PDA

View Full Version : Best Snacks

Goofy Pluto
08-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi everyone.

OK, I'm a bit of a snack fiend. I'm excited about the snack credit on the DDP and trying a bunch of new, delicious things. I'm especially into sweets. I'm hoping I get to try an Dole Whip FINALLY and the Toll House Ice Cream sandwich. But I'm wondering if there are other things I'm not considering...

SO, everyone, what are the best treats/snacks you can recommend. Can be anywhere in the World. Thanks!

disneyfan328
08-07-2007, 04:53 PM
I personally am looking forward to trying Figaro Fries at Pinocchios in MK - goofy's candy company has some rather interesting snacks
they have apples, rather large oreos, marshmallows, pretzel rods or crispy cereal treats( you know the ones I mean not sure if I can get in trouble for calling it the real name)

you get to dip them in something drizzle them with something and dunk them in something
( ie dip in white chocolate, drizzle with caramel and dunk in crushed nuts there are tons of combinations. they have several kinds of chocolate and all kinds of things from jimmies to nuts, to candy pieces they look soooo yummy. I will see if I can find the thread, but there is an Unofficial Snack guide for the DDP on here somewhere that I printed off. good luck and enjoy. I am looking forward to a dole whip too!!

goofiecrazy
08-07-2007, 05:09 PM
If u like carrot cake the bakery at the boardwalk has some really good carrot cake.Its so good.Or the glazed pretzel from the bakery in Norway in Epcot is good.It has raisins in it though and i am not a big raisin person but those are the 2 sweet things I get every trip.

disneygal01
08-07-2007, 05:25 PM
I have to agree with goofiecrazy, I love the Boardwalk Bakery, their eclaires are the best I have ever had. They have some of the best desserts one could ever dream to have. While on our honeymoon a month and a half ago, my husband and I saved up our extra snacks and we went down to the bakery and brought home some of the heavenly treats it was great:secret: I hope that this helps out with your choices:mickey:

cinderellangel
08-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Hey there Goofy Pluto!!! I, my self, will be travelling down to Disney this week and have my heart set on getting this sweet treat and I recommend this to you, The Premimum Mickey Ice Cream Bar. It is vanilla ice cream, shaped like Mickey Mouse's ears covered with dark chocolate. It is soooooooooo yumm-able a(another word for yummy)!!!! And it's not that bad, price-wise, it's like $2.50. I hope you enjoy it!! God bless and happy Mickey!!

Cathy S
08-07-2007, 05:49 PM
We had the best breakfast at the Fountainview Bakery in Epoct on our last trip. My DSis had a wonderfully large and flaky cheese danish and I had an orange creme brulee. Crem brulee for breakfast -- perfect!!! We sat outside and watched the fountains dance, the people walk and it was a great magical moment. Yes, creme brulee for breakfast!:number1:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Churros! And pretty much anything at the French bakery in Epcot.
My youngest sis loves the chocolate chip cookies.

dolphinmickey9170
08-07-2007, 09:29 PM
DH and I love the frozen bananas!!:cloud9:

3 more days.

EvilQueen2006
08-07-2007, 10:22 PM
schoolbread in Norway! perfect with a viking coffee. Although in 90+ degree weather, maybe coffee isn't such a good idea. Oh well, just take it over to Mexico and have it with a :marg:. :thumbsup: Other yummy snacks; croissants at Everything Pop, Dole Floats, Mickey shaped rice Krispie treats and Turkey Legs (cost more than a snack credit, and are really like a meal in themselves.)

jsw123
08-07-2007, 11:03 PM
We were there 2 weeks ago. I was starving at 9:30 at MGM. We went into the bakery by the Brown Derby and there were tons of choices! There was no wait to get a GIGANTIC rice krispie treat, so that's what I got. It was COLD and SO GOOD!!! Needless to say, the rest of my party helped me devour the enormous treat in no time! Couldn't go wrong there!:cloud9:

January-2007
08-08-2007, 10:58 AM
I really like the frozen lemonade in MGM and DH loves the fresh popcorn and tye dyed cheesecake.

wonderalice23
08-09-2007, 11:07 AM
This is by far my favorite snack...peanut brittle from the MK! Also, the lefse in Norway is yummy too, and my sister and I still say that the best french fries in the whole world exist at WDW!

