PDA

View Full Version : Possibly our last "Family" vacation Entry One

JRocker
08-07-2007, 03:33 PM
My oldest daughter heads off to college (she is actually moving into her dorm tomorrow), and the next daughter is a senior is high school this year (she wants to work for WDW next summer). With all the plans they have for their futures, this vacation has all the ingredients for our last vacation together.

Because of time restraints from the various activities we had to fly out to LA instead of our favorite method of vacation...camping.

Our day of arrival was spent exploring the Hollywood area.... It was fun finding all the spots that are mocked up at MGM Studios in Florida. But overall, the area around Kodak Theatre and such is um...how do you say....nasty.

Our hotel for the trip was a Travelodge over near the parking garage for Disneyland. It was about a 20 minute walk to the parks, which is no big deal for us.

I'll toss in entry two a little later today...our first full day was full of first impressions of Disneyland.

Melanie
08-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Looking forward to reading about your adventures. :balloon:

disneydrmr
08-08-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm also looking forward to reading your reports... hope that many happy memories were made for your family!

terri.m
08-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Can't wait to read more. I know what you mean about the Hollywood area, we drove thru once and I really didn't want to get out of the car!

TINKERBELL_82
08-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Looking forward to the rest of your reports!! Funny, everytime they show the theater on TV it looks so pristine...:mickey:

BronxTigger
08-09-2007, 08:56 AM
I know how you feel about the last family trip. It won't be the last though. We thought the same thing when I left for college, but we went in December of my freshman year to WDW (2000), and then we went again in June of 2005 after my brother graduated from HS. We just flew in and met there from different parts of the country.

I'm off to read more!

Lizzie
08-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Looking forward to reading your reports.

ChipnDaleGal
08-23-2007, 11:28 AM
My daughter is a high school junior, so I can sympathize with the changes your family is going through, as I know they are staring me in the face soon as well. I hope this trip had a lot of very special moments that you will all treasure. I am looking forward to reading more. Disneyland should be the perfect setting for such a special trip. :mickey: