PDA

View Full Version : House Sale and Purchase Update

iheartmickey
08-07-2007, 05:43 PM
OK, this might (it will) get long, so bless you, in advanced for those who read all the way through. :blush:

I posted in June that our house was on the market and then updated that we got an offer and put an offer in on another house and they accepted. NOW ....

We got another offer on Monday. $5000 more than the first offer. After much consideration we decided to keep the first offer (even though it was $5000 less). The first offer we had originally turned her down with her first offer, and then on Sunday decided we would accept ... we'd feel really bad if we AGAIN told her no thank you ... even though we got something better (BTW she lives down the street from us now ... but rents). We felt bad and we felt like we were being greedy if we took the second offer. We're trying to do the right thing.

So after we decide this I get a call from our agent ... the seller (of the home we're purchasing) will not sign our contract. They are worried that our buyer is a problem and that she'll back out at the last minute. It's so complicated and I don't really pretend to understand all of it. But she wants the mortgage for one amount and then 7,000 back for closing costs ... which takes her down to her bid price. The second bidder only wants 2,500 dollars back for closing.

I'm so mad and confused. :confused: How did our seller find out about our contract(s)? Why do they care about the deal we're making that's our discision to make not theirs. Yes the house is being purchased with the understanding it depends on the sale of our home ... but we have two bidders fighting over our house ... shouldn't they be convinced it's not going to be a problem?!?!:rant:

I'm so stressed! :mad: I just don't know what to do! I really am in love with this house we put the bid on. I just can't wait.

To top it all off this is going on and the longer we delay the closer the closing is getting to our Disney trip in Oct! I AM NOT CANCELLING OUR TRIP! I've been looking forward to it for longer than we've been looking at houses!

OK, sorry about the rant ... if you could spare pixie dust we could really use it right now. I just want to get through this with some semblance of sanity!

thank you again for reading!

mrsgaribaldi
08-07-2007, 05:52 PM
It's on the way :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:
Good luck. I hope it works out the way you want:pixie:

SBETigg
08-07-2007, 06:00 PM
My best friend lives in East Windsor:thumbsup:

:pixie: and best wishes for it all to work out in your best interest.

carley
08-07-2007, 06:00 PM
the best of luck to you... i sure hope it all works out for you...

WishingStar2006
08-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Best wishes....what is meant to be...will be. :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

DizNee143
08-08-2007, 08:18 AM
oh man that stinks..i really hope it all works out for you!!! pixie dust is on the way!!! please keep us updated!! :mickey:

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

bleukarma
08-08-2007, 08:24 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:Here's some pixie dust for you, I hope it all works out and you get the house you want!

January-2007
08-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Best of luck to you! :pixie:

ElenitaB
08-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Here's some :pixie: to see you through this all! Sorry that you're getting such stress about all of this. I hope that it all works out for all concerned.

RenDuran
08-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Hope you get your dream house!

I don't even pretend to understand the real estate market....it's amazing to me the stuff that goes on. And that a seller can reject an offer for any reason! Just like yours is doing.

Here's some :pixie: for you!

offwego
08-08-2007, 09:49 AM
I suspect (but don't know of course) from what you've said that the seller is nervous about the "contingent" sale clause in your offer. Since it leaves you with an out should your buyer back away (and by then your other potential buyer may have moved on and thus protects you from having two homes).

Clauses like this are for your protection but they can make a seller very nervous.

Wishing you all the luck in the world that this settles down shortly and you can go on your trip!!

TINKERBELL_82
08-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Try not to stress!! If it is meant to be, it will be!! I completely understand what you are going through, we just closed on our new house last month. It was highly stressful, especially when things were touch and go and we were SO attached to the house, but DH would always tell me that everything will work itself out, and it did!!:D

Whenever you feel yourself getting stressed, just think about that upcoming WDW trip!! That always makes me feel better!! :mickey:

Momof2boys
08-08-2007, 12:16 PM
:pixie: to you !

I'm also confused how your seller would know about your other buyer . . . that's very weird.

iheartmickey
08-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Thank you everyone for all the support! You guys are number one in my book!!!

The realtor for the seller is asking lots of questions because an offer fell through for them a few months ago. I understand why they are jumpy about our offer now, but we will do what it takes to get this house because I really love it. I mean love it!!!

Today we accepted the other offer with less money back and hope that it makes the seller feel more comfortable. That deal went into attorney review today. So I guess we'll see.

DH keeps telling me to relax ... this is just the process and that these things happen. He says thats why the realtors and lawyers get so much money! LOL!

