PDA

View Full Version : Another hopping question

Little Einstein
08-05-2007, 08:11 PM
I know I'm making this more difficult than it probably is but here's my question: We are planning our next trip to WDW in February and I was originally going to get the park hopper option but after thinking about it, I'm not sure I need it. I would think at the most we would go to 2 different parks in the same day maybe only once or twice - if that's the case, could I just buy an extra day (instead of 5 days buy 6 days) and use that "extra" ticket for the day we go to 2 different parks? I hope this makes sense. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Yes, you can do this. However, are you sure you don't want to go from one park to another? You never know when the mood might strike you to hop on over to another park if the one you are in becomes extremely busy.

5 more days!!

mainemajor
08-05-2007, 08:45 PM
I don't think you can use more than one park - one day. That's what the base ticket is designed for. :confused: I always get the hopper option so we have the ability to hop if it moves us and it usually does. Sometimes we might just hit MK for Wishes or EPCOT for Illuminations. It's great to have the option :mickey:

karenrarintogo
08-05-2007, 08:57 PM
We always get a park hopper. We love the freedom to go from park to park and ride our favorite rides every day if we want (like Soarin).
We can go through Animal Kingdom and MGM in less than a full day, as well, so we end up back at MK or Epcot on those days.
We also like to eat most of our evening meals at Epcot with the DDP, so our parkhopper comes in handy there as well.:mickey::cloud9:

DizneyRox
08-05-2007, 09:06 PM
... I would think at the most we would go to 2 different parks in the same day maybe only once or twice - if that's the case, could I just buy an extra day (instead of 5 days buy 6 days) and use that "extra" ticket for the day we go to 2 different parks?

Yes, you can do this. ...
Actually, no you can't. If you want to park hop you need to purchase the park hopping option.

If you don't get the park hopping option, you WILL be denied entry to the second park for that day. You will be directed back to the original park you went to, or guest relations where you can add on the park hopping option to your ticket.

They are very strict about this. Actually not strict in a mean way, BUT they will not allow it, no matter what you say, do, or even threaten.

LauraF
08-05-2007, 09:30 PM
I know I'm making this more difficult than it probably is
Yes, you are . . . :mickey:
Park hopping means you go to at least two parks in one day. If you just want to go to one, buy the base ticket. If you think you'll want to go to more than one, buy the hopper ticket. Simple as that.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-06-2007, 07:58 PM
The only way you could use another day on the same day would be to buy 2 separate tickets. You can't use one ticket/2 days on the same day. It won't work. Price it out and you'll probably find it's cheaper to buy the hopper option.
We always hop. We leave the park that closes early and head over to one that is open later. But we usually go in the summer time when the hours are really long.

Little Einstein
08-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the responses - I kind of figured that it wouldn't work but I just wanted to make sure! :mickey:

Narawen
08-08-2007, 02:28 AM
You used to be able to buy an extra day and use that for park-hopping, but Disney got rid of this and now you need the park-hopping option in order to visit more than one park per day. You can leave a park mid-day and re-enter the same one with a base ticket, but can't go to another park.

DizneyRox
08-08-2007, 07:24 AM
You used to be able to buy an extra day and use that for park-hopping ...
Never... This loop hole was closed well before the MYW tickets were sold. Before that, Park Hopping was included in all tickets, so it was not necessary to purchase it seperately.

As someone mentioned, you could purchase a seperate ticket, so instead of a 7 day ticket, you could get a 5 and a 2 day ticket, and use the 2 day ticket to "park hop" for two days, but it's cheaper to just add park hopping to the 5 day ticket.

Red Randal
08-08-2007, 10:11 AM
I like having the park hopping option just for the sole reason of unpredictablility. Sometimes I get to the Magic Kingdom and think "gee, it's oddly crowded here today" and like that I can hop over to, say, MGM. Or maybe it's raining on the night I want to see Fantasmic so then I can leave MGM and go to Magic Kingdom and do some things with smaller lines.

The idea of buying two seperate tickets is not a bad one but Disney prices it so that it's unfeasable. A one day ticket to Disney World is almost $100. That's insane. Of course, if you're going for, like, two weeks and only want to hop one day then it MIGHT be worth it. But why not just pay a little more for the flexibility?

There is also one other option. If you only want to hop on the last few days of your trip, you could "upgrade" your tickets then and not have to pay the price of park hopping for the days when you didn't use it. I THINK this would work.

sleepingbooty
08-08-2007, 10:34 AM
There is also one other option. If you only want to hop on the last few days of your trip, you could "upgrade" your tickets then and not have to pay the price of park hopping for the days when you didn't use it. I THINK this would work.

Actually, the hopper option is $45 no matter how many days your base ticket is, so that wouldn't save you any money.

BronxTigger
08-08-2007, 10:41 AM
I think the park hopper feature is a flat $45 per person regardless of the length of the ticket.

Red Randal
08-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Actually, the hopper option is $45 no matter how many days your base ticket is, so that wouldn't save you any money.

I think the park hopper feature is a flat $45 per person regardless of the length of the ticket.

I had a feeling that option was too easy. I guess that's why Disney pays people to make sure I don't try to make park hopping cheap.

Sorry, folks.