PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay in March

Tink&Goofy
08-04-2007, 01:17 PM
We are going next March - the week after Easter (I know, it will be crazy crowded!). As of now, we are booked for half the stay at BCV (home resort) and half at AKV (add on). I want to change our ressies at the 7 month mark, to be all at one location - but which one?? We have never stayed at BCV, even though it is our home resort. Obviously, we have never stayed at AKV. We have stayed at BWV, and LOVED it! So which to choose? Since it is going to be crowded, are the buses from AKV going to be an issue? Should we stay more central? We are not big pool people, but will it be nice enough to enjoy the pool? HELP - I need some experienced insight!!

True Disney Fan
08-04-2007, 06:38 PM
:secret:If you have never had a stay at the Villas of Wilderness Lodge, you might want to consider them. They are beautiful and very convenient to just about everywhere.

You have the boats/busses to MK, the boats to the Contemporary and then the Monorail to the TTC. From there are buses to a lot of locations around the area. It is very close to the MK if that happens to be favorite with the family.:thumbsup:

The rooms are great and the decor is of the old NorthWest. Very comfortable. I too will be there in March.Have a two bedroom for the family.:mickey::mickey:

Tink&Goofy
08-04-2007, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=True Disney Fan;1377601
The rooms are great and the decor is of the old NorthWest. [/QUOTE]

Since we are in Oregon, we would feel right at home!:D I love the proximity to MK, but when we go on vacation, experiencing something other than home is part of the fun. Eventually, I would like to try ALL of the resorts. Its just too hard of a choice!

DISNEYFIX
08-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Let's hear from all our March people for a little help here. We booked the BCV im March for 9 days will it be warm enough to enjoy SAB? Will they do any Pirate & Princess type stuff? Any suggestions?
Thanks
Chris

dlpmikki
08-05-2007, 02:43 AM
It will definitely be warm enought to swim! In March I suspect AKL will be more laid back than BCV but being able to walk to Epcot is a big plus. If it was me I would probably be tempted to split the stay between the two properties!

I don't think there will be Pirates and Princess parties in March as they tend to do those in the quieter seasons to tempt people to come. March is probably busy enough already.

Maleficent's Dad
08-05-2007, 08:49 PM
It will definitely be warm enought to swim! In March I suspect AKL will be more laid back than BCV but being able to walk to Epcot is a big plus. If it was me I would probably be tempted to split the stay between the two properties!
:exactly:
This is what I was going to say/suggest.
The BCV are just awesome for the convenience of EPCOT. You may not be into pools, but SAB is pretty special.

And I'd like to try the VAKL myself...

DISNEYFIX
08-06-2007, 05:54 AM
The old split stay will be coming and it will be between the VAKL conceirge and the BCV. Do you guys have a reccomended length of splitting? We were thinking about 2-3 days at VAKL then 5-6 at the BCV. Bring on SAB.
Thanks
Chris