PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs...Just a couple of questions.

Amy_617
08-06-2007, 11:09 PM
I have a couple of questions about CS.

First, What times do the quiet pools close? I know that when we stayed at POR, the quiet pools there closed at midnight. Is it the same at CS?

Second, We requested the Casitas section, which building is the best?

Third, Are the fridges already in your room when you arrive like POR, or do I need to make sure that I request it on my reservation.

Also, if anyone has any info they would care to add about this resort, please do so... :mickey:

This is the first time staying here, so we are VERY excited. Out of the resorts that we have stayed at listed below, POR is our favorite so far. We love the beautiful fountains in Magnolia Bend. It is just so peaceful and tranquil.:cloud9: Do you think we picked the right section(Casitas)? The photos I have seen of the Casitas with the fountains and courtyards remind me alot of what I liked about POR.:cloud9:

I know that I am asking alot, but thank you in advance. :mickey:

LeFouX2
08-07-2007, 12:51 AM
I have been at CS twice this year for two different conventions. Isn't that unusual?

Quiet pools close at 10:00 p.m. and the big pool which is awesome, closes at midnight.

The Ranchoes and Cabanas are my favs. I stayed at the Casitas last time and had to climb to the third floor for my room. Not too fun. The Rancheos and Cabanas have just two floors.

Fridges are in the room and are great to keep items cold.

Breakfast at Pepper Market is great, but dinner can be pricey (around $15.00) per person and it is not as good as breakfast. They do add a service charge there to the bill as the tip so do not tip the waitstaff. Service at Pepper Market is lousy.

Do not buy your soft drinks and bottle water at the on site store. :blush: Buy them at the parks as you leave and stock up. You can keep them in your fridge in the room. You will save .50 cents per bottle by buying them at the parks and taking them back to the room.

Its a good resort. I liked it both times, but plan to try others in future trips.:mickey:

Disney5Mom
08-07-2007, 07:45 AM
We have been several times and have always found our fridge in our room. The casitas are the prettiest especially if you like fountains. Also there is an elevator in Casitas 5 cause we used it! I don't know about other casitas although I would assume so.We love CSR. We found the view from casitas 5 was lovely although it was far from the main pool and restaurant. It was close to the quiet pool and bus stop 2.

LauraF
08-07-2007, 09:14 AM
1. The fridges are in your room when you arrive (or somebody in Mousekeeping's been naughty . . .:mickey:)

2. Quiet pool hours are until 10pm

3. I'm not planning on staying in the Casitas, so I couldn't say which is the best.

While I've never stayed here, I've done a LOT of research and talked with my parents who've stayed here before. Everybody seems to love it who stays there, but it remains a less popular destination probably because it's a convention hotel (so are the Contemporary, GF and Boardwalk, though no one remembers that). For me, I have no kids, so a hotel that was going to be more adults and a bit quieter (conventioneers notwithstanding) is extremely appealing.

Enjoy your trip!

c&d
08-07-2007, 10:12 AM
I have a couple of questions about CS.

Second, We requested the Casitas section, which building is the best?

When we stayed last summer we were in Casitas building 3. It was great. We could get from our room all the way to the bus stop without having to be "outside." There was an archway that led to the main building and then you could leave the main building to the bus stop using the building overhang. Very good when those summer storms pop up.

We were on the 3rd floor overlooking the lake, they accidentally put us in a room where someone had been smoking so they moved us from Ranchoes section to Casitas.

CSR is one of my favorite resorts. It is so pretty to walk around, especially at night with all the light fountains. Also you can see the Epcot and MK fireworks at night.

The main pool was really nice and never that crowded. Also the fact that it had a real lap pool in the Casitas section was nice. I'm a swimmer so it was great for me to get in the pool and swim laps before heading out to the parks.

As for the buses, they were never that crowded. They do, at least last August, run funny thru the resort. The main bus stop is the last one before they leave for the parks. It works out really well if you head over to Pepper Market for breakfast. On the way back from the parks, the first stop is technically bus stop #2. We found that getting off there got us back to our room quicker than getting off at the main bus stop.

Have a wonderful trip.

Tink's Mom
08-07-2007, 11:46 AM
We love the CS! My favorite is the cabanas section. DH and I really enjoyed walking around the lake at night. It was beautiful and relaxing. Kids loved the pool. We also enjoyed the food court. Have a great stay!