PDA

View Full Version : The worst ride for my back!

yasmina
08-04-2007, 03:37 PM
During our recent trip, there were alot of rides that my dh just couldn't do - ToT, any ride that goes upside down, ie. RnR. So it was up to me to ride with the kids.

The only ride that caused serious problems for my back (some of you know that I've previously posted about my back problems) was the Speedway in MK! We got one of the cars where the driver was on the left (like in England). The gas pedal was too difficult to push for our daughters ( who are, btw, very fit and muscular. DD11 got an award for sit-ups in gym this year - blew away all her other classmates, including the boys).

So dh & I had to press the accelerator for them. OMG! The pain! I had horrible pain radiating all the way down my leg into my foot for the rest of the day. During most of the ride, I had to press on my knee to hold my foot down on the pedal, and it was still awful. That was the only day of the trip that I wished for an EVC. The rest of the time, I was good with my cane/seat while standing in lines.

Now I SO appreciate our local amusement park which changed their driving ride to automatic accelerators, no pedal required.

Christine
08-04-2007, 06:35 PM
That is a rough one!

I have a "tricky" back as well, and on our last trip, Goofy's Barnstormer absolutely tore me up!

I was in pain for two days after riding that!

MickeysEars
08-04-2007, 06:44 PM
I had a little problem with Big Thunder. My back has issues as it is and it was a little bumpy.

mainemajor
08-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Watch out for Primevil whril at AK if you have back problems. It's real jerky and not very comfortable at all.:(

SBETigg
08-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Watch out for Primevil whril at AK if you have back problems. It's real jerky and not very comfortable at all.:(

Yes, my dh has some back trouble and this is the only ride that has ever really hurt him.

yasmina
08-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Yes, my dh has some back trouble and this is the only ride that has ever really hurt him.

Yes, that one caused some problems for me too, not as bad as the Speedway though! That's another one dh couldn't ride b/c of the spinning.

Hard to believe, but the PW was far worse for me than Expedition Everest!

Marilyn Michetti
08-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Big Thunder MRR, for me. I also, (think) EE would be a problem. Test track was, hmmmm, but I did it twice anyway.

This is what chiropractors are for.:blush:

crazypoohbear
08-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Primevil Whirl
Space mountain (very jerky IMO)
BTMRR
Dinosaur
Body wars - if it still exists:blush:
Astro Orbiter - this spins you so fast it throws off your spine
Test Track
Star tours - again very jerky
I love the HM because of when you turn backwards, that feels good on my back:D

magicman
08-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Interestingly, no rides hurt my back (which is pretty sensitive to jarring, etc.), but sitting in the bleachers at MGM hurt my back ("Indi Stunt Show", then "Lights, Motors, Action", then "Beauty & The Beast", then "Fantasmic", then...lots of Advil).:old:

LibertyTreeGal
08-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Mulholland Madness at DCA whips you around -- there should have been ambulance chasers passing out business cards at the exit....

DNS
08-07-2007, 12:23 PM
I love Dinosaur, but last trip, I decided to skip it because it tends to get my back hurting. For me it's the jerking all over. I think mostly the side to side jerking.

Figgyluv03
08-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Interestingly, no rides hurt my back (which is pretty sensitive to jarring, etc.), but sitting in the bleachers at MGM hurt my back ("Indi Stunt Show", then "Lights, Motors, Action", then "Beauty & The Beast", then "Fantasmic", then...lots of Advil).:old:

I agree! I can go on anything, but sitting for that long kills me!!!!!

moe513
08-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Dinosaur gets me. We rode it once 4 times in a row because there was a thunder storm so we just kept getting on and off, finally I said no more lets go out in the fresh air and rain.

mrsgaribaldi
08-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Space Mountain hurts my back the most. Primevil Whirl is second but not when we sit squished together. :blush:Once we asked to sit in each compartment alone and I almost died it was so painful. never again;)