PDA

View Full Version : Logos

ShelbyAD
08-04-2007, 11:17 AM
Anyone here know anything about creating Logos?

MsMin
08-04-2007, 11:35 AM
My dd does it for a living as a graphic artist. Are you looking for some tips on how to create your own? I've watched the kids make them when she had group projects. I think it's best to start w/ a little brain storming and research..

ElenitaB
08-04-2007, 01:52 PM
I spent quite a few years working as a graphic designer and before striking out on my own, I worked in a design studio with some true masters! Like MsMin says, the best thing is to start out by spending some time doing research and brainstorming (what do you want to portray... your logo is indeed your most visual representation of your brand).

Dracula766
08-06-2007, 06:49 PM
what kind of look are you going for?

I may be able to help you with some ideas.

ShelbyAD
08-07-2007, 08:44 AM
That's the whole thing. I have no clue what I am looking for. It's for a home based jewelry business.

offwego
08-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Does it have a name? or Initials to use? Is there a signature type you work on? Or a colour you come back to over and over?

ShelbyAD
08-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Does it have a name? or Initials to use? Is there a signature type you work on? Or a colour you come back to over and over?
The name is: Kelley's Korner. Don't really have a "signature" piece. The colors that I like are Purple & Hunter Green.

I do work alot with Swarovski crystals. One of my step-daughter's came up with an idea of putting a "crystal" in between Kelley's & Korner. I kind of like that idea. I was also thinking of making the crystal an Emerald color.

I was thinking of putting it in the corner of the paper, but I think that might be hard to do (on my own - may be too expensive to have someone do it).

What do you think?

offwego
08-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Well if you have a colour printer you could use that to create cards and then just use (of a lesser quality perhaps) the crystals on business cards but not stationary (which of course gets thrown out).

If you play with images around (doodling) you can likely scan it and get it resized for your cards..or since your mostly via craft shows keep it in an elegant font that is legible (since you'll want people to be able to read it later). I mean Nike's "swoosh" is cool and all but you want people to be able to look you up in a list of booths not "see you" in a field of running feet.

Dracula766
08-07-2007, 05:47 PM
If the jewelry is more on the elegant side then I would suggest using a light script font that is easy to read.

If the stuff is a bit more stylish then I'd say go with something a little edgier.

or maybe something in between.

Here is my friend's logo. I worked on her business cards awhile back
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c303/dracula766/monicalogo.jpg

If I have some downtime tonight I'll play with some ideas. :thumbsup:

ShelbyAD
08-08-2007, 08:23 AM
I did some doodling and having something in between Kelley's & Korner did not look good. I did find some images on the net and came up with 2 of them. They are not in the color I would like, but I'm hoping with the help of a computer program I can change the color.

As far as the style. I have some elegant pieces, some stylish, some plain/simple, and some that are "out there". It's a mix of all kinds of styles.

Is there a way to post an "outside" image in here?