PDA

View Full Version : What makes you happiest at Disney?

Mickey91
08-06-2007, 06:30 PM
I was wondering, What makes you the happiest at Disney?

Is it the joy in your child's eyes when they first see Mickey Mouse or the castle etc?

Is the the little kid feeling you get when you first see Mickey Mouse or the castle etc.?

Or, is it a combination of your joy and theirs?:mickey:

For me, I guess it is the combination. I love to plan special surprises for my kids and see their faces light up. I would plan one for my DH but he foots the bill so it is hard to surprise him. But, I also love that little kid excitement I feel everytime I see Mickey!! How about you guys?

LoriMistress
08-06-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm a kid at heart.

playdead88
08-06-2007, 06:35 PM
disney in general makes me happy but if i had to pick a moment i would have to say the walk down main street on the 1st day when we get there - that gets me everytime :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
08-06-2007, 06:39 PM
It's a combination of both. But mainly it's the whole atmosphere of the Disney parks! It's the magic that only Disney can make! Disney parks, especially MK, are the only parks I've ever been to where I am content just to be there! The rides are just a bonus! It's all about the magic! :mickey:

mainemajor
08-06-2007, 06:46 PM
I get excited by not only members of my group, but also the excitement in every one else. I love to people watch and to see how excited kids get at Disney makes me so happy. :party:

pook@wdw
08-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Knowing that my 14yr old DD actually "WANTS" to be w/her parents on vacation! :eek::woohoo:. That means that the Disney "magic" has taken over her body, and we're gong to have a wonderful time together (like we always do):thumbsup:

eeyorerocks
08-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Just being there and feeling like a kid again, and seeing the pure joy and excitement on your kids' faces (and for a mother of 2 pre-teen boys that think they're "all grown up" it's an amazing feeling)

The "Disney Feeling" is a feeling all to itself - it's just plain magic :D

Wolfbanesquest
08-06-2007, 07:13 PM
I know it sounds weird, but it's the smell of Disney World when you first walk on to Main Street, USA.:cloud9:

WishingStar2006
08-06-2007, 07:25 PM
It's experiencing the magic that never gets old and is never but always the same AND, it's getting my teenage sons (17 & 18) all to myself...no friends/girlfriends/jobs/homework/computer etc. to distract them and we just have all out 150% fun from the moment we get on the plane until we're at MCO to come home.

I wish they would stop raising the prices and changing the dining plan because pretty soon this single mom isn't gonna be able to swing it!

snifflesmcg
08-06-2007, 07:55 PM
I like the experience I get.

However, I have to admit, I loved showing my BF Disney for the first time.

tinksmom02
08-06-2007, 07:59 PM
I love Disney, but what really gets me is the excitement on my DD's face, and watching my DH get into the spirit (albeit reluctantly LOL) always melts my heart. :mickey:

Goofeygal
08-06-2007, 08:08 PM
My excitment is that my 18 yr old son still gets excited and wants to go to disney almost as much as I do.:mickey:

IloveDisney71
08-06-2007, 08:33 PM
It's a little bit of both for me. I always feel like I'm a kid again when I'm at Disney. I also get a big kick out of seeing Disney through other people's eyes. They don't even have to be in my group. I love seeing anybody enjoying the magic of Disney!

Jared
08-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Perhaps I'm selfish, but I stopped caring how other people feel during my vacations. A few years ago a friend and his father took me to Walt Disney World during Memorial Day weekend. Neither of them had a good time, failing to understand what I love about my favorite place in the world.

Instead of becoming upset, I ignored their bickering, complaining and mocking. My vacation was fabulous. I really don't care what they thought.

mttafire
08-06-2007, 08:39 PM
I voted for a little of both. I too feel like a kid again while at Disney. Plus I LOVE the look of MAGIC on childrens faces when they look at the Castle or certain attractions. Disney truly is the place where dreams come true!:mickey:

mickeyfan2001
08-06-2007, 09:15 PM
For me it's a combination of both but I just love the look my little boy gets while we are walking down Main Street. :yay:

squishy445
08-06-2007, 09:18 PM
It is definetly a combination or both. I get such a great feeling when we walk into the park, but I love to see how excited those I care about get at the Disney experience as well.

hooberry
08-06-2007, 09:27 PM
:mickey:Last year was my first trip with kids, we brought my 2 year old for her first time, I still remember how cute it was when she started clapping along with the Country Bear Jamboree and when she saw her first character- Goofy- on main street and tried to run up to him saying "hold me Goofy":mickey:

battle beast
08-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Just being there.

dolphinmickey9170
08-06-2007, 09:42 PM
I swear I turn into a 5 year old child inside a 36 year old body!:blush:

CU Tiger
08-06-2007, 09:46 PM
When we first enter the MK, I just watch my DD’s reactions to the sites and sounds. :joy: It makes it worth every penny I am spending on them. I also like being taken away to the days of my youth and share the fun right along side of them.:mickey:

watchaminnie
08-06-2007, 10:40 PM
I love watching my kids when they meet the characters. That is why we are going this year. My DD is almost 7 and she's already starting to phase out the princesses for the likes of Hannah Montana! I have to go one more time while she cares about the characterss, so I can cry like a baby when my kids give mickey a big hug.