I can't wait untill all this is over and we're in WDW. :mickey:

Dsnygirl
08-09-2007, 04:42 AM
:pixie::pixie: Good luck, Kristy... we recently sold our house, and if I could avoid ever doing it again in my lifetime, I would!! Be patient... I'm sure the seller of the house you love wants to sell as badly as you want it, esp. since she's had an offer already fall through... and now, you've given her good reason to see how serious you are about making it work, so I bet you'll be okay. Let us know what happens!! :pixie::pixie:

The Bookseller
08-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Here's for you! :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

iheartmickey
08-19-2007, 09:15 PM
I just wanted to post some positive news about our house sale and purchase.

Well, everything seems to be going smoothly now. Both our house and the house we're buying are now out of attorney review! YIPPIE!

We have our house inspection on Weds ... then we'll have a purchase agreement and our mortgage will be in the works.

For the sale of our house the buyers have waived a house inspection! BONUS! Now we don't have to fix our broken toilet, kitchen drawer and missing screen from our bedroom window.

So now we're packing and getting quotes for movers ... I can't believe it. Movers! I'm so excited for movers, we've always just loaded up the truck and moved ourselves. Anyway ... maybe I'll get to take some pictures of the new place on Weds and I'll share them with you all!

Thank you for all the pixie dust and encouragment! (Keep it coming ... still have a long way to go ... Sept 24th is our closing.)

princessgirls
08-19-2007, 10:50 PM
Congratulations!

I'm glad everything has worked out for you.

As I can well relate... moving is very stressful.

Good Luck with everything.

Julie:mickey:

DizNee143
08-20-2007, 08:25 AM
yay!! im so happy everything is going good for the two houses...hope it continues to go this good!!! :mickey:

Tinkerfreak
08-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Congrats! I hope your move goes fast and smooth. Enjoy your new house.

bleukarma
08-20-2007, 09:10 AM
Congrats on everything falling into place!!! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
08-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Congrats and good luck with the move. How exciting.:thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
08-21-2007, 08:03 AM
:party: Yeah!! that's great news... I'm so happy to hear it's all going so smoothly for you. And definitely post pictures... we all love pictures!! :thumbsup: Good luck with everything!!

January-2007
08-21-2007, 11:45 AM
:congrats: What great news!!

Momof2boys
08-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Moving is such an exciting (and stressful) time. Sounds like things are going great . . . :pixie: for a smooth transition.

iheartmickey
08-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Tomorrow is the inspection of our new house! I can't wait ... we haven't been in it sice the day we put the bid in. Hope I love it as much as I remember. LOL!

We're paying a small fortune to have it inspected ... last time we went with a cheap inspector and after we moved in had all kinds of problems. (Air wasn't working, Fridge not cool, windows sealed shut and a bug problem! :sick:) NOT this time!

:fingers:, no major things need to be fixed or replaced ... and if they do the people selling won't put up a fight! They've been kind of a slow with everything and hesitant about selling. So send the pixie dust to NJ tomorrow that all goes well!

Dsnygirl
08-22-2007, 06:18 AM
So send the pixie dust to NJ tomorrow that all goes well!
Sending you as much inspection :pixie::pixie:
as I can find!! good luck today!! :thumbsup:

The Bookseller
08-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Movers! YAY! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Just to be on a safe side, here's some :pixie: for the closure of the deal and some more :pixie: :pixie: for a safe, hassle free, move to your new home.

iheartmickey
09-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Just a little update ... :D

So, everything is moving right along. We have hit a few speed bumps ... a few expenses we weren't counting on ... a few errors made by the township and our realtor! :thedolls:

We knew we had time to take care of everything, so I didn't flip out or lose it, just took care of all the 'errors'.

Closing was set for the 24th so long ago ... and now it's just next week!

We're packing and cleaning and throwing out junk ... we're still so nervous that something is going to happen prior to closing.

Send all the closing pixie dust you can ... I don't want all this packing to be in vain!

SBETigg
09-18-2007, 08:17 AM
:pixie: and best wishes for everything to work out, for easy packing, and for a happy move.

DizNee143
09-18-2007, 08:31 AM
pixie dust on the way!!
im sure everything will be fine..:mickey:

:pixie::pixie::pixie:

RedSoxFan
09-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Best wishes for a hassle-free closing.:)

Dsnygirl
09-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Sending loads more :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: that everything will go smoothly... you're almost there!! Yeah!! :thumbsup:

iheartmickey
09-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Well one thing we were kind of worried about was that we didn't have anyone to supervise the movers as we both have to go to both of the closings. Our family that lives near by is all going out of town Sat. :(

My mom called last night to tell me she could get a great airfare to come out Sat through Tues!!! I'm so relieved!!! Plus I haven't seen my mom since Christmas! Man am I doing a happy dance now! YIPPIE!!! :D

Everything is starting to fall in to place ... keep that excellent pixie dust coming (it really does work!).

