PDA

View Full Version : Fan's Water Adventure

WDWfanatic742
08-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Heh, I like the title I came up with. So here's the story before the trip even started. I thought that the trip wasn't going to be until this Friday, but it was actually last Friday and I got the call Thursday to go the next day. Then I thought that we were going to the theme parks, but it was SOOOOOOO hot up there it was nearly impossible to go to the theme parks and we still had 3 Plus options so we went to the water parks. Never been to them before so it was very interesting. Before you ask Zoo, no, I don't have any pictures because I didn't want to ruin my camera :(. Here we go:

8/3 - Left for my friends house at 5:30 am and we didn't leave for Disneyworld until 6:00 am. We actually got there really fast because his dad drove about 80 all the way up there. Got a little breakfast and went to Blizzard Beach a little after 9:00 am. Went straight up to the green peak to go ride Summit Plummet and that is an amazing slide. I was a little nervous at first, but I think everyone is the first time that you ride it. Then went to the family raft ride which I can't remember the name of right now, and that is a really cool ride and it's a long one for a water park. We ended up doing everything at least once and did Summit Plummet twice, the 8 person racing slide twice, and the family raft ride three times. Left the park around 7:00 pm so we were there for about 10 hours straight. Your feet get really banged up because everything is cement and that plastic snow really attracts that sun. For some reason, there were ALTO of guys wearing speed's that day, and I can't figure out why they every would to be honest. Anyway, for dinner, my friend and his dad went to some lobster place where his dad had like 6 lobsters and a bunch of other seafood and my friend had 7 lobsters and a couple other things as well. Then his mom, my other friend and I went to Bennigins (sp?) and had some food there and didn't get to the hotel until 11 pm or so and fell straight asleep. Very tiring day.

8/4 - Left the hotel around 8:45 am so that we would be close to opening for Typhoon Lagoon. Got in the park around 9:15, went to get a locker, and then went straight to Crush 'n' Gusher. Very good ride, just wish that they could separate the queue lines in the beginning for the two and three person raft's. I wish that they would look at pretty much every ride that they have where they have two different slides in one queue line and maybe put something in the middle to separate the rides or something. After Crush, went to Humminga (sp?) and did that a couple times before going into the surf pool for about a nice relaxing hour. Ended up doing about everything once or twice before making our final ride at Crush. Standing waiting for a three person raft to come around when the water stops and someone comes out from the middle slide trying to get the raft through it to the end. The story from what we heard was that they were going through the one slide that is short but the wildest where you do the bunny hop and the end of the ride. Raft came up off of the slide coming up at the end of the bunny hop and sent the two front people flying and the third one back onto the rollers and the water jets. She ended up walking out and was crying about the entire thing. So they had to clear each slide which took about a half hour before we could finally go. Went on the slide that they had that incident on and we would tell how they could have fell out which was really easy. Ended up going to the Shark Reef to cool off and look underwater before heading on home. Left around 6:00 pm and went to Outback at 8:00 pm around Ft. Pierce to get something to eat. Didn't get home until a little past 11:00 pm and came on VMK for a little bit but nobody was really on so I came off and went to well needed sleep.

So my review, if you have the time to go do the water parks and never have been there before, go do it. They are really fun and it's a good way to cool off during the summer heat. Word of caution though, get there pretty early. The crowds can get really bad at the slides, especially Blizzard Beach's and can fill up the park to capacity. While at Typoon Lagoon yesterday, my friend's parents went to go see a movie at DD and when they passed the park, it was closed because it was full to capacity. Never seen a water park filled to capacity before. So we still got two theme parks and one plus option left, and probably going to go in December or close to it and use the rest of those before they run out. It was a fun trip, and can't wait to go back to the water parks again :thumbsup:.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
08-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Wow, they actually flew off the ride? :eek: I haven't been to the water parks before, but from your trip it sounds pretty cool :thumbsup:Glad you had a great time!

WDWfanatic742
08-05-2007, 04:37 PM
From what we heard, the two went high enough to get passed the jets and landed in the slide to slide to the end. Thankfully, they were at the final incline and water jets, or that would have been a very bad owie.

Tinkerbell627
08-05-2007, 07:43 PM
You went on Summit Plummet? Twice? You're a brave little toaster. You'd have to pay me to go on that one. $5 for actually going on it and $10+ for the wedgie you get at the end.

As for the pictures, I know the real story: You were afraid you wouldn't meet your quota and I'd be the picture master once again. Simple as that. ;)

Glad you had a wonderful time! I haven't been to a waterpark in years. Maybe it's time we try them again.

:snorkel::surfing:

WDWfanatic742
08-05-2007, 08:18 PM
To be honest, I wasn't really even planning on going on it. It was the little 5 year old kids going on it that got me over the top to get on it. I don't think that I could live with myself if I didn't go on that.