PDA

View Full Version : Question about Ride Closures

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Please, Please don't take this as a negative question..I just really wanted to ask if there are people that plan their vacation to WDW around ride closures??

I know we plan around crowds, etc. I was just wondering if there are people that would move their vacation if a favorite ride was closed??

We are really bummed that Spaceship Earth is going to be closed and thankful that we should see HM since it is scheduled to open right after we get there. We do not ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster so that is not an issue for us. We get bummed when closures are during our vacation time but, it is really not too much of an issue for us. I am more upset about the crane always being there when we are...lol. ;)

We did not consider moving our vacation because of SE. Even though my kids are really most upset that they are missing it. We are just thinking about our next trip a little earlier then we normally would.

I was just curious if there are rides that someone would consider such a favorite that they would move their vacation if it was closed.

:)

snifflesmcg
08-05-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm not going to move my trip even though a very large amount of things are going to be closed during my trip. Everything is pretty much set in stone and I'm not going to go thru the trouble of moving ADR's, hotels and flights for a few rides.

However, if I would have known in May when I booked my vacation that these would have been closed, I might have changed the dates.

PirateLover
08-05-2007, 11:57 AM
It's always rough when there are ride closures. If my trip was already booked then no, I wouldn't cancel. However if I was still in the planning stages and found out that a few of my favorites were going to be closed, then yea, I might change my plans to visit after they've reopened.

battle beast
08-05-2007, 12:13 PM
If I have booked my trip, and a Ride closes, I CANNOT reschedual my trip becuase it would cost too much. They make me pay for cancellations, etc, so I have to grin and bare it. :shrug:

droopy d.
08-05-2007, 01:41 PM
We always look ahead for closures and try to plan accordingly but sometimes things happen. We don't change our plans, just hope they reopen while we are their.

rnin02
08-05-2007, 05:55 PM
If I knew ahead of time, I might have changed our dates slightly, but not more than by a week or so either way. We would still go about the same time of year, but if I could miss a rehab, I would.

IloveDisney71
08-05-2007, 06:02 PM
I wouldn't change a trip because of ride closures. I look at it this way - it just gives me another reason to go back when my favorite ride reopens! :mickey:

i AM Peter Pan
08-05-2007, 09:39 PM
WHOA!! Post #1! Helloooooo everyone.....
Checked you all out several times, but just today decided to join in. High hopes for many new friends.

To the business at hand. We just came back from WDW less than a week ago, and as a rookie to this site, the family and I were bummed to discover SE closed, but the HM nixing about gave me a cardiac arrest. Although I've been visiting there since the summer of '72, I was unaware of the vast info here at this site. We were devastated, as the HM is our absolute fave.

YES! Had we known, we would have literally moved back the vacation another year so as to not miss it........

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-05-2007, 10:21 PM
WHOA!! Post #1! Helloooooo everyone.....
Checked you all out several times, but just today decided to join in. High hopes for many new friends.

To the business at hand. We just came back from WDW less than a week ago, and as a rookie to this site, the family and I were bummed to discover SE closed, but the HM nixing about gave me a cardiac arrest. Although I've been visiting there since the summer of '72, I was unaware of the vast info here at this site. We were devastated, as the HM is our absolute fave.

YES! Had we known, we would have literally moved back the vacation another year so as to not miss it........

:welcome: to Intercot..as a poster. ;)

Sorry you did not know about the closures before your trip. Intercot is awesome for all of those details. I hope your vacation was great even though you had to miss HM.

DisneyGiant
08-05-2007, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't change a trip because of ride closures. I look at it this way - it just gives me another reason to go back when my favorite ride reopens! :mickey:

Same here. We're very lucky that we frequently visit the parks (mainly due to the DVC).

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-05-2007, 11:28 PM
I wouldn't change my trip for ride closures. My favorite ride is RnRC and its shut now - but I still booked in Septemeber. Now if you've been reading other threads you might know I cant get my refund for the airfare even though my buddy isnt going with me...but even if I choose to do a solo trip (I have to know by Tuesday), I still won't mind it being shut...more time for the ToT...A goal would be 50 times in 5 days :D

Chris :hatter:

Polynesian Dweller
08-05-2007, 11:57 PM
If I planned my vacations around re-furbishments and closures I don't know if I'd ever be able to go. There are always things being improved for my future enjoyment. So, I just go and have fun with what's available and there's always enough. :mickey: