PDA

View Full Version : Picture of SSE new vechile screens!

Jakk
08-07-2007, 04:46 AM
New image (http://www.thedisneyblog.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/06/00wdwupdate004.jpg) of SSE vechile screens! Credit goes to the Disneyblog.....

offero
08-07-2007, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the info.

p.s. I love your signature it gave me a good laugh

TINKERBELL_82
08-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Wow. Are these going in all of the vehicles?? (I just got a "Horizons" flashback)!

automation85
08-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Looks like a good match. From what I can tell, it looks like the vehicles were retrofitted with the screens, which means they are still using the same cars. I only hope that they did some track work to allow for a somewhat smoother and less jarring experience. :unsure:

gauvin4
08-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Can't wait to check it out in December!!

Polynesian Dweller
08-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Looks like a good match. From what I can tell, it looks like the vehicles were retrofitted with the screens, which means they are still using the same cars. I only hope that they did some track work to allow for a somewhat smoother and less jarring experience. :unsure:

A bit hard to tell, but it looks to me like the car head rests are a bit different (hopefully better padding). Agree, let's hope they fixed the track to make it smoother, it could really jolt your back at spots.

robyn221
08-07-2007, 08:51 AM
I only hope that they did some track work to allow for a somewhat smoother and less jarring experience. :unsure:

Me too!

Jakk -- thanks for the pic! Very intriguing! Unfortunately we'll be there in the middle of the rehab, but I am very curious to see how the changes to the ride vehicles will work in with the story.

Robyn:mickey:

magicman
08-07-2007, 09:44 AM
New image (http://www.thedisneyblog.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/06/00wdwupdate004.jpg) of SSE vechile screens! Credit goes to the Disneyblog.....

Thanks for the photo...good stuff.:thumbsup:

In some of your other posts, you eluded to changes coming to Journey Into Your Imagination. Any insight on when that might occur?

After fixing JIYI, I hope they'll focus on fixing Ellen's Universe of Energy. (I'm just messing with you because I know you have a different opinion on the Universe of Energy.;))

Jakk
08-07-2007, 03:56 PM
In some of your other posts, you eluded to changes coming to Journey Into Your Imagination. Any insight on when that might occur?

Right now I'm hearing the pavillion will close down when SSE rehab is over so I'm assuming December, or early 2008. All the work going in the pavillion should close it down for about a year or more because there doing a HUGE revamp of the whole pavillion. But right now like I said it should start December, early 2008 and open back up in 2009.

battlefield2freak
08-07-2007, 04:07 PM
would that pavilion be the body wars place? there has been some major work going on over there lately in preparations for this years food and wine festival. from what ive heard from another disney site like intercot it sounds like body wars was closing because they stated the DNA sculpture was being dismantled and all the electrical outlets was being taken out inside the building on the second floor.

Crow
08-07-2007, 06:45 PM
looking forward to it....but i dont know when i will see it since i will b there in Sept before it reopens

Jakk
08-07-2007, 09:52 PM
would that pavilion be the body wars place? there has been some major work going on over there lately in prepartion for this years food and wine festival. from what ive heard from another disney site like intercot it sounds like body wars was closing because they stated the DNA sculpture was being dismantled and allt he elctrical outlets was being taken out inside the building on the second floor.

No, I was talking about the Imagination Pavillion. The WoL pavillion will though hold the next E-ticket attraction for Future World but it's still in the bluesky stage. Disney right now wants to refurb everything (SSE, JII) and then they'll start focusing on what theme will take place in the WoL pavillion, and the next E-ticket attraction. Though World Showcase next E-tcket attraction is coming along quite nicely.

jjramsey
08-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Hopefully, the speakers will be higher in the headrest and the volume louder. I don't consider myself as tall (5'11"), but I my back covered enough of the speakers that you could not hear narration. When I would lean forward then it could be hard to hear.

battlefield2freak
08-08-2007, 11:48 AM
No, I was talking about the Imagination Pavillion. The WoL pavillion will though hold the next E-ticket attraction for Future World but it's still in the bluesky stage. Disney right now wants to refurb everything (SSE, JII) and then they'll start focusing on what theme will take place in the WoL pavillion, and the next E-ticket attraction. Though World Showcase next E-tcket attraction is coming along quite nicely.

ah ok i understand now. so it seems this will be the end for the WoL pavilion soon then? well i guess they could add something new and exciting and also innovative there because the WoL area is a prime location for re-development and can hold another potential success for epcot. ive never rode JIYI before to tell you the truth when we went the first time my mom and dad told me it was for little kids so we never rode and the rest of the times we went i would forget its there till i looked on our map after we left the park. im all for the Epcot renovating plan :) anything to improve the park is going on and so far it all sounds good.

