PDA

View Full Version : First Day at Wilderness Lodge

purplestarlisa
08-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi there,

My honeymoon starts on 11-12-07 and we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. We will arrive around 1:30 via Magical Express. Any ideas of what we should do when we first arrive? I am planning on not having access to the room yet. Also, where should we have our first meal?

This site has helped me so much in my planning and I am looking forward to hearing your suggestions for our first day at WDW!

Lisa

KylesMom
08-07-2007, 03:34 PM
If you are not interested in venturing to the parks your first day, you may want to bring your swim suits in carry-on luggage and take a dip in the pool & hang out in the hot tub. :thumbsup:

I think a nice romantic dinner at Artist Point would be fabulous for the two of you to kick off your honeymoon. It's right on property!

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! :mickey:

Grace
08-07-2007, 04:03 PM
:mickey: Congrats! By all means, start off by exploring this resort- there's lots to see. The lobby is impressive, the guyser, the lakefront beach, the pool and stream for starters. You could also enjoy a drink at the pool bar. Don't forget to stroll over to the Villas; the common rooms there are also spectacular, and one contains cars from Walt's Carolwood railroad. There you will also see the quiet pool and spa, and the workout rooms. The sidewalks have been "walked-on" by various northwoods animals, like bear, deer, moose, and etc- you can see their footprints.

After you have done all this, your room will be ready, and you can dress for dinner at Artist's Point!

TikiGoddess
08-07-2007, 06:25 PM
I agree with the pool idea (think taking a dip... sitting in the sun with fruity drinks...). Artist Point sounds like the perfect place for a romantic dinner too.

If you'd like to try something outside the WL, take the boat over to the Contemporary. Hop on the monorail and do a tour of the resorts. Or why not head straight over to the parks? Go to the MK and do your favorite ride!

Have a great time!
TikiG

AllDisney
08-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Artist Point would be perfect the first night you are there for dinner.

I think an afternoon swim would be lovely after a little exploring around the resort. It's just beautiful.

Have a wonderful time !

garymacd
08-07-2007, 08:50 PM
These are all great ideas. Especially dinner at Artist's Point. Remember that there is a dress code for this restaurant, and your bags might be a few hours behind you. So wear something nice on the plane - not jeans and a swim suit, nothing ripped - so that you are ready to go. And by all means, take your swim suits in your carry-on bags and just relax by the pool. You will probably be exhausted after all the excitement of the wedding and reception and...well, everything!:blush:

TheRustyScupper
08-08-2007, 04:34 PM
1) Since it is a honeymoon, I can think of one thing.
2) Now, once that is over, there are other activities at the resort.
. . . hike to Fort Wilderness along the trail
. . . rent a boat at the marina
. . . go back to the room, again
. . . enjoy the pool
. . . go to Fort Wilderness at night for the campfire
. . . visit the Iron Spike Room (actual Walt train cars)
. . . relax in the HUGE lobby and people-watch

DisneyDudet
08-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Oh Scupper... why do we think alike so much?

haha

I'm thinking that your room could be ready, you just won't have all your luggage with you.

I would have an early dinner at a nice restaurant. Artist Pointe is the closest, but there's plenty of other choices along the monorail route.

I would end the night heading over to Poly and grab a couple towels and a sweater, sit on the beach, and watch Wishes that night, cuddled up to your sweetie.

nu2mousehouse
08-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Artist Point is a wonderful restaurant. May I suggest you also look at Victoria and Albert's in the Grand Floridian for a special dining experience during your stay. formal dress is required, but it is quite a nice and romantic experience.

DisneyDudet
08-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Artist Point is a wonderful restaurant. May I suggest you also look at Victoria and Albert's in the Grand Floridian for a special dining experience during your stay. formal dress is required, but it is quite a nice and romantic experience.

You need to remember that if you want any of these dining options, that you must call and make ADR's as soon as you know, or they'll be completely booked up!

Maleficent's Dad
08-09-2007, 08:57 AM
First off, Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! :mickey:

1) Since it is a honeymoon, I can think of one thing.
2) Now, once that is over, there are other activities at the resort.
. . .
:rotfl: :funny: :rotfl:

Goofster
08-09-2007, 10:23 AM
I agree wit the above posts. Enjoy the pool and explore the resort. Afterwards, enjoy dinner at Artist's Point. You'll quickly get swept up into going back and forth between the parks. This way you can really take in the WL on the 1st day and see why so many of us love it! :thumbsup: