PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Tails/Canada Pavilion

Bringonthemouse!
08-05-2007, 10:56 AM
I think this topic has been posted already but I couldn't seem to find it.

Is it true that Beaver Tails are no longer available in the Canadian pavilion in EPCOT? Please, somebody say it isn't so!

LibertyTreeGal
08-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I remember the topic too. As I recall, they weren't making a sufficient profit on them so they had to discontinue :(

Flower
08-06-2007, 09:10 AM
I actually recently contacted the company and they confirmed that they will not be back at EPCOT:mad:

But wait!! You are in Peterborough???!!!!! There is a Beaver Tail booth at the Toronto Zoo!!!!! We had one about a month ago!!!!! I just went to their website and it says there is a mobile beaver tails in the Peterborough area for fairs,festivals & events. I know they were at the Orono fair last year.

Caroleh
08-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Also we find Beaver Tails at the CNE. We will be going on Labor Day Weekend to see the air show for the DH and for me to get Tiny Tom's donuts and beaver tails!!!

xipetotec
08-06-2007, 10:36 AM
I think this topic has been posted already but I couldn't seem to find it.

Is it true that Beaver Tails are no longer available in the Canadian pavilion in EPCOT? Please, somebody say it isn't so!

yes, I contacted the Beavertails company when I first saw this and they said that they had been unable to agree on a new contract with Disney. It Is unfortunate

Gator
08-06-2007, 04:53 PM
It had to do with the Dining Plan. The snack credit is/was only up to $4. Beaver Tails sold for $5-6. So people were not using snack credits to get them. They were going elsewhere to get snacks. The profit factor disappeared and so did they. So if you need to point a finger at something, point at the DDP.

Polynesian Dweller
08-06-2007, 05:01 PM
It had to do with the Dining Plan. The snack credit is/was only up to $4. Beaver Tails sold for $5-6. So people were not using snack credits to get them. They were going elsewhere to get snacks. The profit factor disappeared and so did they. So if you need to point a finger at something, point at the DDP.

I agree that this is a likely component but it may be a bit more complicated. The price for a snack was a bit high when you could get other food around for similar prices. Since another post indicated that Beavertails couldn't re-negotiate a contract, it would seem that they couldn't get a low enough concession cost with Disney to be able to lower the price of the snack.