Fantasmic
08-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Just being there does it for me

PeterPanFan
08-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Walking dow the middle of Main Street USA!

and of course seeing the BIG CHEESE

:mickey:

January-2007
08-07-2007, 09:09 AM
:mickey: "a little bit of both" :mickey:

mkycrzy1971
08-07-2007, 10:13 AM
It makes me so happy that I cry when I see the Castle for the first time on every trip...I also cry when I see Illuminations and Wishes...they are so beautiful and truly magical. :cloud9:

Camaro305
08-07-2007, 10:18 AM
My excitement starts when me, wife, and kids (7 and 4) arrive at MCO. :party:

avantgardeinker
08-07-2007, 10:39 AM
It is a little of both for me. However, this will be DD's first trip that she will be aware of. We have gotten out videos from past trips and to see her face light up when she sees Mickey and Minnie makes me tear up a little. I can't wait to take her in Dec.

121 more days!!
:mickey:

BashfulMom
08-07-2007, 12:51 PM
WDW is definately my "happy place". :laughing:

disneycouple2004
08-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Hoping to see our own childs eyes lite up someday, its amazing to see, and we can only imagine how wonderful it will be the day we can take our child for the very first time..now if we can just get pregnat..that would be a good start :thumbsup:...we took our niece and newphew for the 1st time a few years ago..it was amazing to watch them...we can hardly wait !!

Wrigley
08-07-2007, 01:52 PM
I believe for me it would be a combination of both. I haven't taken my DD yet, but planning to in the near future, and I can't wait to see her face when we walk into the MK. I know she will be so excited!!! I also get butterflies every time we pull up to our resort or walk into the park the first day. Our next trip can't come soon enough!:mickey:

GhostHost999
08-07-2007, 09:11 PM
I like taking people who have never been there before to see how they get amazed when they see something cool for the first time.

lilmick
08-07-2007, 09:56 PM
It's the feeling that the rest of the 'real' world has disappeared...no bad news, no bills, no crabbiness...just good, old fashioned fun! That feeling is something that you just can't get anywhere else!:dance:

Marilyn Michetti
08-07-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm not voting because it's none of the three. I just love being there because it's so familiar and such an easy place to be. I could be by myself, and just sit and watch people on the front porch by the flagpole.:thumbsup:

threeh
08-08-2007, 12:06 AM
I am a sucker for good background music.I can't even explain the amazing feeling I get as we enter EPCOT,it's dark, you can see the pixie dust sparkling on the sidewalk and then the innoventions background music. It;s visceral. My kids are in on it to, when i play disney music on my ipod we play name where its from. It's all good!!!:thumbsup:

BritCody
08-08-2007, 06:34 AM
I would say that both. Even though they are teenagers I still love to see the reaction and enjoyment on my kids faces. Plus it lets me relive my childhood when my parent used to take me to WDW.

sneezyone
08-09-2007, 01:19 PM
I am a Disney Freak and I love feeling like a kid again...but the coolest part is for my DH...

He had NEVER seen a disney movie before he met me (how can he call himself an american???) and he went by himself back in the 90's. He thought it was boring.

Fast forward to 2000. I talked him into going and I "showed" him the magic, the hidden mickeys, I explained the stories of the rides and characters and now he loves it! He finds a little more magic every trip.

alaMode
08-10-2007, 09:34 AM
My son has cerebral palsy. We celebrated his seventh birthday at WDW last year. Everyone there truly made it a magical birthday. He glowed the whole time we were there!

I was very moved by the respect and care our family received while at WDW. I planned the whole thing for the fun and enjoyment of my child, but I ended up having the most relaxing vacation I've had in years!

As the bumper sticker says, "Been there, done that--going back for more!"

Tess
Poly 2007

Disneypixie513
08-10-2007, 11:34 AM
I would have to say both. I'm 15 and i feel younger everytime i go..it seems the more i go the more i love being with the characters and riding IASW and Peter pan. It's my favorite place on earth and i can't get enough. But going down Main street in MK for the 1st time of the trip..it still makes me cry. :cloud9:
I think i'm the biggest disney freak in the family..but my mom is pretty close to...She loves making surprises for us and she goes through alot of planning to make sure we have an awesome time..which really isn't hard considering it's Disney :)

Bluesky481
08-10-2007, 02:04 PM
I absolutely have to vote both! I love the feeling I get at DW, but there's nothing like going to the parks with someone who's never been before. I love being a part of their excitement and discovery. For anyone who hasn't had the privilege of doing this, grab a friend who's never gone...and GO!!! You'll have the time of your life!:D

MickeysEars
08-11-2007, 10:32 PM
I love watching my childrens faces and the way my husband look when he sees my DD's face light up!

Tink#64
08-11-2007, 11:56 PM
It's amazing that all four of us, myself, DH & DS's 10 & 11 all agree that besides home, WDW is the place we would most want to be!I love WDW and I'm so lucky that my whole family loves it as much as me. DS's don't get that excited about going anywhere except WDW! We all get along so well when we're there, and everything is magical and all the stress and little petty things are left at home. It's such a magical experience for all of us. To see every one of my family members faces just light up when we first drive under that Welcome sign is priceless. And that feeling lasts the whole trip through and we are able to bring so much of the magic of the trip home with us. WDW is just pure magic! Not only the attractions there, but the happiness it brings so many people! Now that's magic!:magic:

Darin M
08-12-2007, 11:27 AM
My girlfriend and I both turn into little kids again. I'll be there in 5 days, so I'm starting to shed some years off now.

AdventurerKim
08-12-2007, 06:26 PM
I am happiest just being there; everything I do at WDW makes me happy! :cloud9: