PDA

View Full Version : Please cancel your extra adrs

moe513
08-05-2007, 01:30 PM
I have had my adrs set for months but now with Japan not opening till 9/15 I need to find a new one. I cant find anything before 9:40. So please if you have extra adrs cancel the ones you can.

Strmchsr
08-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Absolutely. It's common courtesy to get your ADRs canceled if you're not going to use them. With the popularity of the DDP and the inability to get in anywhere without an ADR we make sure to only make an ADR for what we'll use. If you're staying at a concierge place they will often call for you, or you can stop by the restaurant or call while on vacation. People cancel all the time, so don't give up!

LoriMistress
08-05-2007, 03:36 PM
I would suggest calling 407-WDW-DINE around 45-30 day mark of your official arrival. There might be some people who will call to cancel or change their ADRs.

disneynarula
08-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Ditto! I am having the worst time getting an ADR at Boma for our trip the last week in September.

Jen C.
08-05-2007, 04:24 PM
I TOTALLY agree. Please cancel your extra ADR's. A neighbor of mine showed me their ADR's for the first week in September, and they have 3 TS every day at least. I asked her if she wass paying OOP for all of those and she remarked casually that, "No we'll decide which ONE to use when we're there". In a less than neighborly way I explained that htere are no ADR's to be had at that time, please cancel those she wouldn't use. Again she remarked, "I will when we know." Which she later clarified would be when they got to WDW.

Perhaps there will be a lot of "day of" cancellations. This shouldn't even be allowed to happen!:(

chrisie703
08-05-2007, 05:34 PM
:secret: I have read that if you have more than 1 ADR for a night that the system will automaticaly cancel the previous ADR's. So, while your neighbour might think she has 3, she problably only has the most recent one.
I also had a reservation for Teppanakki and had no trouble getting into Chefs de France. I also wanted the fantasmic dinner package, but it was sold out last week. I have called every day for the last week, and yesterday I got it! For 5:30pm! Keep trying, also if you havent yet, try Spoodles, you can take the boat, or walk from Epcot or MGM, and the food is excellent! Good Luck:)

snifflesmcg
08-05-2007, 05:47 PM
I just cancelled some the other day. Now somebody can get that desperately wanted Ohana's that I didn't need.
I was told by 2 CM's the resv will be deleted if they are double booked. The first was when I asked about the possiblity of my Spirit of Aloha getting cancelled during bad weather, could I plan a backup. The other, I guess since we'll be eating a late lunch and an even later dinner, we were booked twice. So I had to clarify that, yes, I will be using them both. I'm still worried one will be cancelled.
Seriously, if you aren't going to use them, you shouldn't keep them, especially during free dining.

moe513
08-05-2007, 09:08 PM
I tried spoodles and they were booked. But

Im going to keep trying. Its labor day weekend so I think thats part of the reason everything is so booked.

Jen C.
08-05-2007, 09:39 PM
I think the reason my neighbor is getting away with this is she doesnt have 3 dinners booked for the same day. She has a bkfst, early dinner late dinner type thing. Still, there is NO WAY she is using allof those. Next time, I should ask to see her list, copy the adr's and cancel them myself:thedolls:

Goofster
08-07-2007, 01:53 PM
I don't think they automatically cancel out, at least based on my experience yesterday. I had made ressies at H&V with the Fantasmic! package on 9/12 at 4:50pm. I called yesterday (due to a change of plans, we are going to AK now instead of MGM that day) to see if Boma was available for dinnner. Of course, it wasn't, so I booked the Maya Grill for 7:30pm. Within minutes, DW decided we should go to Cape May Cafe instead. So, I called WDW-DINE again and booked Cape May Cafe for 7:30. Only then, when I prompted the cast member that I needed to cancel the other 2 ADR's, were they cancelled.

My guess is, unless the times overlap in some way, they probably don't cancel out.

grumpypima
08-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Yes, please cancel your extra ADR's.

:-o I have been calling everyday for two weeks.

Joannelet
08-07-2007, 02:14 PM
I am upset about the ADR's because I just think that it isn't really fair. I call 60 days in advance and still times are sold out all of the time! I always end up replanning everything out.
I feel really bad for the families who don't get to go as often or for families that are there for the first time. How can they possible know where to book reservations and that they need ADR's in order to eat at the some of the best restaurants in the parks? For first time families I feel bad that they can't get into good restaurants because A) they really don't know about them till they get there and B) they need to have ADR's in order to get into them. (and if mine are booked 60 days out then I would think this leaves them with absolutely no chance of getting a good seat or any seat for that matter. What happened to the Disney magic?
Then there are the families that book more than 5 dinners at a time. This makes me even more mad and I know people that do this. Please please please be fair and book only one! Disney reservation cast members must work on something to prevent this from happening in the future. The dining experience has become such a hassle more than anything else.
Please make the experience enjoyable again!! This is ridiculous!!!

disney_mommy
08-07-2007, 03:26 PM
You only have to give a phone number when you reserve an ADR. You don't have to tell them your resort Conf# if you don't want to, so your friend might have various ADR's under different phone numbers. That's how they reserve them. Since there might be someone with the same name as you in the system, but not the same phone number. I agree that it doesn't seem fair, but there really isn't any way to control that aspect, since you can't mandate that the only people who can get ADR's are the ones staying On-Property.

DisneyorBust
08-07-2007, 05:09 PM
One would hope that if they were unable to make an ADR that they would have the courtesy to cancel. As a matter of fact I cancelled one earlier today due to a schedule conflict.

crazypoohbear
08-07-2007, 10:10 PM
I've been calling trying for Concourse for about a month now with no luck.
We have ressies for that night at Yacht club galley but I really wanted to try concourse.
I had double ressies on some days and the computer did cancel them :(
Luckily I was able to get the ones we needed
B

AllDisney
08-07-2007, 10:49 PM
I canceled Tony's last week and made a new reservation for Spoodles. I was lucky I got the time I wanted just 30 days out. I am sure this was because of a cancellation.

Keep calling. You might make out just fine with your reservations.

moe513
08-09-2007, 08:23 AM
I was told last night by a cm that because I need a table for 5 there isnt as many options. She said she had tables out there for 4 but not for 5.She said in general there isnt as much for 5.

glenpreece
08-09-2007, 10:01 AM
I just cancelled our Chef Mickey's 9pm on Sept 21st because it was too late. iw ant the option of going to MNSSHP if I want so Iw as able to get a nice 5pm adr at Olivia's no problem. I love that restaurant. I totally agree that you should cancel any adr's that you might not use.

tlhewitt52
08-09-2007, 03:25 PM
I canceled an ADR yesterday for the Plaza Restaurant in MK for Sept 15 at 5:50, I changed my schedule and I tried to get a later one on the 16th at WCC but no luck book solid, luckily I had one at WCC so I just kept it, but I guess with the dining plan there aren't that many option anymore everything seems to be booked!!! I hope you get what your looking for!!

jszczur5
08-09-2007, 06:25 PM
I TOTALLY agree. Please cancel your extra ADR's. A neighbor of mine showed me their ADR's for the first week in September, and they have 3 TS every day at least. I asked her if she wass paying OOP for all of those and she remarked casually that, "No we'll decide which ONE to use when we're there". In a less than neighborly way I explained that htere are no ADR's to be had at that time, please cancel those she wouldn't use. Again she remarked, "I will when we know." Which she later clarified would be when they got to WDW.

