PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace Qs?

FlaTinkRAMESAM
08-07-2007, 12:38 PM
We just got ADRs yest for our trip in mid Sept for Crystal Palace... I have never actually done any TS meals at Disney (sans Cinderella's castle back in the day when you could walk up the morning of and get a res for lunch!!!) so was wondering what everyone thought of it? I am just stoked to get a character res for this close out!

Also, we are going to be taking advantage of the EMH for MK that morning--what is the dress for CP? Can we go there (myself and my DD2) in our "park attire"?

THANKS!

conwayjohn71
08-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Yes in Park Attire

We like CP, the food is better than average and my kids love the pooh and friends

Tygger7
08-07-2007, 01:06 PM
While we're not fans of buffet-style meals, the Crystal Palace was still very good. They had a wide variety of foods, and the key lime pie was to die for. Character interaction was very good too. It's very casual so your park attire will be fine. Be sure you arrive at least 15 minutes before your reservation time!:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
08-07-2007, 01:39 PM
CP is one of our favorite places to dine with the characters (besides the ones in our party) at WDW. The restaurant itself is very pretty and airy; the food is very good in our opinion, and we've always had very nice CMs (including a true WDW jewel, Michael Todd). It is one of our "must visits" for every vacation and if we arrive mid-day, it's generally our first stop after checking into our hotel.

Enjoy!

pooh0601
08-07-2007, 02:23 PM
It's one of your top 3 favorite places for dinner. Never did the breakfast there, but I'm sure it is good just as well.

Park attire is usually what you see at almost every WDW restaurant, with the exception of a few(V&A, Narcoosee's, California Grill, Artist Point, etc.) But even with them you will occassionally see park attire at Narcoosee's, AP, and CG.

disneyfan328
08-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Only eaten there once but we still can't wait to eat there again in september. We had Bkfst there and are there in September whoo hooo can't wait. all of the bkfst stuff is standard fare, but it was yummy. My DD now 17 still talks about the pooh waffles and danish that she had there. I can't wait to eat there again. The Character interation was great too.

IloveDisney71
08-08-2007, 12:02 AM
We eat bfast on CP every trip. We love the buffet choices. The characters are awesome and you can wear park attire. Make sure you take your camera!:)

LoriMistress
08-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Personally, I think the Crystal Palace has some of the best breakfasts in the parks. Their food is very good! My DH is excited to eat there twice (and he's not a breakfast man.) Plus, he loves Eeyore.

Momof2boys
08-08-2007, 10:42 AM
This is all good to know - we also have our 1st ADR for Crystal Palace for breakfast this October. The boys (9 & 6) aren't too excited about the Pooh characters, but we wanted to try something different. I told them it was either Pooh or the princesses ;)

FlaTinkRAMESAM
08-08-2007, 07:36 PM
This is all good to know - we also have our 1st ADR for Crystal Palace for breakfast this October. The boys (9 & 6) aren't too excited about the Pooh characters, but we wanted to try something different. I told them it was either Pooh or the princesses ;)

That seriously made me laugh... I am so glad I had a little girl, because either would work and she would love them both!

I am really excited about her getting to eat breakfast with Pooh and friends...I am not going to tell her... so that will be fun!

mickey-mouse35
08-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Just had to tell a cute story. My sister just took my four-year-old niece to DW in May and surprised here with the breakfast at Crystal Palace because she loves Pooh so much. When they were waiting for their ADR, she was getting really anxious and kept pounding on the emergency exit door and saying, "Pooh--help--I can't get in to see you!" :pooh:

EmmMOM2
08-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Yes park attire.
You will love CP, my son had a blast, we love the pooh charectors and it's a wonderful setting and set up very nicely...not too loud either like chef mickey can always be.

septembergirl
08-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Just had to tell a cute story. My sister just took my four-year-old niece to DW in May and surprised here with the breakfast at Crystal Palace because she loves Pooh so much. When they were waiting for their ADR, she was getting really anxious and kept pounding on the emergency exit door and saying, "Pooh--help--I can't get in to see you!" :pooh:

That is adorable!:mickey:

Kairi_7378
08-13-2007, 06:12 PM
CP is one of our favorite places to dine with the characters (besides the ones in our party) at WDW.

:laughing: Had to giggle about this one. I sometimes think I'm the only one that dines with characters when I am in Philly and not Orlando.
I haven't eaten at CP but my cousins have and they rave about it, years later. (Including the picky eater.)

like2workout
08-15-2007, 04:12 PM
crystal palace is always a good meal and a fun meal! i highly recommend it!

kdsjjb
08-17-2007, 01:08 PM
We absolutely LOVE CP. We try to make it the last meal before leaving the World.

