PDA

View Full Version : Best stateroom location

Swimmergirl
08-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Hello! I'm hoping someone can recommend a good stateroom location (either specific room or just general area on the ship). I've looked over the maps and am very confused! My husband and I are booked on a 4 night cruise to celebrate his return from a military deployment! :flag: We want a room that's pretty quiet since we're light sleepers. We have category 7 rooms (navigator's verandah). Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
--Amy

angedeaile
08-05-2007, 12:57 AM
I have the PERFECT site for you. It has reviews of almost every stateroom on both Wonder and Magic. I will PM you the link :mickey:

ElenitaB
08-05-2007, 12:18 PM
The "best" stateroom location is fairly subjective: I want something mid-ship because I've been told that you feel less "movement" there. If you suffer from seasickness, apparently, mid and low (i.e., on one of the lower decks) is the place to be. There are thirty Category 7 staterooms and they're located on decks 5, 6 and 7. Four of them (6134, 6634, 7120 and 7620) were originally cat 5 and 6 cabins but due to the obstructed view on the verandah, were made Cat 7.

We loved our mid-ship location. We were able to use the stairs or the elevator and be almost anywhere on the ship in no time. I thought it would be noisy for us to be near an elevator but we rarely heard noise from the hallway. With a Cat 7, I'd still try for a location near the elevators/stairs as we found it nice to be able to access other decks quickly.

Have a WONDERful vacation!

adoptionislove
09-21-2007, 11:11 PM
We are going in March and we have a cat 6 stateroom, can you PM me the site that tells us about the rooms as well?

Thank you:mickey:

GreenBeetle
09-22-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm sure you'll get lots of different responses to this question, so I'll throw my :twocents: in to the mix.

We just returned from the 4 day Wonder. We could not have been happier with our stateroom (#6048) and location. It was a Cat. 6 (with verandah) mid-ship on Deck 6. I was also told mid-ship was best to avoid motion sickness. We never felt a thing. (Until the last night in Animator's Palette . . . but that's another story for my trip report.) And we never heard a sound from our neighbors or other passengers in the hallway. I would absolutely request the same room/location next time. :cool:

TammiMcMan
09-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Definitely personal preference when it comes to the "best" location. If you have children who will be utilizing the clubs, then being on deck 5 may be a good choice for you. There are a limited number of staterooms, so hallway noise is going to be at a minimum and it's a really convenient location to the club, lab and theatre. My other personal favorite is deck 7, towards the back of the ship. There is a nice public deck there, that not a lot of people use. Many think that it's a private deck :secret:.

ElenitaB
09-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT, adoptionislove!