:thumbsup:

ETA: loan officer called right before my mom to tell me everything is finalized and ready to go for Monday!

DizNee143
09-19-2007, 08:44 AM
yay!!
5 more days and you wont have all this to worry about anymore!!
glad everything is continuing to go good for you!! :mickey:

princessgirls
09-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Congratulations!

I hope everything goes great on Monday Kristy.

Where is East Windsor? I live in Northern NJ.

We are closing on our new home on November 2I can't wait, as we sold our house and are currently staying with my Mom.

iheartmickey
09-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Congratulations!

I hope everything goes great on Monday Kristy.

Where is East Windsor? I live in Northern NJ.

We are closing on our new home on November 2I can't wait, as we sold our house and are currently staying with my Mom.

Thank you Julie!

East Windsor is near exit 8 on the Turnpike. I live like 2.5 miles from exit 8 ... so convienent!

Good luck with your closing ... are you still going to be in Wayne?

Where are you in your process?

It's so fun isn't it? :thedolls:

I'm just looking forward to the light at the end of the tunnel ... our trip in Oct. Hopefully we'll be settled in and ready to relax by then!

princessgirls
09-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Thank you Julie!

East Windsor is near exit 8 on the Turnpike. I live like 2.5 miles from exit 8 ... so convienent!

Good luck with your closing ... are you still going to be in Wayne?

Where are you in your process?

It's so fun isn't it? :thedolls:

I'm just looking forward to the light at the end of the tunnel ... our trip in Oct. Hopefully we'll be settled in and ready to relax by then!

Hi Kristy,

We sold our house in Haledon. It took 7 months, but we finally got a buyer and got out. We found a house in Wayne, my hometown and an excellent town to raise kids. The sellers are relocating to North Carolina and are waiting on their house to be built. It was suppose to be done in mid-october, but now we are forcing them to close on November 2, as our mortgage commitment is up. Also, I've been ready to move since August. My mom's house is in Wayne too. Luckily, she had her entire upstairs free, so we basically took it over. However, most of our stuff is in storage. This will be it for us. We are done having kids, and the house is perfect for our family.
I travel the turnpike once a year to go to the Pennsylvania turnpike for my annual girls shopping trip in Pennsylvania. I think I'm exit 16 or something like that.
Kristy, I wish you much happiness in your new home. It is very exciting.
Enjoy!
Julie

iheartmickey
09-21-2007, 10:02 AM
HOME STRETCH!!!!! :D

OK, closings ... sale is at 11 am and purchase is at 1. Man are we gonna be busy (I hope!) on Monday.

Our house is a disaster ... quite different from when I first started posting, and how clean I was having to keep it. There are literally boxes EVERYWHERE!!! :blush:

Thank you everyone for the kind words of encouragment and all the pixie dust. Mom flies in tomorrow so some pixie dust for that and continued postive thoughts for the closings on Monday.

:thumbsup:

DizNee143
09-25-2007, 09:31 AM
sooo..how did it all go?? :mickey:

iheartmickey
09-25-2007, 07:45 PM
sooo..how did it all go?? :mickey:

Wellllll .........

we were homeless for a few hours! LOL! Closing went a little rough. The sale on our house was delayed a few hours and their money wasn't transfered on time. THEN we got to our closing (with no money from the first) and our papers from our mortgage company never arrived! They didn't do the wire transfer on time either! :thedolls: All our belongings were sitting on a moving truck for 5 hours (while we paid the movers overtime) waiting for the ok to start moving in! They finally got started around 5 pm.

It all worked out though and we are in our house ... if you can call it that! LOL! We have boxes everywhere!!

Thank you for checking up on us ... I'm finally getting on the internet for the first time since we got in. Comcast was able to come today ... not until 6 pm though! :ack:

I'll take some pictures to show you all our awesome new house (as soon as some of the boxes are put away)! :D

Dsnygirl
09-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah!!! :congrats::congrats: tha't's awesome that it's all done and you're in... can't wait to see some pictures!! :thumbsup:

DizNee143
09-26-2007, 09:40 AM
yay!!..
sorry it went a little crazy for a little while but all is good in the end!!!
congrats on the new home!!
cant wait to see pics!! :mickey: