PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating Anniversary's and Birthdays in Disney

Figgyluv03
08-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Sorry if I post this in the wrong section, but DBf and I decided last night that we are going the end of next October due to DBf's work schedule and us trying to save for the trip. Our 5 year anniversary is in the middle of July, his birthday is the end of July and my birthday is the beginning of September. Do you think that Disney would still honor our celebrations even though the week we are going isn't the exact days. We are giving up birthday presents for the next year and going light on Christmas, so we can use that money towards the trip.

emerzmom
08-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Happy Birthday!
I have been to WDW many times celebrating birthdays. We always make sure to go to the City Hall at Magic Kingdom to pick up a "Birthday" button. They have never asked to see proof that it was actually the person's birthday.
I hope that helps.

TammiMcMan
08-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Do you think that Disney would still honor our celebrations even though the week we are going isn't the exact days.Not sure what you mean by honoring your celebration. Don't worry, they won't ask for a birth certificate or proof of the date that your boyfriend first asked you out ;).

That being said, there's really no guarantee that Disney will recognize your special occassions at all. I've heard some great stories about guests receiving all kinds of magical moments, but there are just as many that don't get anything. If you're comfortable with the difference in dates, then that's fine, ask them to make note of it on your room and dining reservations. There are lots of romantic things that you can setup on your own as well, like a carriage ride, fireworks cruise or floral arrangements.

BigBaloo
08-07-2007, 04:16 PM
My wife & I celebrated our 10 year anniversary at the Biergarten :beer: & the band congratulated us & the waitress brought us a cake. It was very nice & our kids loved it.

SignguyTom
08-07-2007, 07:10 PM
My wife & I will be celebrating our 15th Anniversary during our trip next May. We plan to steal away from the rest of our group in the early evening, get dinner at the Coral Reef and maybe catch a carriage ride along the Boardwalk. Or maybe just sneak back to the room...:secret: :blush:

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-07-2007, 09:07 PM
We were there last December for my wife's **th birthday. We got her "birthday button" at City Hall and all day CMs and other guests said "happy birthday" to her.
When we went to dinner at the Biergarten our server noticed the button and at the end of the show my wife was given a birthday card signed by the band and a very nicely decorated gingerbread cookie.

Later we went to Ghirardelli's for ice cream and the CM there saw the button and gave us a discount on my wife's sundae.

We weren't expecting anything "special" so the little things that did happen were a pleasant addition to the "magic". :mickey:

tinksmom02
08-07-2007, 09:55 PM
I was wondering what the OP was wondering, as well. We're going in Sept, the trip is DD's birthday gift (she'll be 5 on Monday). I know there's a month difference, but there is no way she'll ever see Disney in August for her actual birthday (at least til she's 18 LOL). Does anyone ever "celebrate" later or earlier? Could I ask at Guest Relations for a brithday button in honor of her birthday trip? Is that frowned upon?

Figgyluv03
08-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Yeah, my ex-fiance and I celebrated our anniversary at CRT when he came down to visit me when I was working there. I must have mentioned something when I was making the ADR because they presented up with crystal flute glasses. I couldn't get ADR's for our actual anniversary, but it was only a day later.

DBf and I are going down three months after his birthday and our anniversary and almost two months after my birthday. I guess there really is no way of checking. I mention something to my travel agent and see what she says.

andreallybadeggs
08-08-2007, 09:10 AM
We've celebrated close-to-but-not-actual a couple of times and one time on the day exact. Have to say it was much more fun the year we got to do it on the real B'day but that can't happen often for us either. Seems to boil down to your own comfort level. If you can smile, say thanks, and not feel guilty if a Cast Member says "Happy Birthday" or brings you a treat then go for it. And of course, with the honesty of a child, they are likely to say "It's not really my birthday" so if that will embarrass you think twice! We just explained that the trip was our child's birthday gift and no one frowned at us.
Happy Birthday to your DD.:party: