PDA

View Full Version : SSR 1-Bedroom Best Location

5 Mousekteers
08-06-2007, 06:21 PM
We will be staying at SSR for the first time this October. I would like to put in a request for a 1-Bedroom with a view of either the main pool or DTD. Was looking for some input since this resort is so large. We are taking are 3 DS for a Halloween weekend.:mpumpkin:

Zippy_D_DooDah
08-06-2007, 08:58 PM
If you want a view of DTD, then request Congress Park. It's a short walk to the main pool though, and Congress park has it's own pool and play area. Plus... "if you act now..." sorry... I liked staying in Congress Park because of it's proximity to DTD. We could walk there in about 10 minutes (less if we hustled).

dolphinmickey9170
08-06-2007, 10:34 PM
I agree with Zippy D, Congress Park has a beuatiful view of Downtown, but you should request the third floor if possible for the best view. You have a lovely walking path to DTD and to OKW as well (through the golf course). There is a quiet pool with a hot tub and a bus stop too. We loved it. We would sit our on the balcony at night when we returned from the parks and have a beverage and listen to the music coming from DTD. But you can't hear the music when you close your slider door, so don't worry about the noise. The walk to the main house was also short, but far enough away so you don't hear the main pool area. Have a great time!

JWDisneyFan
08-07-2007, 07:07 AM
I will have to be the third to say that we love Congress Park. We stayed in another part of SSR near the front gate and didn't like it at all - no view, noisy with busses entering. We have stayed in Congress Park twice with a DTD view and love it. It's a very easy walk to DTD plus convenient on the bus system. Plus it is not that far of a walk to the main pool and lobby. We've done that may times. I just booked a trip to SSR for December and my one request was to be in Congress Park.

pox24
08-07-2007, 08:35 AM
We were there last month and we stayed in Bldg. 1100 and had a first floor view of DTD. It was a longer walk than I had anticipated. All of 10 minutes plus. This location in Congress Park is the closest to DTD and is a way from the main pool. I might suggest the 2100 bldg in Congress Park with a 3rd floor room for the view.. There is a quiet pool 50 yrds away and its a short walk to the Turf Club, main pool and Carriage House.

disneycouple2004
08-07-2007, 08:38 AM
:ditto:
Cool see you in December..we ask for Congress Park again also. :thumbsup:
22cd-29th...:D
Lonny

I will have to be the third to say that we love Congress Park. We stayed in another part of SSR near the front gate and didn't like it at all - no view, noisy with busses entering. We have stayed in Congress Park twice with a DTD view and love it. It's a very easy walk to DTD plus convenient on the bus system. Plus it is not that far of a walk to the main pool and lobby. We've done that may times. I just booked a trip to SSR for December and my one request was to be in Congress Park.

Roo Girl
08-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Congress Park w/ a water view of DTD. We stayed there for our honeymoon in April and it was so magical.

5 Mousekteers
08-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Thanks for all the responses. It looks like Congress park is the winner for location. I will be requesting it. We became DVC members in 2004 with Saratoga as our home resort, but this will be our first time staying there. We have stayed at VWL and BWV on our past vacations, VWL being my favorite.