PDA

View Full Version : Two year Old at Magic Kingdom

centralohio disneyfan
08-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Bringing a child that's just about 2 years old to Disney for the first time. Planning to spend the day at Magic Kingdom. (We are staying at French Quarter, so we will be able to go back and rest). Realistically, what attractions will we be able to take him on. He is very daring. What I was particularly wondering about was Pirates of the Caribbean, Small World, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Dumbo, and things like that.

TexasPrincessAurora
08-07-2007, 10:56 PM
We took our son when he turned 2. He did pretty much everything in Fantasyland (with the exception of the Mad Tea Party) and Adventureland, along with the Country Bears, Goofy's Barnstormer, Buzz Lightyear and Carousel of Progress. He absolutely loved character meet and greets and character meals as well.

Iluvpooh
08-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Dumbo is iffy. I have seen many a child who thinks they want to do it-right up until it moves. Then they freak out. Most kids do not mind Pirates-If they make it through the queue with out freaking out.
Peter Pan, Small World, & Pooh shouldn't be a problem at all. Have fun.

Miss Tink
08-07-2007, 11:50 PM
I took my 2 yr old & 3 yr old neices to Disney a couple of years ago, and suprisingly the 2 yr old was much more daring when it came rides. She rode and loved everything. On some rides like Pirates and Snow White she barried her face during the "intense" parts, but bounced right back. Dumbo was her favorite. You'll have a blast. There is nothing like seeing it thru a 2 yr old's eyes!

Andy_2002
08-08-2007, 07:44 AM
No one knows your child better than you. If you say he is daring then he should love all of the above rides and probably be begging to go on the rides he isn't big enough for.

My son was 4 on his first trip and he scares easy, so I prepared him by letting him watch rides like HM and BTMR on Youtube before we went.

He still needed some convincing to ride them (we dragged him on POTC and HM), but in the end he loved them all, and there was only BTMR he didn't want to ride again.

My daughter was 9 months old at the time and loved everything, even POTC and Buzz, she wanted to blast the aliens too.

BigRedDad
08-08-2007, 08:08 AM
For a 2 year old, most of the rides in Fantasyland should be fine. Also, bribing does not hurt either. Tell them they can have ice cream or something after the ride. They will probably enjoy the ride so much, they forget about the ice cream (I doubt they would forget).

I do warn you not to take a child on that is fighting not to go on.

LibertyTreeGal
08-08-2007, 08:09 AM
No matter how daring he is, you never can tell. Different kids react differently in strange situations.

One thing for sure that you should know -- according to the Unofficial Guide (I think that's where I read this anyway) when most little ones are polled afterwards about their favorite thing at WDW -- it's the resort pool LOL

jetsdc
08-08-2007, 09:37 AM
We took our 2 y.o. son last year, and he loved all of the rides you mentioned. He also is the kind of kid you might call fearless, and nothing really scared him. In fact, I think his favorite ride was the Teacups. He had no trouble with Dumbo or the Aladdin carpets, and even really liked the Goofy Barnstormer "roller coaster" in Toontown. He also really got a kick out of "driving" dad at the Indy speedway (I did the pedals).

He was really into the Toy Story movies before we went, and if your son likes them, I'd highly recommend the "Cowboy Camp" that they have several times each day in Frontierland. My son got to dance with Woody -- it really made his day. (OK, it really made my day to see him so happy!)

Your son will love it all; have fun!