PDA

View Full Version : Boats in Epcot?

pwdebbie
08-06-2007, 10:28 AM
When I look at maps of Epcot, there are piers and dotted lines for boat routes shown on the lake. Now, are these boats only for IllumiNations or are they boats that run throughout the day?

I am wondering if we can do a third of Epcot, hop a boat back to the entrance area, the next day take a boat back to where we stopped the day before, do another third, take a boat back to the entrance area, and then do the same thing the next day for the last third. Is this possible?

Debbie
first trip -- Oct 2007, POFQ

xipetotec
08-06-2007, 10:32 AM
I'm assuming you mean the boats INSIDE the park. The boat landings are not really near the entrance area, but they are at the furthest point of FutureWorld and travel to different parts of the world showcase and they do run all day. You can take the boat from one part of the world showcase to another.

If you leave ( or come in ) through the International Gateway, there is also a boat that takes you to this entrance from the Boarwalk/Beach Club/Swan&Dolphin and MGM Studios.

PlutoToo
08-06-2007, 10:35 AM
You're right. The boats operate on the lagoon all day. You will be able to do the world showcase in thirds like you want to. I think they atop during the Illumination celebration each night. Have a wonderful time in the world.

battlefield2freak
08-06-2007, 10:49 AM
so they run during illuminations? that would seem to be a little dangerous in my opinion.

BelleBeauty
08-06-2007, 11:20 AM
No the boats do not run during Illuminations. They may stop late afternoon when the bardges are brought onto the Lagoon with the show equipment on them. I'm not sure of the exact time that they stop.

garymacd
08-06-2007, 11:29 AM
The last trip leaves the docks around seven p.m.

pwdebbie
08-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Thank you, all who replied. This is exactly the info I'm looking for. The less walking my husband has to do, the more we will enjoy our trip.

I love this site -- all my questions answered, even the one I don't think of. :thumbsup:

Deb

atruman
08-07-2007, 12:54 PM
It's worth noting that if you want to see all of World Showcase, the boats really don't save any walking, since it is a big circle. However, if there is a particular country you want to get to, and it is close to one of the launch docks, it can possibly save you some steps.

Figgyluv03
08-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Does anyone know about how long the boat ride is from EPCOT to MGM?

TammiMcMan
08-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Does anyone know about how long the boat ride is from EPCOT to MGM?It's about 20 minutes, due to multiple stops at the resorts to drop off and pick up guests.

Figgyluv03
08-08-2007, 12:24 PM
That's not bad. DBf and I are tyring to figure out what we are doing for our dining and he's not interested at the TS's in MGM, so maybe we can take a boat over to Epcot to eat there and then back to MGM for the rest of the night.

pixiesmimi
08-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Are all of these boat rides free, even the one to MGM?

TammiMcMan
08-09-2007, 12:40 AM
Are all of these boat rides free, even the one to MGM?Yes they are.

pwdebbie
08-09-2007, 10:51 AM
It's worth noting that if you want to see all of World Showcase, the boats really don't save any walking, since it is a big circle. However, if there is a particular country you want to get to, and it is close to one of the launch docks, it can possibly save you some steps.

My husband has endurance problems, so we will be doing in Epcot in small chunks during our seven-day stay. Knowing we can hop a boat and not have to walk all the way around every day really makes a big difference for us.

Deb

atruman
08-10-2007, 01:55 PM
My husband has endurance problems, so we will be doing in Epcot in small chunks during our seven-day stay. Knowing we can hop a boat and not have to walk all the way around every day really makes a big difference for us.

Deb

Sounds like it will indeed be perfect for you, then. :D

Don't forget that depending on where you are coming from, you can also come in right between France and the UK in the World Showcase at the International Gateway via boat. That might also help.