PDA

View Full Version : Customized map, FREE!!!

teamblackwell
08-07-2007, 02:23 AM
Has anyone else made a customized map from wdw.com. I haven't seen anybody post about it. Its on the "my vacation" page. It sounds really cool, and free!!! 2-4 weeks for delivery. The pictures of it look nice, and the page says the map is keepsake quality.
See ya in the World (WDW),
teamblackwell

DreamFinder2
08-07-2007, 03:56 AM
I've not only heard about it...I ordered them already. I got them in the mail last week. They're great!!!

Really high quality maps...thick paper, great color graphics, etc. And customized with your NAME on the top!!!

I opted to included ALL of the attractions, etc. on ALL 4 maps...didn't want to leave anything out!!!

snifflesmcg
08-07-2007, 04:18 AM
I just customized mine two days ago so I'll get mine in a few weeks. I took out the places I will not be dining at and some of the things I know I won't be doing.

playdead88
08-07-2007, 06:14 AM
yeah! i made them last year and they are really nice! im planning on framing mine - i just made the new ones for next year and it takes about 2-4 weeks to get them - i probably should have waited since toy story mania had not yet been added to the mgm map but patience is not one of my strong points :blush:

LouRodriGIS
08-07-2007, 06:20 AM
They are very nice. However, they are probably more for kepping home then taking to the park. Plus the park maps have a lot more info to help you while in the park (i.e. bathrooms, etc.) and are laid out better. The park maps are just not as durable and pretty as these maps. Can't beat the price so I would get them.

mainemajor
08-07-2007, 07:35 AM
They are nice and ours only took 2 weeks to arrive. We are less than two weeks away so the maps are sitting on the coffee table. We love them

offero
08-07-2007, 07:41 AM
Not only did I order a set, everyone who has seen mine has ordered a set. They are very classy, for park maps. The paper is high quality and the design and layout is excellent. I would leave mine home rather than take them with me.
I must say bravo to Disney on these.

disneyfan328
08-07-2007, 10:12 AM
I just ordered mine last week. I had everything picked to customize them and could not get the order placed to save my life. I kept getting almost to the end and then I would get message about an error and to try again later. after trying for about 3 days I contacted disney through the site for the map and they were able to order them for me!!! What service. I am waiting patiently (NOT) for them to arrive. We have the BIG REVEAL in about 2 more weeks so I hope that they make it in time.

I am giddy with excitement. 46 days and counting.

helmickar
08-07-2007, 01:10 PM
They do seem pretty cool but they can only ship them if you live in the US. I live in Canada so they won't ship them but it is possible to print them...I haven't tried that yet

crazeedizneefinatic
08-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Really high quality maps...thick paper, great color graphics, etc. And customized with your NAME on the top!

This may be a dumb question but I just ordered our maps today and wanted my sons name on them. When I ordered they never asked me for personalization. Does the ship name go on top of the map??? I changed that to read my son's name since I figured that what is was. Am I right??

Momof2boys
08-07-2007, 03:05 PM
I ordered my maps last week and will also frame them :mickey:

SunnyLee
08-07-2007, 03:15 PM
I have ordered my maps a while back and I LOVE it!!!! I am soooo excited to post them up on my walls in my classroom...I know the students will think I am a bit crazy...course they already do so might as well keep it up!!! You'll LOVE doing it and all that you can choose to put on the maps!!! It's all about you!!! Have fun!!! :mickey:

TINKERBELL_82
08-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I ordered mine this morning!! Can't wait!! :mickey:

dmallan
08-07-2007, 06:54 PM
This may be a dumb question but I just ordered our maps today and wanted my sons name on them. When I ordered they never asked me for personalization. Does the ship name go on top of the map??? I changed that to read my son's name since I figured that what is was. Am I right??

They don't use the entire "ship to" name - each map says "The Allan Family's Guide to ...."
And the first page says "Dear Allan Family,"

tinksmom02
08-07-2007, 10:44 PM
They don't use the entire "ship to" name - each map says "The Allan Family's Guide to ...."
And the first page says "Dear Allan Family,"

I had my second set shipped to my DD, instead of using my name. The map still said The Smith's Family Guide..." but the package was addressed to Jenna.

They are very cool, and you can order a set every six months. The website actually tracks it for you. Within the 6 months, it says "View your Order," and then when you're eligible again, it says something else LOL

And as for shipping, here's my experience. Map set #1 placed December 6, received 2nd week of Januay. Map set #2, placed begining of June and received a week later.

IloveDisney71
08-07-2007, 11:50 PM
I have actually ordered 2 sets. I ordered my first set and was disappointed that they print one park map on each side. So I waited and then ordered a second set. I think you have to wait 6 months. They are really unique and I wanted to be able to frame one map of each park - that's why I got 2 sets. :)

pixiesmimi
08-08-2007, 04:26 PM
I ordered ours last month. They came in about two weeks. They are great! I'm not taking them with us on the trip though. I'm going to use them in our scrapbook. Like you, I was disappointed that they were on the back of each other. I purposely didn't make one for AK because we aren't going there but they sent one anyway. I was going to make one of just MK for my DGS whose first trip was in June to MK at age 3. But then I realized that I wouldn't be able to do ours for 6 months, so I waited on his. If his mother doesn't do it for him, I will do it for him for Christmas. This is such a cool souvenir and you can put stickers on your favorite places. I only put the places that we really enjoy going to and places we eat on there. If they continue to do this, I will make a different one for each trip with it personalized for that trip. :mickey:

MickeyandTink
08-09-2007, 04:39 PM
I've not only heard about it...I ordered them already. I got them in the mail last week. They're great!!!

Really high quality maps...thick paper, great color graphics, etc. And customized with your NAME on the top!!!

I opted to included ALL of the attractions, etc. on ALL 4 maps...didn't want to leave anything out!!!

That's what we did, too. After our trip next month, we are going to order another set and only put on there the attractions we actually rode, attended, etc. to use as our "keepsake".