PDA

View Full Version : Michale Buble Live

PirateLover
08-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Long story short- If you have a chance to see this man in concert, DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Buble started out as a joke between my boyfriend and I. He used to work at Blockbuster video a few years back and Buble's song "Feeling Good" was on the tape they played in the store. He found the video absolutely hilarious and showed it to me and I laughed as well. Then I realized that hey, I actually like this guy! I'm a huge Sinatra/ standards fan and I like Buble's voice a ton.
Still I wouldn't call myself a humongous fan, I don't even own a full album. (that honor belongs to my BF, I bought HIM an album for christmas, lol).
Anyway, for our 5 year dating anniversary he bought us tickets to see Buble at the Mann Center here in Philly. I laughed and thought "hey it will be a nice night out."
Fast forward to tonight. The temp was still 90 at 9pm and very humid. This is an outside venue, and the covered portion traps heat like a greenhouse. And we have balcony seats. Way up high. We had to scale Mt. Everest practically to get up there. We are feeling sweaty and miserable and did not like the opening band. But the minute Michael came on I forgot about the heat. What a showman!!!!!! And WHAT A VOICE! The only time I saw him sing live was on American Idol and to be frank he sounded....shaky at best. But this man was on fire! He came out into the crowd to hug people and take pictures in the middle of the show, danced around like a dynamo in his full suit the entire time, continuing to thank us for hanging in there with him in the heat. And his band was magnificent. I am a HUGE fan after this show, and you can bet I'm going out and buying all of his albums now, and I will never miss one of his shows if he comes back around!

Dreamin' of Disney
08-08-2007, 06:01 AM
My hubby and I are fans. I'd love to get him tickets to a show. Thanks for the update, I'm going to see if there are any coming near us!:)

offwego
08-08-2007, 10:05 AM
I really like his stuff too. Great "dinner music" if you will for large family groups so everyone can listen without issues.

So glad you enjoyed the concert!!

January-2007
08-08-2007, 02:23 PM
DH and I like him too. Sounds like an amazing concert!