Treehouse last year and overheard somebody say something like "this queue is really cool, but when do we get to the ride?" To this day I'm not 100% sure if the person was confused or just joking because I didn't see their face as they said it.

Rosanne
08-09-2007, 04:10 PM
My baby cousin (4 years old) cried every night because we promised her we were staying in Disney World--and in her mind we weren't staying in Disney World because we didn't sleep in the castle. :)
So cute.

Chipfan
08-09-2007, 07:50 PM
First time we went to WDW was 1989 and we stayed at CBR well I was 4 and my uncle wanted to make sure I wouldn't go in the lagoon at the resort so he proceeded to tell me that the water was green because of the alligators and being 4 I believed him. Worked though haven't been in that water during that trip or any trip since :blush:

mickey&missy
08-09-2007, 08:34 PM
During our trip in October we were walking out of Epcot after Illuminations and there was a group of people in their late teens or early twenties behind us. It became obvious that none of them had been to WDW before.The one guy was telling his friends how they should go see the animals at the Magic Kingdom the next day. The one girls asked "there are animals?!" The guy tells them about how someone told him about a safari with elephants and giraffes, and how there are gorillas and fruit bats, etc...

I almost said something, but then I figured I should mind my own business.

I can only imagine them walking around MK looking for the safari and finding the jungle cruise!!

Fantasmic
08-10-2007, 06:03 AM
My DBF asked me yesterday "where's the monorail" when I showed him we were staying at AS Movies :secret:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-10-2007, 10:31 PM
When my nephew was 4, he took his first trip to the world. When the plane landed at the airport, he asked the pilot why we didn't land IN Disney World. He took us literally when we said we were going to Disney World and didn't realize we had to drive to get there.

DisneyGRL7
08-11-2007, 06:19 PM
I was about to take my first ride on Splash with my mom and grandfather and my little cousins, 3 and 4 at the time, decided that they would just watch. However, they didn't tell any of us that and preceeded to walk into the queue and get on the ride with us!!