PDA

View Full Version : breakfast at EPCOT?

packofjedis
08-08-2007, 07:12 AM
If EPCOT opens at 9:00, is there any place that you can go for a small breakfast and/or just coffee at 8:30 or so? Or can you not get into the park until 9:00?

Thanks!

Joy2theworld
08-08-2007, 07:17 AM
They used to let you in a little earlier, but not anymore. They will open the gates before 9, but will have cast members with ropes blocking the pathways to the rides and such for the opening morning ceremony with the characters. Unfortunately, there isn't a place for breakfast in that area. Just after they drop the ropes, you can visit the Fountainview Cafe where they have pastries and coffe and such, but you can't do that before the park actually opens.

BronxTigger
08-08-2007, 07:42 AM
On our 2005 trip, we ran into this problem. In the past, we had been able to go to the bakery in Norway, but on the 05 trip it was not open until the 11:00 WS rope drop. Fountain View was also closed (refurbishment I think), so we ended up eating at Electric Umbrella. The food offered there was typical fast food breakfast; there were French toast sticks (very similar to Burger King's), omelets, and some other items. However, their menu may have changed, because what I remember is not listed on the menu here at InfoCentral.

DizneyRox
08-08-2007, 08:06 AM
For a number of years, Electric Umbrella hasn't been open. The only non TS breakfast has been the area down near Soarin. The coffee cart over near UoE may be open and serve some pastries, but I'm not sure.

Ever since they changed to 9am openings a good breakfast has been tough to come by. AK has been easy with Tusker House, but something tells me that's gonna change soon.

If you want breakfast in the parks, you best bet is a character meal it seems.

Momof2boys
08-08-2007, 10:38 AM
We had breakfast at the Sunshine Seasons food court - by Living with the Land. It consisted of bakery items, but they were huge & quite tasty.