And to Momof 2boys - I am the dad of two boys(16 & 10) and a DD 13, and we all love CP including Pooh and friends.

5fromabove
08-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Crystal Palace is one of our very favorite places :cloud9: . When I started planning this trip I asked our kids if there was anywhere they wanted to eat at again that we did last time...or if we should try all new places. Crystal Palace was the ONLY place mentioned...and they all insisted on it. We had breakfast there, and are doing that again. The food is very good, the atmosphere is beautiful (and somehow rather quiet), the characters are very friendly. It is great. My DD-15 STILL talks about how "awesome" their food is (3 years later) and can't wait to fill up again. We had brunch (10am) there and were not hungry again until 8 pm. :D VERY delicious with tons of choices from fruit to fried dough.;) I'm excited about bringing my mom and brother with us this time, they are sure to love it too. GREAT CHOICE!!! ENJOY!!!! :thumbsup:

LoriMistress
08-17-2007, 04:59 PM

That's too adorable! Awww.....

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Yup, park attire. ;)

The Crystal Palace is our favorite character restaurant for breakfast. My sons even enjoy it. They were 9 and 6 last trip and still had a good time. :pooh::eeyore::piglet::tigger:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-17-2007, 10:02 PM

LOL. :D

My boys were the same ages on our trip last year and they actually enjoyed CP.

Now, tell your sons they should have some sympathy for my boys. We cannot do Free Dining anymore since we joined DVC and are not getting the dining plan.

SO....since our youngest is 3 and a Princess, Our only character meal is going to be with the Princesses at Akershus.

They are actually being great about it. Since they are 10 and 7 this year they told me that they are "too old" for eating with the characters. They said they want Taylor to have dinner with the Princesses. What good boys I have. :cloud9:

mrsHerbie53
08-25-2007, 11:39 PM
Last trip we had lunch at CP and we loved it. DS was 7 at the time. We are thinking of trying it for breakfast next trip and I am glad to see several of you really liked the breakfast buffet there.

JCDarzi
08-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Yes, make sure that you bring your camera. I don't know if it's the lighting, windows, or what but every year the best pictures we get of the entire family are at CP. My all-time favorite picture I have of me is Tigger trying to eat my food at CP about 8 years ago pre-kids.

Also, the character interaction is great. Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eyeore are wonderful and display their distinctive personalities so well.

08-26-2007, 11:38 PM
CP is a must for us every visit. We have eaten breakfast & dinner there. We just love the atmosphere of CP & the food is great.

Jared
08-27-2007, 12:40 AM
Besides Victoria & Albert's at the Grand Floridian, no Walt Disney World restaurants enforce a dress code. At most places, theme park attire is perfectly acceptable.

Crystal Palace is one of the best character meals around and is probably the best table service restaurant in the Magic Kingdom.

:tasty:

poohluva
08-28-2007, 11:13 AM
We went for the dinner buffet on our last trip, but I'm itching to make our reservations for breakfast for our next trip!! Hopefully I can get an early one so we can get into the park before it opens!!!

The kids loved seeing all characters almost as much as I did!!

:pooh::eeyore::piglet::tigger:

Samtastic
08-28-2007, 11:22 AM
No one is ever too old for character meals!

I'm making ADRs for CP breakfast, because my boyfriend loves breakfast and Pooh so there we go!

And since I heart snow white and the food looks pretty interesting we're doing dinner at Akerhaus (sp??)

And it's just us!

dolphinmickey9170
08-28-2007, 11:42 AM
We love CP. Here are some pix (http://family.webshots.com/album/558746007IfUtbD?start=84) showing our time there. There are a couple pages. Enjoy and have fun with the characters, don't forget your camera and your autograph books

septembergirl
08-28-2007, 01:12 PM

SO....since our youngest is 3 and a Princess, Our only character meal is going to be with the Princesses at Akershus.

They are actually being great about it. Since they are 10 and 7 this year they told me that they are "too old" for eating with the characters. They said they want Taylor to have dinner with the Princesses. What good boys I have. :cloud9:

My boys are 14, 12 and 9. At least 2 of them are also excited about seeing their little sister (who is also 3) dine with the princesses at Akershus! Personally, I am beside myself! :joy:

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-29-2007, 06:32 PM

My boys were the same ages on our trip last year and they actually enjoyed CP.

Now, tell your sons they should have some sympathy for my boys. We cannot do Free Dining anymore since we joined DVC and are not getting the dining plan.

Oh wow! Your boys are amazing! I hope they are getting to do something special just for being so understanding and so incredibly sweet. I hope my 2 boys will be that sweet when we get our little girl. They deserve a big HUG. :hug: