PDA

View Full Version : Feb. tent camping

Deesdisney
08-05-2007, 12:20 PM
:confused:O.K. It looks like Dec. is out and Feb. is in. However I wanted to find out some info on tent camping. Has anyone camped in Feb. with a tent? Was it really cold at night? My mom and dad have a 5th wheel and we will be bringing a tent for me and my sister. Can we do that? Also my mom and dad will be there a wk before so can we add on to the campsite as people show up or do we have to pay for the full group for 3 wks.? We are only paying for the campsite no packages.

ibrowse17
08-05-2007, 03:14 PM
We tent camped at FW last Feb, and really enjoyed it. We stayed for a week and only had cold weather one of those nights. We also had no rain during the time, and it was warm for most of our stay. That being said, the weather in Feb can change at a moments notice, so be prepared for any type of weather. You can have a tent and trailer at the same site, but may have to pay the extra adult fee. This is only 2 bucks a night per adult, so no big deal. Have a great trip:thumbsup:

faline
08-05-2007, 07:57 PM
If you're an experienced tent camper, have camped when it has fallen below freezing before, and your sleeping bags can handle cold weather, you should be fine.

February in Disney World can range from mild to quite chilly. At night, when you get a cold snap, temperatures can go into the 40's or even lower.

WVDisneyFan
08-07-2007, 03:01 PM
We use a small electric space heater and a long extension cord. It heats up the tent in no time and also helps with any dampness.

Jasper
08-07-2007, 03:18 PM
I would just ditto what the others have already said about it being a roll of the dice at that time of the year. There are MANY nice days and nights that time of year in Orlando and there are also some cold ones in there as well. If you are prepared with sleeping bags/ blankets/portable heaters you should be fine. Remember, even though it may get into the 30's or 40's it is rather unusual for it to dip below freezing that far south in February.

Of course you also don't mention what part of Febraury you are talking about. The later in the month the less chance of getting a really cold night or cold spell.