PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi Drive & highchairs

DisneyGrrrl
08-07-2007, 03:02 PM
We just made ADR's for Sci-Fi on December 22 and realized that we have NO idea how they accomodate a baby (13 months) in that type of setting. We have eaten there many times (annual passholders who go monthly) but never with our little one. Where do they put the high chair? Should we skip it and wait until she's older? We thought she would enjoy watching the movies. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-07-2007, 03:23 PM
The just put the high chair next to the opening of the car you are sitting in. This is what we did in May while having lunch there. Since the waitstaff go up a down between the cars on the "Closed" side, it won't be a problem. Enjoy!

ILoveLegos
08-07-2007, 03:29 PM
I've been to Sci-Fi a few times but never with a baby or a child, but I can venture a few guesses - then someone with a real experience can offer more clues.
1. Not all of the seating in Sci-Fi is in a "car" in fact there are tables along the outer walls of the resturant. If Sci-fi has high chairs to offer guests, I imagine they would be of most use at these perimeter tables.
2. You could hold your baby on your lap as you eat. (It is not a moving car after all and there are no seat belts) - wink!
3. Baby might enjoy sitting on his/her own in the car next to you like a "big kid" and that could be advantageous because maybe they would not see the giant killer tomatos or the Amazon women from mars or the THEM giant insects from outer space! Those previews are loud and intimidating to some small kids. Although they can be very comical to us adults who can see the fakeness, the dark and the scary music might scare the willies out of a small child. :unsure: Of course every kid is different.
Any way, hope my "three cents" helps you to decide if this restaurant will work for you and you baby or not.