PDA

View Full Version : Where to send comments on new DDP?

BelleBeauty
08-05-2007, 04:24 PM
In the midst of all the new DDP changes that came out today, I know we are all gathering the information and assessing whether the DDP is even worth it anymore for our families.

I'm wondering where we can send a letter of complaint. I know it won't do much, but I feel like the DDP was such a great addition to my vacation and now we'll have to go back to mostly CS (burgers, frieds, bleh) on our trips. I just want to be able to state my opinion for the record for Disney.

Where can I send that letter? And who else wants to make their opinion know? Maybe we can ban to gether and get those appetizers back!

snifflesmcg
08-05-2007, 05:39 PM
I've been looking and looking for a phone number but can only find email. If you go to Disney World's website, you can find a place where it says to contact them. Rest assure, the DO get them and they Do respond.

A few months ago (before I even started thinking about planning a trip) I had read that they are going to be offering "Dream Weddings" to gay couples. Although I am straight, I'm glad to see them do this. I sent Disney an email telling them it was a great idea.
A week later, I got a call thanking me for my kind words and having sent the email. So, I know they keep up on their emails. Let us know what happens.

IloveDisney71
08-05-2007, 06:15 PM
I've always gotten responses to emails, but I'd like to send a "real" letter too. Let us know if you find an address.
I think Disney will get the message when they see fewer people purchasing the DDP once the changes take effect. I know I won't be purchasing it with the changes and neither will my friends and family that I've talked to about the changes. It's just not worth it for us anymore.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
08-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Letters are good, but I think these changes will take a year or two to undo...once they see that people are not purchasing the plan like they have in the past. I think a lot of guests using the plan next year will be very surprised by what it no longer includes...it could get ugly in those restaurants. Only then will these changes hopefully be reversed.

BelleBeauty
08-05-2007, 06:34 PM
I agree that it will probably take a bit to change - if they change at all - but I still want to make my opinion know.

I want ot send a real letter, I'm not satisfied with just filling out the online form (which took me FOREVER to find through the Disney website). I sent an inquiry asking for the appropriate email, phone number and mailing address for these comments.

I'll post them when they respond.

princessesmom
08-06-2007, 11:03 AM
The company address is 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521 & phone number is 1-818-560-1000.

BelleBeauty
08-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks princessesmom! :mickey:

Ms.Disney
08-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Yes I think we all need to let them know we feel:mickey: I know we will never buy it again. This upsets me because we enjoy the idea of having everything taken care of. Sure we will tip a little extra but I like knowing that I only need to bring a few extra bucks in cash. Also I would rather have the appetizer over a dessert. It gives us a chance to try new things:mickey::mickey: I really hope that they will change the new DP back to the way it was.

WishingStar2006
08-06-2007, 12:30 PM
I agree, this is probably one of the worst decisions Disney has made in years. I would have paid more to keep the dining plan the way it was than to have this change. It was all about cost containment. You knew what your cost was and could even hav it paid for before you went on vacation. There is no benefit to the plan anymore, really. Think about it...a counter service is $10, a TS is $25 and a snack is $4...total $39...cost the DDP...whooppee!

They can't tell me that Disney is losing money....why do this? Maybe it's because of the new restaurant management group???

BelleBeauty
08-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Just got a reply from Disney as to where to send comments (specificaly, WDW issues):

Executive Offices
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Or [email protected]

They ask that you include a phone number where you can be reached, full name, and email.

The letter is forwarded to appropriate department once it arrives.

DizneyRox
08-07-2007, 03:51 PM
I think Disney will get the message when they see fewer people purchasing the DDP once the changes take effect.
Money talks! That's the best way to make your opinions known.

We all know they look at the Internet to gauge public opinion, but if people keep purchasing it it doesn't carry the same weight.

Actions speak louder than words.. Cliche, but it's true...

HOLITRIN
08-08-2007, 10:47 AM
One of the suggestions we could send to Disney on the DDP is making the choice of "either appetizer or dessert" option versus just saying that you get your entree and dessert.

I believe that Disney might make a change like this seeing that some people might not be able to have dessert due to health issues (diabetes) but would opt for an appetizer instead.

If they did make this change, then a family of 4 could get a couple of appetizers and then a couple of desserts and share. :thumbsup:

BelleBeauty
08-08-2007, 01:03 PM
I agree, this is a great suggestion. And it would make the difference for me on my feelings about the new DDP plan.

We aren't going for a little while, and when we do I will crunch the numbers to see if any of the plans would be worth it. I would love to use the deluxe, premium or platinum plan, but it doesn't go with my style of comando park touring. Maybe once we have kids I will slow down and actually eat the meals and use the recreation options.