PDA

View Full Version : prize patrol

disneydoug
08-05-2007, 01:52 PM
In the Magic Kingdom, is it more likely to run into them right after the opening of the park for the day?

Figment!
08-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Not really.

Times and places are picked at random by a computer.

DisneyGiant
08-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Pure luck of the draw. We were recently at WDW for 8 days - and never saw one prize patrol member - in any of the parks!

TheRustyScupper
08-05-2007, 11:21 PM
1) They have two sets of uniforms.
2) One for Public Relations and being friendly.
3) One when the gifts actual award
4) We surrounded one.
5) Didn't do any good - that was the PR uniform.

January-2007
08-07-2007, 09:30 AM
The two times we've won dreams it's been first thing in the morning, both at the Magic Kingdom and at MGM, so I would say yes, but that's just from our personal experience, of course it's totally luck of the draw like everyone else has said.

disneyfan328
08-07-2007, 09:35 AM
ok rusty are you going to share with us the differences in the uniforms?????????????

pretty please?????????

jusandnew
08-07-2007, 10:20 AM
My family and I are going to disney next week for my son's 12 b'day. We are hoping to get some kind of prize for him. His favarite person is stich , so we are going to the Poly for breakfast.

If there is any way to make more attention , so he can be noticed tell us the uniform colors or any other suggestions.
We are going to town hall and get a button and the pop will be giving him a button.

What time does the parks open for early days?

:party::magic:

Jared
08-07-2007, 10:23 AM
When we won pin sets at Living with the Land, the Cast Members wore white outfits. I do not know about any other costume.

Figment!
08-07-2007, 10:37 AM
If there is any way to make more attention , so he can be noticed tell us the uniform colors or any other suggestions.
There is nothing one can do to increase there chances of winning at the Disney Dreams Giveaway beyond the following:

Be inside a Disney Theme Park, Water Park or Shopping/Entertainment district between area open and 5 pm.
Spend the majority of your time visiting attractions.The only way to win a prize from the Disney Dreams Giveaway is to be at the right place at the right time.

The "time" element is bounded by opening time and 5 pm and the majority of the "places" are attraction queues, post shows and seats on attractions. So considering those two boundaries on the pool of potential times and locations, one can at least somewhat increase their chances.

See The Disney Dreams Giveaway / We won a Dream / Dream Squad Details (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=84923) for more info.

dolphinmickey9170
08-07-2007, 10:45 AM
In the eleven nights we were there in May, we only say a PR person once. So who knows. Maybe we'll have better luck this time.

3 days!!:cloud9:

LibertyTreeGal
08-07-2007, 11:42 AM
When we won at DL -- we never even saw the prize patrol! Our HM butler just informed us that the entire room had won lanyard and pin sets and handed them out. I have still never seen anyone -- but then, I don't look either.

Saddest thing I ever saw was a woman who was frantically searching the park for patrol members hoping to get something. I met up with her in front of HM -- she was dashing off to Alice because she heard they had been there, while I walked into HM and got a prize! Oddly enough, I saw her later and she looked at the lanyard around my neck and just rolled her eyes -- I'm glad she didn't ask me when/where I got it.....

johnO
08-07-2007, 11:51 AM
We saw them once while we were in WDW last February. Keep in mind we were there fo 10 Days!

countrycharmer
08-07-2007, 03:17 PM
What I recall was that the basic check it out guys were in beige khakis wish light blue shirt and a blue vest....they walk around chat, observe, etc.,,,,somethimes they will stop you and ask you if you have a minute...that is usually when the prize patrol will come...they wear beige khakis a blue shirt and white vests with sparkes on them. Always feel confident in Figment's posts, he is never wrong.