PDA

View Full Version : Boat horns at Poly???...bldg. question.

Sunshine1010
08-05-2007, 11:05 PM
I was on YouTube looking up videos of the Poly. In one of them, it shows a lady videotaping from her room. She spanned to the right and the boat was loading. Then, it blew it's horn and it was loud. I wouldn't want to hear that all day long ---- does anyone know what buildings to avoid the noise of the boat horn?.....and, has anyone had a problem with this before?

Dicecatt262
08-06-2007, 10:44 AM
That was probably Tuvalu...since that is the building right on the water. I've stayed in Hawaii, which is also on the water within sight of the boat launch, and the horn never bothered me...you can hear those everywhere, though, maybe I just didn't notice. The buildings that might not hear it at all would be Tahiti, Tokelau, Rapa Nui, Aotearoa, maybe Raratonga. I would think that Fiji and Samoa get a bit of that too, but honestly, it didn't bother us a bit and we did nap during the day in the room.

Some buildings you might hear the monrail. Some you might hear the luau.

MNNHFLTX
08-06-2007, 03:19 PM
We stayed in the Tahiti building and if there was any noise from the boat horns, it must not have been very loud, as I don't recall it. No noise from the monorail either, as it's not next to it. :)

Sunshine1010
08-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Thank You !!!!