Perhaps there will be a lot of "day of" cancellations. This shouldn't even be allowed to happen!:(

When I booked my ADR's I had to give them my trip confirmation number. That means that there should be some way of tracking them. Why would it not show up on a computer screen somewhere that your friend already has 2 or 3 TS meals booked for that day? The CM taking the ADR's could then say, "Yes, I would be happy to book that restaurant for you. Which of your existing ADR's did you wish to cancel?"
That would work...

lockedoutlogic
08-09-2007, 08:02 PM
they do not automatically cancel reservations....disney does not pay anyone to be the reservation watchdog...nor does there antiquated reservations system have the capability to do it automatically.....

Someone in the dining system can pull up your dining "itinerary"...if you will...by name, ressie number, or phone number....but nothing prohibits multiple bookings.

There is this "thing" about multiple bookings that everyone denies the existence of them...but quietly...a significant number of people go ahead and do it.

IT was not much of a problem until the DDP booked the restaurants solid...maybe with the changes coming in 08...less people will use the dining plan and the system will stop being pushed to the max as it has been since 05....

Jen C.
08-09-2007, 08:59 PM
When I booked my ADR's I had to give them my trip confirmation number. That means that there should be some way of tracking them. Why would it not show up on a computer screen somewhere that your friend already has 2 or 3 TS meals booked for that day? The CM taking the ADR's could then say, "Yes, I would be happy to book that restaurant for you. Which of your existing ADR's did you wish to cancel?"
That would work...

That would work except...

Now you don't have to give the reservation number, just a phone number. :confused:

angedeaile
08-10-2007, 02:25 AM
I think the reason my neighbor is getting away with this is she doesnt have 3 dinners booked for the same day. She has a bkfst, early dinner late dinner type thing. Still, there is NO WAY she is using allof those. Next time, I should ask to see her list, copy the adr's and cancel them myself:thedolls:

I don't know why people would think it is okay to just book a whole bunch of ADRs like that. All it takes is a little research, like looking at the menus under Infocentral. Pick what you want and cancel!

It is like going to a movie and putting jackets on all the seats in your row, because you don't know which seat you want until the movie begins.

Before reading this, I just thought everyone was like me. I canceled 3 of my ADRs on Monday, because we decided not to do the DDP.
We stayed up all night going over menus again and deciding which ones got the ax.

I guess the folks that hog the ADRs are those that just don't know any better. We understand how it effects others, because we are part of a Disney community.:mickey: We also do our research!

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-17-2007, 09:08 PM
:blush: I cancelled my extra ADR's today for Wolfgang, Concourse steakhouse, and Brown Derby Fantasmic. Sorry for having the extras. I will be more considerate next time, especially if there's another free DDP next year. :D

dyin tago
08-17-2007, 09:47 PM
actually,I just spoke to a cm at the dining reservations number and she informed me that they now cancel the older reservation automatically if you double book dining times.

this will eliminate people who book more than one dinner in a day and decide when the day comes which one to have.

jszczur5
08-17-2007, 09:49 PM
It is like going to a movie and putting jackets on all the seats in your row, because you don't know which seat you want until the movie begins.
!

Great analogy, I love it.
If only the reservation takers would/could police the ADR situation as easily as the movie theatre attendant can!!

Jen C.
08-17-2007, 09:51 PM
actually,I just spoke to a cm at the dining reservations number and she informed me that they now cancel the older reservation automatically if you double book dining times.

this will eliminate people who book more than one dinner in a day and decide when the day comes which one to have.

That's all well and good...if they use the same phone number, or give the reservation # each and everytime they make a new ADR. If they don't, there is absolutely no way that they could attach the ADR's to the same person. So, a person could call once with their res # and make an ADR for 7 pm. They could call back and give their home ph# and make another adr at 7 pm, and the CM would be none the wiser. Thus the reason for the problems of the free dining season!

