PDA

View Full Version : BEST counter service meals ?? (more bang for the buck)

Sunshine1010
08-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Some CS restaurants (including the ones from the resorts) offer HUGE portions for their CS meals.

For example: the CBR has a huge pork tenderloin dinner with vege and mashed potatoe CS dinner (including drink and dessert) and it was WONDERFUL.

If I compare that to the chicken sandwich I can get other places.....well, I'd rather have the 'nice' meal.

Soooooo....my question is this: Which places offer the BEST CS meals?

dolphinmickey9170
08-07-2007, 03:49 PM
I think there are two.

1. Flame tree at AK serves a killer BBQ and it is way more than I can eat.

2. Cosmic Rays at MK serves a wrap that is so filling and delicious with a side and beverage and dessert. Very fulfilling meal.

3 days!!

ElenitaB
08-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Two meals that I've seen that offer a "big bang for the buck" are the chicken and rib combo (w/mashed potatoes and veggies) at Cosmic Ray's in the MK or any of the shawarma platters (your choice of roasted meat served with hummus, tabbouleh and really yummy couscous and pita) at the Tangierine Cafe (Morocco) in Epcot's World Showcase. I can vouch for the shawarma platter... it was delicious and definitely enough for two.

Marker
08-07-2007, 10:31 PM
I am a fan of Cantina de San Angel, in the Mexico pavilian of Epcot's World Showcase. I have had some EXCELLENT meals there.

Sunshine1010
08-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the answers so far.

Yes, I think the ones that come to my head are:
1. CBR - meat, mashed potatoes, vege, drink, dessert
2. Cosmic Ray's - rib/chicken, mashed potatoes, vege, drink and dessert
3. Flame Tree - the BBQ plate - BBQ, corn on the cob, another side, dessert, drink
4. the chinese plate from the chinese pavilion, drink and dessert
5. Wolfgang Puck at DTD - rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, drink and dessert
....etc., etc.....
6. Tusker House (but it doesn't matter since it's closing)
7. The plate lunch at Morroco

List the big counter services you like......

jsw123
08-07-2007, 10:56 PM
My favorite CS meal that we had was at Sunshine Seasonfair at Epcot. Maybe not the biggest, but certainly the best quality. My husband had roasted chicken and steamed veggies. I had a very nice deli sandwich on a crisp bread. My DD had a build your own deli sandwich with carrot sticks and grapes. For lunch, it was the healthiest we ate the entire trip --- and it felt good after the burgers and pizza served at MK!

Also -- Flame Tree at AK was good (great seating by the water). The ABC Commisary at MGM at least had some interesting choices (chicken curry, cuban sandwiches, veggie noodle stir fry) if just moderately executed!

Overall, the CS food was better than expected! Disney seems to do most things really well!:mickey:

TexasPrincessAurora
08-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Our favorites...

Cantina de San Angel...you get so much food and it is all delicious.

Flame Tree...good bbq and lots of it.

Wolfgang Puck's...excellent and unique, hot and fresh, great service.

Earl of Sandwich...try the wraps, they are addictive.

Crow
08-07-2007, 11:04 PM
on my last trip Cookes at DD/PI right by Raglan Rd was great!
Lotus Blossom in Epcot WS wasnt bad also

disneyfanforever
08-09-2007, 03:24 PM
El Pirata y el Perico we were very pleased with! And there's a topping bar! You can totally fill up on your veggies :) Also we rode the monorail to the Polynesian resort and loved the CS restaurant they have there. Captain Cooks, they're stir fry was delicious!!! and lots of it! if you order without the chicken it was only 4.99. They also serve dole-whips there and you get to serve your self. They even gave us free refills on the dole whips. GOOD DEAL!