DreamFinder2
08-09-2007, 01:32 AM
Here's a random pic (http://canid.com/pics/060329_029.jpg) I found of the ride's headrests before the ride was shut down...

...hard to tell if there's any difference or not.

firefan43
08-09-2007, 10:42 AM
i would much rather have some padding added than a screen. hehe.

automation85
08-09-2007, 08:39 PM
i would much rather have some padding added than a screen. hehe.

I don't know about you, but when there's padding, i think about all the sweaty people who put their heads on it before me. I mean, sometimes they're wet when I lean on them. Is this to say that pads in SSE would be different, i dunno. But I'd rather not find out on a hot florida sun.:sick:

Plus the screens will bring back a small part of the horizons we all miss.:old:

battlefield2freak
08-09-2007, 09:13 PM
i dont really mind about the padding. after growing up with six flags you really just get used to it. im sure if that would be such a problem for disney that they would use a special type of padding, i dont know if it exists or not, that absorbs liquid such as sweat which im sure the technology of today can create.

chrisb26
08-09-2007, 09:28 PM
The screens look pretty cool I can't wait to be able to try them out when I ride the ride. As far as the padding goes not sure I would want it on the head rest but maybe put it on the seat itself that would make it more comfortable to sit down on that ride I don't know about you but after sitting on the ride for a while it does start to get uncomfortable.

ArtDeco
08-10-2007, 01:16 AM
I don't know about you, but when there's padding, i think about all the sweaty people who put their heads on it before me. I mean, sometimes they're wet when I lean on them.

EWW! Smelly, sour Six Flags memories!!! Man that's gross.

battlefield2freak
08-10-2007, 08:56 AM
haha i guess everyone has there own memories from six flags. i never smell anything like that because my nose is either stuffed up or i just dont want to lean back and smell it. the only problem i have is seats being wet if its an outside ride. which is why i love disney so much its nearly all inside or at least my favorites are.i cant wait to try the screens out they look cool i wonder what kind of things you can do to plan your future with them.

mcjaco
08-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Here's a random pic (http://canid.com/pics/060329_029.jpg) I found of the ride's headrests before the ride was shut down...

...hard to tell if there's any difference or not.

They don't look any different to me. It looks like they just cut out a square and inserted the monitors, which would definitely be easier and cheaper than bringing in an entire new ride vehicle.

I think the problem with the speakers, is most of them are 25 years old, and worn out. The sound was certainly one of the things that needed the most TLC. Well, that and the fact you couldn't hear the soundtrack over the squeeking and creaking. :D

battlefield2freak
08-10-2007, 12:19 PM
i dont believe disney is going to be bringing in a entire new ride vehicle for SSE. they are just going to install the monitors inside the cars. thats all thats been reported on the cars so far, or from what ive read/heard on here.

poeticeclipse
08-10-2007, 12:50 PM
The new vehicles look awesome! I'm excited for the updated version. I love SSE so much. I just hope that they don't change it too much. Updates are great.... totally renovating it will freak me out.

They better leave all the same smells!! I love smelling Rome burning.

NYdaily
08-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Maybe I'm a little out of the loop here -- but what is going on those screens? Commercials for Siemens?

Jakk
08-11-2007, 01:27 AM
Maybe I'm a little out of the loop here -- but what is going on those screens? Commercials for Siemens?

Well SSE will now focus on technolgie from the past, to the present, and to the future. This is where you can choose your own ending (ala Herizons) of the future.

NYdaily
08-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Cool -- thanks for the info!

IloveDisney71
08-11-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm glad you asked that! I was wondering the same thing. :thumbsup:

TinkRocks
08-11-2007, 04:55 PM
I would imagine that the screens will involve some kind of 'interactive communication' (keeping with the theme of communication). It would be cool if we could interact with the audio animatronics... lol!

battlefield2freak
08-12-2007, 07:29 PM
the last thing i heard was they would allow you to choose how you see the world in the future.

ToraTory
08-14-2007, 11:10 PM
OK I don't mind looking stupid (I'm so good at it afterall) what the heck is SSE?

CrazyStitch
08-15-2007, 11:25 AM
OK I don't mind looking stupid (I'm so good at it afterall) what the heck is SSE?

SSE = Spaceship Earth, aka the Great Big Golf Ball :thumbsup::mickey: