PDA

View Full Version : Baby care centers

poohbearkris
08-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Hi, I was just wondering if the baby care centers were centrally located in all of the parks, or are they a hassel to get to if you are at one end of the park or another. I will be bringing my DS 3 1/2 months and will still be breastfeeding and love the idea of the baby care center, but don't want to have to trek across the park every time he wants to eat. Thanks,
Kris

wdw_bound
08-05-2007, 11:36 AM
At MK, it is just around the way from Crystal Palace. Not too hard to get to, but you might not want to rely on it exclusively. DS enjoyed a snack in Philharmagic and the Country Bear Jamboree as well.

At Epcot, it is between WS and FW. DS also dined in the Land Pavillion during the Circle of Life video.

At MGM, it is near the entrance (with Guest Services. I don't recall feeding DS anywhere else.

I don't remember where it is in AK, but I do remember it being very nice - given the heat at AK, I was glad to go back there whenever we needed it.

The babycare centers are great. If you are shy about nursing, my best advice is to pay attention to your baby's cues and/or schedule and not wait until baby is starving to start making your way to the center. You will see plenty of people nursing at WDW, not just in the baby care centers. While I am not shy, I am modest and generally found there were alternatives to the baby care centers that were cool and dark and comfortable for both of us.

Have a great trip!

poohbearkris
08-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks fir the info. I found another post w/replies that has some good ideas also. I am not shy about feeding baby, but like to be discreet as not to offend anybody. Thanks again.

chefmickey3
08-05-2007, 12:01 PM
We have depended on the baby care centers in the last few years. The nursing area is very quiet and comfortable (thinking rocking chairs with foot stools!) My older children loved the playroom with videos and coloring. The area for changing diapers is bright and cheerful and extremely clean (beats the bathroom anytime!) The only one we haven't used is AK. MGM is smaller than the others and near the entrance.
I agree with pp, although we have used the baby care centers my DSx3 have nursed many places throughout the World comfortably. My favorite is still HM, but any dark movie or attraction works fine. Enjoy your trip!

pixiesmimi
08-05-2007, 05:37 PM
We went in June when my DD was still nursing her DS. There was only one Baby Care Center in MK by the Crystal Palace but it was great. While we were in Fantasyland, she walked back over there to nurse and it didn't take her very long to walk over and back but she found a lot of other areas to nurse the rest of the day. In Toon Town, she just walked around the corner from Minnie's House by the railroad towards where the characters go in and out and sat down near some flowers in the shade and no one ever came around there. If they did, they couldn't see her. The dark rides were good also and during the night parade. I was right next to her and didn't even notice myself. So there are plenty of places that aren't noticable. I would like to see them at least put another care center on the other side of the park though for convenience. I was a little surprised that there was only one.

Imagineer1981
08-06-2007, 05:39 PM
I agree with pp, although we have used the baby care centers my DSx3 have nursed many places throughout the World comfortably. My favorite is still HM, but any dark movie or attraction works fine. Enjoy your trip!

Just remember that there are cameras on all the rides, dark rides as well, and if you don't want CMs to see something you don't want anyone else to, make sure you are covered up!

poohbearkris
08-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the warning!! I am sure I will find some off the beaten path spots, and during some of the longer rides, it should be fine. Thanks for all of the info.