PDA

View Full Version : Catastrophe Canyon question

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-07-2007, 09:13 PM
How do you end up being selected as part of the show? By that I mean getting the water dumped on you, etc.

Any help would be great!

Chris :hatter:

mulderxcoltrane
08-07-2007, 09:22 PM
It's never a sure thing - but being at the front of the line and asking a CM if they need any volunteers wouldn't hurt.

ginny57
08-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Does seem pretty random. I have been at the front of the line a few times & did get picked once. Of course, I was there with just my oldest son so NO ONE was with us to take pictures!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-07-2007, 09:30 PM
It's never a sure thing - but being at the front of the line and asking a CM if they need any volunteers wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for the tip! I will ask :mickey:

Does seem pretty random. I have been at the front of the line a few times & did get picked once. Of course, I was there with just my oldest son so NO ONE was with us to take pictures!

Right on! Must have been fun. But I would be in the same situation...I will be going solo in September most likely. Still...the experience would be amazing! :cloud9:

RockChalkKimball
08-07-2007, 09:38 PM
My husband and daughter were in it once. We were at the end of a group going in, but there 10 of us and we didn't want to get split up, so we waited until the next group. My brother was visiting with a CM and he asked if he wanted to be in the show. He let my DH and DD do it, since his kids were too young. They had a blast and we got some fun pictures. Good Luck!!

DisneyAndRedSox
08-07-2007, 09:54 PM
I have done it twice, once the day after DH and I got engaged at MK! Nothing like dumping hundreds of gallons of water on the guy that just gave you a diamond ring!

Both times they were just asking people at the front of the line. I would just ask the CM if you can volunteer for the next show, you will have to wait around for a little while but it's fun! Just keep your arms down or water will pour down the sleeves of the raincoat!

Melanie
08-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Both times they were just asking people at the front of the line.

That's what happened to us when my husband was picked a few years back.

chrisb26
08-07-2007, 10:41 PM
I did it last Christmas. We where actually at the very back of the line there is a door back there and the CM came out there and asked us if anybody wanted to do it. Of course my brother volunteered me. So I said alright and then the lady said since you got volunteered you get to do the big water scene. So I got all that water poured on me. I learned something while doing that and that was that those blue uniforms they give you don't do a whole lot for keeping the water off you. Half my body was soaked from it. But it was fun!

jszczur5
08-08-2007, 01:24 AM
I was asked to be a part of the show last summer. It was around supper time and there were very few people in line. They were actually asking for two more volunteers, but had to settle for just me, as my husband had to stay with our 10 year old.
I was, indeed, the person that all the water got dumped on. Let me tell you - those water proof suits are not water proof. The bottom half of me got soaked.
Anyway, my good luck stemmed from being near the front of the line in a very short crowd.
It proved to be a kind of neat experience and people are always impressed that I got picked. It was nothing personal - just good luck, as I said.

DizneyRox
08-08-2007, 07:33 AM
I've been asked about 7 times now. I politely decline to give someone else a chance. I'm not sure what it is, problably rugged good looks or my charming personality.

One time I was asked in the back of the line and when I got up front was asked again. Go figure, it appears to be mostly dumb luck.

K8screen
08-08-2007, 07:48 AM
We didnt want to be chosen, but they were certainly taking the people at the front of the line when we were there 2 weeks ago. We were at the front of the line, and they asked the only group ahead of us. We then realised we would miss our lunch ressies so we went away and came back later. Again we were near the front and again they asked the front family.

BigRedDad
08-08-2007, 08:04 AM
I think it is completely random. We were in 3 shows when we were there during our Honeymoon. I can't remember their names, but one was on the PT Boat at MGM. We were not wearing our Honeymoon ears or pins. We walked up towards the end of the line. Through a side door, a CM came out and asked if we could help him. I figured he needed help pulling something out. Instead, he put us in the rainsuits and off we went. DW got on Millionaire. I forgot the 3rd show.

pianobabe
08-08-2007, 08:39 PM
My son and I were picked a few years ago while we were going to get in line. A CM came out the back door and asked us if we wanted to and we said sure. It was just the two of us, so we don't have any pictures. I don't know if we were any good as extra's, but I do know we had a blast doing it.

emmingo
08-08-2007, 09:10 PM
I have one friend that is an extremely tall, sturdy looking man, and he always gets picked for Catastrophe Canyon (where they do the movie thing and dump all the water on you). I think if you stand out, or you make yourself very obvious you get picked more often (also, it helps to be with a group that you don't want to break up...you get pulled aside and then they pick sometimes out of the people waiting around for the next ride). :D

Fantasmic
08-09-2007, 05:41 AM
I've been picked, I had to be on the boat cleaning the decks! It was great fun.
But I can't remember if I was at the front or the rear or the middle of the ride

jans2kids
08-09-2007, 07:42 AM
I was picked last summer. We just missed getting in for the previous show so we were at the front of the line. When the CM came out and ask for volunteers I raised my hand quickly and was the first one picked. I got to sit in the booth on the ship and had over 1000 gallons of water dumped down over the booth I was sitting in.

DisneyBunch5
08-09-2007, 01:04 PM
We were at the end of the line, when a CM came out of the door and asked for volunteers. My sister "volunteereed" (after a little pressure from us).

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Think the CMs would take pictures or video tape it for you if say....you were going solo?:blush: