PDA

View Full Version : 4 Year Old Must Ddo's

Lucyrella
08-04-2007, 03:37 PM
:mickey:WEll everyone we are leaving in exactly 3 weeks and I am making my final preparation lists, and must see and do's list. Now I have been to Disney several times and can see the magic from an adults perspective, but what should I have on the list for my little princess that is turning 4 while we are there? What are the things that people don't think about while they are there and lost in the magic? Thanks!:cloud9:

lindique
08-04-2007, 04:03 PM
In my opinion, do not miss:
Turtle Talk with Crush
The Nemo Ride
The Nemo Show
Little Mermaid Show
The Lion King Show
and, of course, it's a small world!

vamaggie
08-04-2007, 04:24 PM
When we went when DS was 4 he loved:
Splash Mtn
Peter Pan
Goofy's barnstormer
anything in Toontown
any chance to meet/hug/attack characters
ITTBAB (but we had him sit on our lap so he would not get the "feel" too much and we could hold him--he loved it)

MickeysEars
08-04-2007, 06:40 PM
my daughter loved anything "princess" The meals and meetings were the best. Also, we had her piture taken on one of the green screens that placed her in a picture will ALL her favotite princesses.

pixiesmimi
08-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Where are these green screens?

tinksmom02
08-04-2007, 10:42 PM
My daughter loved its a small world, BTMRR, and Buzz Lightyear's space spin. She also got into pin trading, don't know if that's something you want to start, though! $$ LOL

SuzieN
08-05-2007, 12:03 AM
We were at WDW last Feb. My sons were 9 and 7 and my daughter was 1 month shy of 4. She rode on EVERYTHING with us. The only things she skipped were Expedition Everest and Space Mountain as she was not tall enough! She loved it all!:mickey:

squishy445
08-05-2007, 12:13 AM
If she loves princesses you should take her to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Bootique in Marketplace, depending on the package that get, she chuild get her hair and makeup done and get an outfit to be whatever princess or Disney girl she wants, such as Alice or Minnie Mouse. They are supposed to be opening one in the castle in MK but I don't know when it is scheduled to open. Also, take her to as many of the character meetings as you can becasue she will only remember so much but pictures and autograph she will have forever.

MickeysEars
08-05-2007, 12:40 AM
pixismimi, in the MK, go to the film and photo shop on Main street. In EPCOT (where we did it) we went to the area at the end of the Figment ride. It was awesome. We have done it 3 times. Another one was my daughter in a bath with Poh and friends. The best was at Christmas time we look as though we are decorating the Christmas tree with Mickey and the gang!

LibertyTreeGal
08-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Aha! No one has mentioned MK's best kept secret -- Storytime with Belle. It's on the right side of the castle as you are walking into the park, and she does an interactive story several times a day. Belle chooses kids from the audience to be in the play with her, and it is just wonderful. My boys got to be Gaston and Papa. It may always be my favorite Disney memory.

pixiesmimi
08-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Thank you, Mickeysears. That is the first time I have heard of that. Do you get to choose the scene? Can you put this on the photopass?

dinahvixen
08-06-2007, 12:14 AM
Also did not know about the princess picture. We are going with 6 year old princess junkie in 37 days and will definitely be on the lookout. BTW, in answer to the original post, when DD was 4, we took her to CRT for lunch and it was the best thing we could have done for her. We also told the hotel at check in that it was DD's bday (it really was), and they left a signed Cinderella card in our room for her when we got back to our hotel - coincidentally, it was right after our lunch with Cinderella! She truly loved it. She loved the lunch so much that we can't go back b/c I don't think we can match the experience and I am afraid she'll be disappointed.

Lucyrella
08-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Well thanks everyone for all the input. It sounds like I am right on track with our plans. I love the green screen idea, and with my husband owning a video production company I am sure he would even be interested in this. So that is something new to put on the list I wasn't aware of.

Our plans include her birthday dinner at the GF, dinner at the castle, trips to the MK to see if we can wake up Tink, and do the other things mentioned in this thread, a breakfast with the princesses in hopes to see Mulan and Sleeping Beauty, the Magical LIttle Ones hour and of course the princess and pirate party as well as a dinner at Chef Mickeys.

Keep the other ideas coming, I love learning about new things.:mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
08-06-2007, 01:16 PM
While every child is different, my recommendation would be for something to AVOID - Snow White's adventures in MK. We've known many kids, including our own, to be a little terrified after that particular ride. With all the fun things to do for a 4 year-old, the 'darkness' of SW is something to skip.

And don't forget some time in the afternoon back at your resort by the pool - my kids loved those couple hours during the heat of the day. Have a great time.

scootch713
08-06-2007, 01:26 PM
They have a family fun day parade down main street. You line up 10 min before the time by the popcorn stand just to the right of the castle(if you are standing looking at the castle). The grab people quick, so be sure you are there. My girls got to be pompom girls with Daisy duck(oh.. i got to be one too, haha).

My girls favorite thing is spectromagic at MK and playhouse disney show at MGM. They were afraid of the Lion King show..(which I was surprised) last year.. at age 4 and almost 7.

mickey&missy
08-06-2007, 01:48 PM
For her birthday go to guest services at the parks and get her a It's My Birthday Button!! Along the way in whichever park tell CM's at rides etc that its her birthday, she may get a little suprise. Things like the CM having everyone online sing to her or a special treat etc...

Also, if your staying in a WDW resort dial 0 on the phone and they'll send a special birthday message to your phone. You can also tell the CM's when checking into the hotel, she may get a birthday card from Mickey and Minnie.

TBY2225
08-06-2007, 03:01 PM
We took our 4 year old daughter last year and she had a blast! Her favorite things were hands down:

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Pop Century Hippy Dippy Pool ( any pool)
Princess Storybook Breakfast ( Epcot/Norway)

rides: suprising to us,
Big Thunder Mt RR!
Tea Cups!
Space Mountain!

The BBB is expensive, but she talks about it every day! It was so impressive to her that she tells everyone about it! It truely was the highlight of the trip!

mook3y
08-06-2007, 05:22 PM
If your son likes Nemo, do NOT miss turtle talk with crush.

That show is just awesome!

MOJoe
08-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Don't forget Disney Playhouse Live in MGM. It is a great show for small kids.

Tinksmom
08-07-2007, 10:22 AM
We took our DD for her 4th Birthday back in February. She was so excited to be able to ride the "big" ride this time, so ToT and Splash were her favorite rides. But an overlooked thing that she absolutely LOVED were the Dance Parties. They have one during the EMH at MGM in the Playhouse Disney show building. They had 3 during the P&P party. One in Fantasyland and 2 in Tomorrowland. (the one in Cosmic Ray's was dead)
She'll LOVE the BBB. Make sure you tell them it's her birthday and they give her a special "Birthday Princess" sash. DD got much more attention off of the then the Birthday button. Have a magical time!

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Don't forget Disney Playhouse Live in MGM. It is a great show for small kids.

Yep! I get teary-eyed :crying: watching our little ones enjoy the show! It's so MAGICAL!

RaRaRoundTheWorld
08-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Thank you for this post! I loved reading the ideas!!!

Marker
08-07-2007, 11:24 PM
A 4 year old must....

... have fun!!!
... have a voice in where you go and what you do once you are in the park.
... be allowed to enjoy the attractions THEY enjoy (you may even find yourself seeing attractions you previously considered a waste of real estate to be very important once you see in from the eyes of a young child)
... be allowed to rest when tired.
... be allowed to slow down and enjoy where they are.
... be allowed to dictate the pace, no matter how slow.
... be allowed to have fun (with what they condsider fun)

You can never go back have that FIRST WDW experience ever again, but almost better is to see that FIRST WDW experience in the eyes of a child, especially in the eyes of your child.