PDA

View Full Version : If I was Rich.....

fig's disney
08-06-2007, 05:30 PM
The age old sentence starter.
So, if your were rich enough what would be one thing you would purchase at Disney? This can be real like DVC membership with 1,000,000 points or imaginary like a personal replica (insert ride here) in my backyard.................

Mine would be buy that $15,000 Glass Castle that used to be next to the Main Street Bakery in the glass shop and have the ability to take atleast 100 people a year to WDW who have never been able to experience it

Imagineer1981
08-06-2007, 05:46 PM
pay off the dream squad to let me live my dream of being an Imagineer

MMouse6937
08-06-2007, 05:49 PM
I would want to work as a parade performer and not have to worry about the low pay. That and being able to go to Disney ten times a year for three weeks at a time :D

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
08-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Buy the 2008 version of the dining plan...and not complain about it.

Or, Triceratops Spin (or the tea cups) in my backyard.

LoriMistress
08-06-2007, 06:47 PM
If I were rich, I would go to WDW on vacation whenever I want. I would stay at every single resort and eat at every single restaurant.

wedway76
08-06-2007, 08:04 PM
I could think of a LOT of things!!!

How about one week in each moderate and deluxe resort hotel, starting with the least expensive and ending with the most.

IloveDisney71
08-06-2007, 08:41 PM
I know this may sound "sappy" but I've always said I would love to have enough money so I could send underprivileged kids and their families to Disney. I think every child should have the opportunity to experience the magic of Disney like I did when I was a child. I am a teacher (who has lots of Disney decorations in my classroom:)) and all the kids know about Disney and Mickey. Some have already been and some go during the school year BUT it makes me so sad to know that some of them will never get to go as a child because their parents can't afford the trip. :( So If I were rich (not on a teacher's salary!) I would send kids to Disney!:mickey:

Jared
08-06-2007, 08:45 PM
I'd build the Tomorrowland Transit Authority in my backyard. Whenever I'm suffering from writer's block, I could go zip around Tomorrowland for a while to zap my brain.

BW Fan
08-06-2007, 08:51 PM
I like that DVC membership with a 1,000,000 points idea. My family, friends and just about anybody I want could then go for as long as we want, anytime we want. Might even try to rent the same grand villa for full time, so I could leave clothes and supplies there. Just get on a plane and go. No advance planning.

disneydeb
08-06-2007, 08:58 PM
I know this may sound "sappy" but I've always said I would love to have enough money so I could send underprivileged kids and their families to Disney. I think every child should have the opportunity to experience the magic of Disney like I did when I was a child. I am a teacher (who has lots of Disney decorations in my classroom:)) and all the kids know about Disney and Mickey. Some have already been and some go during the school year BUT it makes me so sad to know that some of them will never get to go as a child because their parents can't afford the trip. :( So If I were rich (not on a teacher's salary!) I would send kids to Disney!:mickey:

We must think alike. I teach in a school that is near 90% free and reduced lunch participants. I would love to take my students to Disney with their parents for an all inclusive getaway.

DisneyGiant
08-06-2007, 09:02 PM
I've always wanted to have a huge family & friends reunion there. And on the last night of the vacation - have a big party (like a wedding reception without the wedding) where everyone could dance and have a ball.

Personally - I'd like to be able to afford some of the 14K gold jewelry - I priced hoop earrings - $385.00.

I ended up buying sterling silver hoops for $8.50. :D

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-06-2007, 09:25 PM
I would want to have BL's SRS in my backyard..don't think I could get sick of that.

And I'd like to own the ToT! Or possibly start a resort that resembles the hotel...with working elevators, of course ;)

Chris :hatter:

dolphinmickey9170
08-06-2007, 09:52 PM
This is what I buy if I were rich......

my DH wants to buy me this castle (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2096477210042804337rKJgss)

I wish I had that kind of money!

Jessnick
08-06-2007, 10:55 PM
I would like to celebrate my 15th Anniversary in Deluxe style. Invite my family and some friends to watch my husband an I renew our vows at Cinderella's Castle. With a big party afterwards, of course the park would be opened just for us.

Fantasmic
08-07-2007, 08:17 AM
I would have my own suite in the Grand Floridian with unlimited access to the Theme Parks and Water Parks.
:cloud9:

TINKERBELL_82
08-07-2007, 08:23 AM
A huge house in Celebration...

With Premium Annual Passes for all of us...

And, like the above posters, I would love to take children who couldn't otherwise afford it to WDW. :cloud9:

offero
08-07-2007, 08:29 AM
I know this may sound "sappy" but I've always said I would love to have enough money so I could send underprivileged kids and their families to Disney. I think every child should have the opportunity to experience the magic of Disney like I did when I was a child :

I have to agree 100 percent. As much as I would love my own HM, we live in the city near some not so good neighborhoods. there are some kids there who come around our street who are great hardworking kids, who are harassed by gangs or other kids constantly, it is sad to think about. It would be great to send some of them down there for a few days.

pixidust1976
08-07-2007, 12:39 PM
I would love to spend two weeks inside the suite in Cinderella's Castle with concierge service. (If I can only get ONE thing with all that money)

If I could just blow the $$$.... I would dine in the best restaurants.

Call up my limo while exiting the park and hop in the limo and be whisked away to whatever... no bus waits or transfers.

Take every cruise, luxury seating, child's fun event... etc...

All said an done... It would cost WAY WAY too much... but... that was the point... I don't have to worry about money!

goofiecrazy
08-07-2007, 02:25 PM
I would build my own vacation home in the resort area so that we still be in the world not staying outside of Disney World.We would try all the sit down meals and tours and a bunch of other things that we dont do.We would go down several times a year and might try working there for awhile..

sagessa
08-07-2007, 02:55 PM
This is what I buy if I were rich......

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2096477210042804337rKJgss castle

Tell me what you think please. I wish I had that kind of money!

I was drooling over this when we were there in May. Jym had to drag me away from it!

Rachel R.

bleukarma
08-07-2007, 02:57 PM
I would quit my “real” job and work at Disney since I can’t afford to do that now. I would also go back to school (on the days I’m not at work) and get degrees to work my way up the Disney ladder.

I would stay at the deluxe resorts and eat at all the nice restaurants and bring my family and friends all the time (as long as they understand that some time I may have to work a shift while they are out in the parks!). I would make large anonymous donations to Make a Wish and other organizations that sends kids to Disney.

Cinderelley
08-07-2007, 04:15 PM
3 2-week trips a year to any Disney park in the World staying in any resort I want. I could either take them myself or give it to someone else.

serstar87
08-07-2007, 05:08 PM
I would definitely buy a private jet and take yearly trips around the world, spending a week or so in each city with a Disney theme park, enjoying the parks and the cities/cultures they are in. Besides that I would also get a side job at WDW, volunteering whenever I felt the urge to go to WDW. I would probably do guest relations and give WDW tours. I think that would be AMAZING. I'd stay on the concierge level of the Polynesian when in town. :cloud9: