PDA

View Full Version : I'm thankful for DVC

Roo Girl
08-07-2007, 10:12 AM
With all the talk of rate hikes and how much prices continue to go up, I'm so thankful we bought into DVC. We know what our rates will always be and we can choose to take on the additional point "cost" if we stay outside our home resort. Definitely a great financial choice for those of us that suffer from the WDW obsession! :number1:

Horizon93
08-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Great point!

mook3y
08-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Yep, just think what a good deal we will be getting by 2040.

:D

disneycouple2004
08-07-2007, 11:41 AM
:ditto::yay:

Yep, just think what a good deal we will be getting by 2040.

:D

MarkC
08-07-2007, 01:54 PM
If you figure the cost of a night at the one of the DVC resorts at $250/night and then figure about 4% inflation, by 2042 the cost per night will be around $1,000 per night. And what is our cost-- $0. Ok, I know there are maintenance fees, opportunity cost, etc. We pay our maintenance fees with our Disney rewards points, so hopefully either our kids or us will be using the motel and laughing all the way there and home. I can just picture someone saying "wow, what a great deal. We're only playing $800 per night for this place". I will probably spit out my Cherry Coke if that happens.

Joannelet
08-07-2007, 02:20 PM
I too am thankful about our DVC membership and that it will pay off with all these rate increases.
I do however have a question that I am hoping that someone knows on this site.
If you are a vacation club member and hear about a great deal like the free dining plan can you still be a DVC member and still get the FREE dining plan deal as well?
I know the dining plan is free if you booked by June 24th this year and plan to go before some date in September of this year. I just don't know if you could be a DVC member and book a trip through DVC and still get that offer.
This is for future reference of course since I missed the date of reservation for the free dining plan.

Roo Girl
08-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Short answer to Free dining- no. When the free dining was on last September, we as DVC members were not eligible for FREE dining (packages only, as far as I understood.) We were, however, eligible for the dining plan in the first place. Since we were staying at a WDW resort, we could add the dining plan prior to arrival.