Lizzie
08-17-2007, 11:58 PM
I booked our Sept trip in June. And couldn't get ADR's at some of the new places I wanted to try. We never have our trip planned out 180 days in advance. I hope someday to try Le Celliear and a few others I can never get into.

aurorafan
08-19-2007, 10:55 AM
I guess I'm naive because I assumed people would make ADRs for the places they wanted, then if schedules/desires changed they would cancel the previous ADR and make their new one. I've been lucky because I haven't had any problems getting/changing my ADRs, but then we're going in Oct. and not for free dining so I'm sure that makes the difference. I hope everyone is able to get what they want, or at least have great dining experiences!

merlinmagic4
08-19-2007, 11:32 AM
This was an interesting thread to read. I would never book more than one dinner thinking I could decide which one I wanted to do that day but I know plenty of people who would! Actually, the first thing I do when I make a change to our schedule is call to change my ADRs (if I have them). Many people feel they are entitled because they are spending a "lot of money" at Disney. They would see nothing wrong with it at all, which is definitely sad. I see this attitude with lots of people who go to Disney. It's like their money is greener than mine :D

LibertyTreeGal
08-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Oh my goodness, I couldn't imagine purposefully booking multiple ADR's for a day and only planning to use one of them.

It's just not very nice!

magicofdisney
08-20-2007, 09:05 AM
That's all well and good...if they use the same phone number, or give the reservation # each and everytime they make a new ADR. If they don't, there is absolutely no way that they could attach the ADR's to the same person. So, a person could call once with their res # and make an ADR for 7 pm. They could call back and give their home ph# and make another adr at 7 pm, and the CM would be none the wiser. Thus the reason for the problems of the free dining season!
I agree that there are ways around the system but this problem exist ALL year long, not just during free dining.

bleukarma
08-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Everybody keep trying!! Last week I got Le Cellier ressie’s for September 15th. People do cancel, I just wish more people would be as considerate.

I agree with having the CM on the phone controlling it somehow but I really don’t know how. Last week when I called to see if anything other then The Plaza was booked I gave my cell number earlier in the day and my home when I got the Le Cellier ADR’s. I didn’t do it on purpose, I just forgot which number I used the first time. Of course when I got the Le Cellier ressies I promptly told the CM that I need to cancel the Plaza ADR’s. Even though they were overlapping times she didn’t know I had Plaza ADR’s, probably because of the change in phone number. I just wonder how many people out there that won’t even bother to cancel the original because they don’t know how it clogs up the system? I miss the good old days when I could just go to guest relations when I got in the park and make my ADR’s for that day. It figures, now that I have the means to “splurge” on a Disney restaurant every now and then I have to know when, where and what time weeks (if not months) in advance so I can get in.

Mickey'sGirl
08-20-2007, 09:47 AM
I just bought and read Fodor's Walt Disney World with Kids for 2008 -- They actually recommend multiple bookings as a strategy if you can believe it! They also recommended joining "your husband with your children as he reaches the last turn of a queue" --- Lots of bad form .... Maybe I should write a letter....:mad:

merlinmagic4
08-20-2007, 10:48 AM
I just bought and read Fodor's Walt Disney World with Kids for 2008 -- They actually recommend multiple bookings as a strategy if you can believe it! They also recommended joining "your husband with your children as he reaches the last turn of a queue" --- Lots of bad form .... Maybe I should write a letter....:mad:

I'll write one if you will.............That's really bad :thedolls:

BugeyedMuggy
08-20-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm just replying to this thread to keep the title on top of the Dining section. I think alot of people dont understand all the problems they cause double booking. Maybe if they see this some will cancel the extras.

Jen C.
08-20-2007, 12:45 PM
I agree that there are ways around the system but this problem exist ALL year long, not just during free dining.

ABSOLUTELY this is a year round problem. I was referring to the fact that the issue is more pronounced by the free dining promotion, as there are many more people trying to secure TS at least once a day. ADR's are more difficult to come by during this promotion.:)

bleukarma
08-20-2007, 01:04 PM

I think we should all ban together and write a letter!!! :mad:

Clotho
08-20-2007, 02:48 PM
That Fodor's tip is appalling!!:mad: