PDA

View Full Version : Mnsshp & 5 Y/o?

puppypolice
08-05-2007, 07:50 PM
I HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED TICKETS, BUT NOW I AM SECOND GUESSING MYSELF. IS THERE ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN THAT MAY BE TOO SCARY FOR A 5 Y/O? MY DS IS ACTUALLY A HALLOWEEN BABY, SO HE IS USED TO THE TYPICAL SPOOKS THAT GO ALONG W/ HALLOWEEN:jack::mpumpkin:, BUT IS THERE ANYTHING ATYPICAL THAT I SHOULD BE CONCERNED WITH. HE LOVES THAT HIS BIRTHDAY IS ON HALLOWEEN & I DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING OR GO TO ANYTHING THAT WILL MAKE HIM RESENT HIS BIRTHDAY. AS OF RIGHT NOW HE THINKS WHEN HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS COME OUT, IT IS BECAUSE EVERYONE IS CELEBRATING HIS BIRTHDAY & I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP IT THAT WAY FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. I ALSO THAT THAT HE WOULD THINK THAT DISNEY IS CELEBRATING HIS BIRTHDAY.

mainemajor
08-05-2007, 08:51 PM
MNSSHP is just what the name implies - not so scary. I would be shocked if even the headless horseman scares your little one. He rides so fast its real cool. You do not want to miss it. The parade is great, hallowishes fantastic and most everyone is dressed up.
Do yourself a favor and do not worry. He will be fine and will love all the action and excitement!!!:bat::pumpkin::mpumpkin::ghost::witch :

mickey&missy
08-05-2007, 09:18 PM
He will have a great time!!!

We went on Halloween this past year with our almost 4 yr old DS and 5 yr old DD. DD is truely the worlds biggest chicken and she had no problem at all.

Don't worry, its a blast!!

fyi, all caps on a message board or similar format is considered yelling :secret:

puppypolice
08-05-2007, 09:56 PM
I apoligize for the all caps. I was unaware. Thank you for bringing to my attention so that I do not make the same mistake again. I believe my biggest concern is for those in costumes jumping out & trying to scare us (mainly my DS). As long as there are no CMs trying to make it like a haunted house, I think he is likely to be fine.

MinnieMommie
08-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Only you know what might make your child scared. My DD was not scared when she was 5 but in my experience it's not a really scarey event. :mickey:

kittylady
08-06-2007, 09:08 AM
As everyone here as said, there really isn't anything scary about it. The parade is great fun to watch, the fireworks show at night is very cool, and there are characters all throughout the park but none of them jump out and try to scare anybody. Plus, lots of lots of candy everywhere!

mickey&missy
08-06-2007, 01:53 PM
No, there isn't anyone jumping out to scare anyone. They really keep it kid friendly. I really can't say enough about how much fun it is!

GrmGrninGost
08-06-2007, 06:16 PM
He will love it! Just as the name says, it's "not so scary"! It's just a lot of fun! Go! Enjoy!:mpumpkin:

disneydaisy
08-06-2007, 09:50 PM
We went in Oct 2004 with our then DD4. The costumes I saw were all in good taste, actually a lot were Disney costumes. We did not see anyone dressed in anything that would be really frightening, nor did anyone frighten the children. However, there are a lot of the villains out and some kids do find some of these frightening. My own daughter is terrified of the witch in Snow White and wants nothing to do with her. Still terrified at 7, but has no problem with ghosts, vampires, skeletons, etc. We will be there again this October and are so excited. It's a great time, you and your family will love it.

Cinderelley
08-07-2007, 03:21 AM
I don't think the Headless Horseman would scare him. The only thing I can think of is the atmosphere at the Haunted Mansion. They make it a little bit creepier, but only you would know if that will bother him.