PDA

View Full Version : Florida Everglades

caryrae
08-07-2007, 04:43 PM
We are going to Key West for a few days then driving up to Fort Meyers next year. We are stopping at the Florida Everglades, we have never been there and was wondering if anybody has some any ideas of fun places to do and visit there. We want to do an airboat ride. Is there a place in the park to walk trails and stuff?

DisneyDog
08-13-2007, 04:51 PM
I used to live in Naples, and I recommend Wooten's for airboat rides. We had a blast with them, and saw tons of gators. They are in a shack just off of 41 in Everglades City. Bring some earplugs, though. Airboats are LOUD.

RAIDER
08-14-2007, 04:01 AM
If you drive through alligator alley there are quite a few signs for various airboat rides and gator places .... The last time i was there i stopped off at a place called Captain Jacks and they had a choice of a large airboat which carried over 10 people or a smaller one which carried about 6 ....
Go for the one that carries 6 ..Its far better :thumbsup:

caryrae
08-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Thanks guys, there must be just tons of places to take an airboat ride.

Do any of you know if there is a place inside the Everglades park to walk trails or a boardwalk path of some type?

DisneyDog
08-21-2007, 03:43 PM
The only place I know of that I would ever consider safe is corkscrew swamp in Collier County (their website says Naples, but I think it's closer to Immokalee). It's very nice and pretty there, run by the Audubon Society. I wouldn't just walk around in the Everglades. It's very buggy and there really are a lot of gators and even panthers.