PDA

View Full Version : Bad News for Drummerboys October

drummerboy
08-07-2007, 11:11 AM
We've had to scratch the October trip. This has been the worst year our little two-man country law firm has had in a long time. The real estate market here came to a screeching halt about a year and a half ago (a large part of our practice has been real estate closings), just about the time DW had to have more back surgery, so we are having to cut back.

I'll look forward to the reports.

offwego
08-07-2007, 11:18 AM
We've had to scratch the October trip. This has been the worst year our little two-man country law firm has had in a long time. The real estate market here came to a screeching halt about a year and a half ago (a large part of our practice has been real estate closings), just about the time DW had to have more back surgery, so we are having to cut back.

I'll look forward to the reports.

Ken I'm so sorry to hear this...:(:(

Flower
08-07-2007, 11:21 AM
So sorry to hear that :cry:

Here's hoping the real estate market picks up :pixie:

faline
08-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Sorry your trip is off.

:pixie::pixie::pixie: Hope things pick up in your practice and your wife recovers well from her surgery!

pogo
08-07-2007, 11:56 AM
:hi: Ken,

Sorry to hear you won't be there either. :(

I know you must be disappointed as well as many Intercotee's will be knowing you won't be there. Bummer !:faint:

Remember....... in business it's best to diversify. :yes:

Here's some :pixie: for your DW that, 1)..... she gets her back in order, and 2)...... that she stays out of the drivers seat of the RV.:jaw: :D

alpro2
08-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Sorry about that Ken. I was really looking forward to hanging with ya. :(

ElenitaB
08-07-2007, 01:50 PM
We'll miss you but the most important thing is your DW's health. You must stop making her carry around all the drums!

drummerboy
08-07-2007, 04:24 PM
We'll miss you but the most important thing is your DW's health. You must stop making her carry around all the drums!
Well I do offer to carry her clarinet for her when she does. :D

Melanie
08-07-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this, Ken. :( Maybe the market will start looking up soon!

We'll have to enjoy the trip reports together, as I've had to scratch my trip as well.

Christine
08-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Oh, Ken...I'm sorry to hear this! Maybe you can provide some of your "divine intervention" and turn things around by then! :angel: :D

Truly, you'll be missed...I was so looking forward to meeting you. Keep us updated on the Mrs.!

And Mel- you're not going either? Shoot, I was looking forward to meeting you too!

Dsnygirl
08-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Ken, I am so sad!! :( I was truly looking forward to meeting you in October. I sure hope there will be some other time that we're all down there!! We'll be sure to make the reports as good as possible, with lots of pictures... (can you say blackmail?? :blush: )

Beast_fanatic
08-07-2007, 09:27 PM
:(

Katzateer
08-07-2007, 09:53 PM
No best legs competition this trip?:(

Sorry to hear both you and Mel won't be there, was looking forward to seeing both of you again.

disneydeb
08-07-2007, 10:01 PM
No Ken!:( No Mel! :( No Pogo! :(

Wait, I already knew there would be no Pogo!

I hope Mrs. Ken is feeling better and stronger soon. I'm going to miss seeing you all there. I understand though. I have also entertained the idea of using my money elsewhere, but my heart is outweighing my head.:blush:...I'm weak!

dlpmikki
08-08-2007, 02:28 AM
Sorry to hear this Ken. :pixie: for your business and your wife. We'll miss you (and mel!)

Piglet822
08-08-2007, 02:43 AM
Ken, I'm so sorry that you've had to cancel. I agree with Ellen, you just need to start carrying your own drums ;)

Here's some extra :pixie: to help things get back on track for you and the Mrs.

Mel, you're not going either? :( I was looking forward to seeing you again.

Ian
08-08-2007, 09:34 AM

I'll look forward to the reports.Well that stinks. I was really looking forward to getting to finally meet you in person, Ken.

Although trust me ... I totally understand the downturn in the housing and mortgage markets. Not a day goes by that I'm not affected by it myself.

ChipnDaleGal
08-11-2007, 11:03 AM
I am so sorry Ken. :( I hope your wife breezes through her surgery and feels better soon.

Mickey'sGirl
08-14-2007, 08:28 AM
I just saw this Ken! I am so sorry that you and your DW wont be making the trip -- I was really looking forward to meeting you. I hope that things turn around for your business -- and that your DW has a speedy recovery :pixie: .

(Mel -- I was looking forward to meeting you too! It will have to be another time.:mickey:)

MsMin
08-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Just noticed this post too!
:pixie: for your wife and hope your practice picks up soon. Sorry I won't get to meet you and the Mrs. @ the meet. :pixie:

mrsgaribaldi
08-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Sorry to hear that you won't be going. I was looking forward to meeting you:mickey:

Jasper
08-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Sorry to hear you have to miss the trip. I guess you and I can spend the time when everyone else is in Florida to do some major remodeling of their houses!!

I hope your wife's surgery goes well!! I have had 5 back surguries and am looking at possibly having another so I can certainly sympathize with her!!