Polynesian Dweller
08-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Another vote for Mickey's Premium bar but also the lemon ice and gelato at Italy. The Premium bar is like no other ice cream treat I can find outside of the World. Its chocolate and ice cream are incomparable.

The lemon ice is the most delicious cooling snack in Epcot and the gelato is a close second.:eat:

Crow
08-09-2007, 01:05 PM
schoolbread in Norway! perfect with a viking coffee. Although in 90+ degree weather, maybe coffee isn't such a good idea. Oh well, just take it over to Mexico and have it with a :marg:. :thumbsup: Other yummy snacks; croissants at Everything Pop, Dole Floats, Mickey shaped rice Krispie treats and Turkey Legs (cost more than a snack credit, and are really like a meal in themselves.)
I 2nd the schoolbread w Viking Coffee:thumbsup: if its too hot theres always the slushies now in China. (too bad they dont count as snacks)

Goofy Pluto
08-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks for all the replies! This is wonderful. So many good things I'm going to have to try.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

bcornette
08-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Does anyone know where exactly the unifical snack guide is located? It was mentioned earlier and I can not find it.

thanks

murphy1
08-10-2007, 03:47 PM
I love French bakery items, Dole Whips, Ice Cream, school bread, milkshakes at MGM at MInn and Bill's Dockside diner (they have really good ones) also some of the items at Main Street Bakery.

Jason (Figment) compiled the list, it's at the top of this forum in sticky, here is the link you want:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180

bcornette
08-10-2007, 04:00 PM
thanks for the link. I was searching other portions on interct and not in the forums.

AvonleaCF
08-10-2007, 04:32 PM
I haven't used the plan yet, but on my next trip I want to get the following:

-Mikey premium ice cream bar
-Pineapple & vanilla swirl Dole Whip
-Honey glazed nuts
-Sweet cream cheese pretzel
-Something from the Norway bakery
-Something from the France bakery

I can see myself gaining 10 pounds while I'm down there. :scale:

Mickey07
08-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Hi everyone.

OK, I'm a bit of a snack fiend. I'm excited about the snack credit on the DDP and trying a bunch of new, delicious things. I'm especially into sweets. I'm hoping I get to try an Dole Whip FINALLY and the Toll House Ice Cream sandwich. But I'm wondering if there are other things I'm not considering...

SO, everyone, what are the best treats/snacks you can recommend. Can be anywhere in the World. Thanks!

the Toll House Ice Cream snadwhiches are the best snacks at WDW :thumbsup:

ShanPooh
08-10-2007, 04:39 PM
I can see myself gaining 10 pounds while I'm down there. :scale:

BTDT :blush:

I have to recommend the cinnamon yummy at Boardwalk Bakery!
We got back from our last trip to WDW and DH lamented that we didn't make it to the Bakery. So we are going to have to make a special trip over to the Boardwalk just to have breakfast! :rotfl:

dog-ears
08-10-2007, 05:20 PM
LOL, Honestly, I had to quit reading this thread about halfway through - it's too close to dinner time here and my mouth is watering! :eat:

septembergirl
08-10-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm hoping I get to try an Dole Whip FINALLY and the Toll House Ice Cream sandwich. But I'm wondering if there are other things I'm not considering...

I am also excited about trying both of these exact items! I am also looking forward to trying somethings called "sticky beavers" at Epcot and Zebra Domes at AK!

The Bookseller
08-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Churros all the way. They are the official taste of WDW for me!

septembergirl
08-10-2007, 05:33 PM
LOL, Honestly, I had to quit reading this thread about halfway through - it's too close to dinner time here and my mouth is watering! :eat:

You're right. This is just plain wrong.:shake:

robyn221
08-10-2007, 05:54 PM
II can see myself gaining 10 pounds while I'm down there. :scale:

I think I gained 5 pounds just reading the list! I don't even want to think about what's going to happen when I'm actually there! :mickey:

Robyn

Natazu
08-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Jym’s Top-7 Best Snacks at WDW:
7. Fresh Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich (Main Street Bakery)
6. Frozen Strawberry Minnie Bar (ice cream carts)
5. Zebra Domes (Boma, The Mara)
4. Fruit Crepe (France)
3. BBQ Pork Steamed Bun (Herbie’s Drive-In)
2. Selmas White Chocolate Chip & Raspberry Cookie (Goofy’s Candy Co.)
1. Cream Cheese Pretzels (The Lunching Pad)

Jessnick
08-10-2007, 10:34 PM
I vote for the Toll House cookie sandwich!! They are the best.

jszczur5
08-11-2007, 12:07 AM

What is "schoolbread", please and thank you?

disneynarula
08-11-2007, 10:27 PM
What is "schoolbread", please and thank you?

