PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Fireworks Cruise

Pirate Sadie
08-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Has anyone ever been on the Illumination fireworks cruise? My questions are: Where does the boat take you for the viewing of the actual fireworks? and do you think it's worth the $$$$. Any inputs would be helpful!

Maleficent's Dad
08-06-2007, 01:15 PM
The Illuminations Cruise:
1. Board at YC marina
2. Journey past Swan/Dolphin all the way to MGM
3. Come back, cruise past BW
4. Tie up under the bridge that connects UK to France in EPCOT's WS for Illuminations

We enjoyed our cruise, but didn't love it. You do not have the 'best view' of Illuminations - not even close. You can't even see the Earth Globe until it's about 1/2 way out into the lagoon. It is a nice - but not great - experience IMHO. My family agrees.

We did LOVE the Wishes Cruise and felt it was much better for the money spent.

TammiMcMan
08-06-2007, 10:27 PM
My opinion of the Illuminations cruise is a little bit different. It's definitely a favorite of my family. We've never had any problems seeing the fireworks or the laser show, but I have heard that if the wind is blowing towards the bridge, you might have a problem. My favorite is watching the extended Holiday Illuminations from the boat. They have blankets on board and you can order some hot chocolate to bring along and snuggle up for a beautiful show.

emfleck
08-07-2007, 02:53 PM
We did this last year and absolutely loved it. Our "captain" was great and very friendly. He took us for a long boat ride between the Studios and Epcot. After the show was over, instead of dropping us off at Beach Club where we got on, he took us to the Studios so we could catch a bus back to AKL from there. It was very pricey but worth it in my opinion.

mook3y
08-07-2007, 04:51 PM
We did this last year and really enjoyed it. We actually split the cost with someone here from Intercot.

It was fun to meet someone from these boards and not have to pay the full expense.

We did chat on the phone before hand to make sure we thought it work out fine. It worked out great! :)

We thought it was a lot of fun. Had a great view of the fireworks, enjoyed the boat ride and the captain had lots of interesting facts.

Would I do it again? Maybe, if someone was splitting it with me again. $250ish for just my family of four........ I am thinking, pirate cruise adventure for DS, surfing lessons for me, BBB for DD and some souveniers for DW would be better use of the money for us.. but then... we have already done it once. :D

threeh
08-08-2007, 12:01 AM
We did the illumintaions cruise lastyear for my hubby's birthday. I really really liked it. We went to the BC marina and got on the boat and got a tour down thru MGM.. Our driver was really nice and answered tons of questions and she knew goofy facts. Then we pulled up right under the bridge and I thought we had an excellent view of illuninations. There is this big fire ball thing at the beginning which I never knew about so I thought smoething was going wrong and I was waiting any minute for them to ask us to leave. But apparently the ball of fire happens every night. My kids also loved it, they are so spoilde from fireowrks between that and wathching them from Hawaii building at the Polynesain. My Dh, he can take it or leave it. IMHO it was worth it, I enjoyed the entir night. Kids loved it too. If you have a special occasion to celebrate it's perfect.

No my I ask those who have been on the wishes cruise how is that?? We usuaully watch wishes from our balcony at the Poly. Last year we were in Tonga and had a really cool marina view. Just trying to decide if we should do a wishes cruise or not. Thanks and happy planning to all:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
08-08-2007, 08:26 AM
No my I ask those who have been on the wishes cruise how is that?? We usuaully watch wishes from our balcony at the Poly. Last year we were in Tonga and had a really cool marina view. Just trying to decide if we should do a wishes cruise or not. Thanks and happy planning to all:mickey:
We absolutely loved the Wishes Cruise (did it in February).

It feels longer than the Illuminations Cruise - as you do both bodies of water around the MK. We got to watch the Electrical Water Pageant prior to Wishes. This was cool seeing it from the water and not on land.

The captain positions the boat (no anchor or tie up) with a great view of the castle - Wishes starts and it's spectacular! S/he's constantly repositioning the boat to keep you in the best view of the show.

The one thing I'd highly recommend is to get the boat with the music pumped in. You have to do this when you make your ressie. I couldn't imagine being on a "mute" boat! :mickey: