PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done the "pre-ordered photopass CD" thing?

Disneyatic
08-07-2007, 11:22 AM
I saw a link on another thread about photopasses that you can pre-buy the CD with all photopass pictures on it and save 20%.....
Has anyone done this? Had good luck with it?
It seems pretty simple but I am leary about pre-ordering anything :blush:

Feedback on this would be great!

dizneeat
08-07-2007, 01:20 PM
We just pre-ordered ours. It was pretty easy to do. The code was sent within a minute of ordering it. We have yet to use it, so I am not of great help with actually ordering the CD, but friends of mine did the pre-order thing and said it was very easy.
If I remember correctly they will even give you the money back if you do NOT use it.

Karin

mulderxcoltrane
08-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Does anyone have a link to this thread/info abotu this preorder?

Disneyatic
08-07-2007, 04:23 PM
I am not very savvy on posting links, so this is probably not done the right way! But below is the link that someone else posted on another discussion about photopass.
It takes you to the preordering website.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

robyn221
08-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the link! We're going in about 6 weeks and I'm seriously considering preordering the photo CD, but it is a bit pricey, even with the 20% discount. Do those who have preordered and used it think it's a good value?

Thanks!

Robyn:mickey:

Clotho
08-07-2007, 04:57 PM
The good news is, you can get a refund up to two weeks after returning from your vacation. So go ahead and pre-order and then change your mind later if you look at the pictures and decide they didn't turn out for you.

tinksmom02
08-07-2007, 10:06 PM
This sounds like a pretty good deal. Does anyone know, if you decide to get the photopass cd the traditional way, do they usually give discounts for it? I remember reading that someone was offered the CD for 40% off when they got home.

Would hate to get 20% ahead of time, to find out I could get 40% afterwards LOL

wdwnomad
08-07-2007, 10:16 PM
I think you also still have the option of purchasing it at the parks for $99. Towards the end of your visit you can go to a photopass location and view your pics there. You can decide whether or not to buy. I think only after you get back does the price go up to $120.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Has anybody had any problems with the photos on the CD i.e. not being of you and your family? Or have there been any mistakes that could have been taken care of while at the park but since you are home it is too late?

Other than the cost, is there any benefit to getting them to mail it vs. waiting for it there? We definitely want to do the editing that we did last time at Epcot.

Bzahlong
08-08-2007, 01:30 AM
We had over 200 images on our CD from February, and there was one of some random girl in front of POTC that we didn't know. I think she was right ahead of us, and they must've scanned our card instead of hers.

DisneyAndRedSox
08-08-2007, 01:10 PM
I am going to post another question on this thread since same topic...

I am not going until January, can I pre-order now and not use the code for almost 6 months? I like to pay for things ahead so I don't come home with a huge bill. Also, is this a limited time promotion or do they do the pre-order 20% discount all the time? I already got my parents on board to share the cost! Yippee!

TIA!

TheDuckRocks
08-09-2007, 02:46 PM
I am going to post another question on this thread since same topic...

I am not going until January, can I pre-order now and not use the code for almost 6 months? I like to pay for things ahead so I don't come home with a huge bill. Also, is this a limited time promotion or do they do the pre-order 20% discount all the time? I already got my parents on board to share the cost! Yippee!

TIA!

Does anyone have an answer to this? I'm also going in Jan. and would love to have it pre-paid well in advance.

Disneyatic
08-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Does anyone have an answer to this? I'm also going in Jan. and would love to have it pre-paid well in advance.

Have you checked out the link that is posted above? It has pretty specific information and I bet you could find the applicable time frames they allow.
I would check it out and see what you find!

Rosanne
08-09-2007, 04:03 PM
So when you get home you can do whatever you want with them? They won't give you a problem at the store?

Rosanne
08-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Oh and do I need to bring anything with me? I'm leaving on Sunday. :cloud9:

fairies*n*fireflies
08-09-2007, 05:56 PM
A friend of mine purchased hers last year and she said that she can print them out anywhere and also, if you consider the cost of purchasing 4 or 5 of the photopass website through the mail, you could almost spend the amount of the CD. But with the CD, you get 100's of pics. For me, I will definately purchase one when we go back.

mulderxcoltrane
08-10-2007, 12:02 AM
We bought this CD last year and it was great! While at the parks, we combined all of the Photopass cards from everyone in the group(we had 3 cards). When we got home, you have a certain number of days to check out the pictures and see if you like them. If you do, you can then order the CD(it was $100 last year). $100 seems like a lot, but by the time we picked out all the prints we wanted from the website, the price of the CD to get all of our pictures was much more reasonable. Once you get the CD, you can do anything you want with the pictures, including making prints.
Hope this helps!
This year, we are definitely going to pre-order and save 20%!!

SKB0731
08-10-2007, 04:40 AM
:cool:I am planning to go to Disney Sept 7 and also Oct 7. Do you think if I don't actually go online and claim the photos until Sept 20 that I could add more to the photo pass in Oct and then purchase it, instead of buying two photo passes?
It says you have thirty days from the time you claim your photos.