It is a sweetbread filled with custard and topped with a icing glaze and coconut. So So yummy.

Natazu
08-12-2007, 04:07 AM
It is a sweetbread filled with custard and topped with a icing glaze and coconut. So So yummy.

Um, just to clarify. It's a sweet bread, not sweetbreads. :thumbsup:

jszczur5
08-12-2007, 06:24 PM

Big difference - hee hee!

mulderxcoltrane
08-13-2007, 01:52 AM
Jym’s Top-7 Best Snacks at WDW:
7. Fresh Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich (Main Street Bakery)
6. Frozen Strawberry Minnie Bar (ice cream carts)
5. Zebra Domes (Boma, The Mara)
4. Fruit Crepe (France)
3. BBQ Pork Steamed Bun (Herbie’s Drive-In)
2. Selmas White Chocolate Chip & Raspberry Cookie (Goofy’s Candy Co.)
1. Cream Cheese Pretzels (The Lunching Pad)

What is a BBQ Pork Steamed Bun?

I am looking forward to having my first Dole Whip in December!

Natazu
08-13-2007, 04:20 AM
What is a BBQ Pork Steamed Bun?

I am looking forward to having my first Dole Whip in December!

It's a copy of the Cha Shao Bao you can get in Chinese Dim Sum restaurants. It's a dense pastry puff filled with pork bbq. They're quite good.

Goofy Pluto
08-13-2007, 10:16 AM
OK, someone above asked the question about what is schoolbread, but what are the following?: Cinnamon Yummy, Zebra Dome, and Sticky Beaver?

like2workout
08-13-2007, 11:06 AM
does anyone remember the hunchback bars that came out around the time the movie the hunchback of notre dame came out? they were vanilla ice cream on a stick, surrounded by caramel, surrounded by chocolate with some nuts in the chocolate. they were in the shape of the hunchback and they were GREAT!!!

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-17-2007, 09:02 PM
What about McDonald chicken nuggets at the Refreshment port. Are they still included as a snack credit? This would be great - lunch for the kids with just a snack credit.

Crow
08-17-2007, 10:12 PM

i plan on getting it again in Sept....mayb w some viking coffee:number1:

septembergirl
08-18-2007, 04:46 PM
OK, someone above asked the question about what is schoolbread, but what are the following?: Cinnamon Yummy, Zebra Dome, and Sticky Beaver?

I have never tried any of these but I am the one that mentioned the Sticky Beaver because I read about it in the Unofficial Guide. Apparently, it is some kind of cinnamon, gooey, nutty treat that you can get near the Canada Pavillion in the WS. Theyraved about this in the Guide so I have it on my list of Must Trys.
Also on my list are the Zebra Domes which you can find a photo of in Info Central under Dining. They are served at a couple of the AKL restaurants.

locodemickey
08-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Caramel apple with nuts on Main St. :number1:

snifflesmcg
08-19-2007, 06:03 PM

I was thinking the SAME thing. Especially after reading that thread about the most disgusting thing you have ever eaten. What a terrible manipulation of words.

Mommy2boys
08-19-2007, 07:55 PM
This list is making me drool..

LandFan
08-20-2007, 07:03 PM
I have never tried any of these but I am the one that mentioned the Sticky Beaver because I read about it in the Unofficial Guide. Apparently, it is some kind of cinnamon, gooey, nutty treat that you can get near the Canada Pavillion in the WS. Theyraved about this in the Guide so I have it on my list of Must Trys.

Weren't the Beaver Tails at Trapper Bob's stand near Canada? I think that is gone now unless they've re-opened it. I haven't seen it the past couple of years...

brownie
08-20-2007, 11:13 PM
My favorite is the Mickey rice krispy treats with the ears dipped in chocolate, which were available at the resorts in the past. They had a box set at Disneyland labelled for WDW, too, but they weren't as good as the ones at the resorts.

I think the best treat value is the soft pretzels in Germany at World Showcase in Epcot. $3 for a big soft pretzel which is much better and bigger than the ones the mall shops usually offer.

Jared
08-21-2007, 12:01 AM
Definitely try the Toll House sandwich. They are big enough for three or four people to share and are absolutely delicious.