PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten Seating

pooh0601
08-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Are all tables at Biergarten the same(seat 8)? When you book an ADR, why doesn't the CM mention that there is no such thing as a table for 2 or 4, etc.

Does anyone know what "entertainment" there is at Biergarten and if it is there for lunch and dinner, or just dinner?

Thanks!

TheRustyScupper
08-05-2007, 11:42 PM
1) Some tables are less that 8 seats (away from the action).
2) But, the table for 2-4 isn't mentioned at ressie time.
3) You are not calling for a table ADR.
4) You are calling for a number of seats.
5) At Biergarten, you WILL sit with other people.
6) Assuming it isn't "dead" that meal.

7) The entertainment is mainly for dinner.
8) There is usually some music for lunch.
9) But, the "god stuff" is at dinner.

WonderlandsMostWanted
08-06-2007, 12:12 AM
The CM I spoke to when I booked did mention the seating arrangements.

January-2007
08-06-2007, 09:30 AM
I recall them mentioning the seating when we make our ADRs. On our Honeymoon we went for lunch, and it wasn't busy, so we got a table for 4 just for the 2 of us. They have the show at lunch and at dinner. It's on the back of the Epcot Times Guide. The first one of the day starts at 1PM I believe. So that's when we went for lunch. The menu differs a little, more offered at dinner, hence the price being higher. It's great whenever we go though, it's a tradition.

DisneyCouple07
08-06-2007, 09:45 AM
I knew about the family style table seating before making the ressies. But, my DW and I were lucky to get the table for 2 on our honeymoon (we didn't ask, and wouldn't have minded sharing a table, but they knew it was our honeymoon). It was a little strange when they annouced it was our honeymoon and every turned to look at us way in the back (but my DW loved the extra attention-and I kinda did too). :mickey:

moe513
08-06-2007, 11:34 AM
I enjoy the atmosphere but the food to me is not good.

garymacd
08-06-2007, 11:47 AM
If you ever have a chance to go to a real Oktoberfest, you will find you sit at long trestle tables with complete strangers. In Bavaria, this was a traditional manner of seating everyone and gave all a great chance to meet neighbours and strangers alike. It gets easier the more beer you have.

Let me tell you of how I won a contest and got to not only embarrass my family, but also have them laughing their heads off at the same time during dinner contests.....
:beer:

cinderella crazy
08-06-2007, 06:42 PM
I personally like sitting with other people. It's fun getting to know the people you sit with. You can tell some people are uncomfortable though since they usually don't participate in conversation.

We enjoyed Biergarten so much, we ate there twice on our last trip. Food's pretty good, atmosphere is awesome, and the entertainment is always fun.

Polynesian Dweller
08-06-2007, 07:16 PM
The seating can work and it can really not work. Its a bit hit and miss but when there's a miss and you get a table where its the two of you seated with 6 folks who know each other it can be downright terrible. Had some good times there but also had that terrible experience a couple of times so we stopped going to the Biergarten. There's enough other places without playing the Biergarten seating lottery.

snifflesmcg
08-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Let me tell you of how I won a contest and got to not only embarrass my family, but also have them laughing their heads off at the same time during dinner contests.....
:beer:

Oh how I would love to hear this story.

Anyway, I know they have group seating but my question is......do they pair you up with "like" group. For instance, we are two adults, are they going to try and pair us with other adults or do they just stick you where ever?

MouseHead
08-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Anyone have any info on seating arrangements for someone who uses a rather large power wheelchair?:crowd:...Is there adequate room at the tables?..I also seem to remember the tables being set on levels/tiers...any input would help:mickey: