PDA

View Full Version : Shoes?

WeWantTheRedHead
08-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Do you need to wear shoes on Kali River Rapids?:mickey:

positive0negative
08-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Yeah, but something that dries easily. Like water shoes or crocs or something else. I mean, I don't know what the policy is, but it'd be kind of icky to go barefoot, I think.

DisneyAndRedSox
08-05-2007, 04:47 PM
I am pretty sure I took my shoes off at least once a few years ago. Now I try to wear something that will dry like tevas or crocs if I plan on doing this or Splash Mountain.

PS- WeWantTheRedHead... I LOVE the screen name!!

snifflesmcg
08-05-2007, 04:48 PM
I think I remember people in my boat taking off flip-flops and putting them in the little waterproof bin in the center. I could be wrong.

Ms.Disney
08-05-2007, 04:54 PM
I would wear crocs they are waterproof plus they are comfortable:mickey:

WDWfanatic742
08-05-2007, 05:43 PM
They made the change a few years ago to that you are not allowed to take off your shoes anymore. Like other people have said, just wear sandals or crocs and you will be fine.

IloveDisney71
08-05-2007, 05:59 PM
I always wear leather tennis shoes, they are just more comfortable for me. I put my feet up on the little foot rest that wraps around the center of the boat and my feet stay relatively dry because your feet just get a good splash instead of the "soaking" they would get if you left them on the floor of the ride(this can flood with water). I always pack an extra pair of socks just in case and a ziploc bag for soggy socks but I've never needed them (yet). Maybe I've just been lucky?!?

kakn7294
08-05-2007, 06:30 PM
If you don't mind carrying them, you could always get a pair of lightweight, cheap flip-flops to wear just for Kali and Splash if you love to wear your sneakers and don't want them soaking wet.

LoriMistress
08-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Wear flipflops, crocs, or water shoes.

IloveDisney71
08-05-2007, 07:32 PM
If you don't mind carrying them, you could always get a pair of lightweight, cheap flip-flops to wear just for Kali and Splash if you love to wear your sneakers and don't want them soaking wet.
That is a great idea! Thanks for the tip!

Speedy1998
08-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Never had a problem with wet shoes on Splash, for Kali I put my feet up on the foot rest so they just get splashed.

Anyway I would personnaly not recommend wearing any shoe that is open in the parks, just to much oppertunity for injury.

TinkerbellFan16
08-05-2007, 07:41 PM

Couldnt have said it better myself!!!!! i have to agree!:mickey:

Pop Centurion
08-05-2007, 07:48 PM
I wear expensive sneakers so I carry a pair of Nike slides in my backpack for water rides or the occasional down pour.

mttafire
08-06-2007, 02:16 PM
They made the change a few years ago to that you are not allowed to take off your shoes anymore. Like other people have said, just wear sandals or crocs and you will be fine.

Thats what we do. We always take a pair of flip flops for "wet rides". When we go on Splash mountain we also take our socks and tennis shoes off and put on the flip flops. Either myself or my wife carries a small tote to carry our shoes while on these rides.

Fantasmic
08-06-2007, 03:01 PM
I always take a pair of flip flops for the water rides (I also throw a bikini on under a poncho)
I just put everything else in a locker!

I wouldn't got to all that trouble for Splash though, you don't get that wet on it!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-06-2007, 07:53 PM
When you could take your shoes off, I know it caused a backup when getting off the ride, because everyone would stop right in the way to put their shoes back on. Maybe that's why they stopped?
In my case it wasn't my shoes getting soaked, it was my denim shorts! And those things never dry. Ick!