PDA

View Full Version : Expedition Everest:Questions

WDWR FREAK
08-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi! im going to disney world in a few days and i was wondering what happens on expedition everest.Are there drops?:mickey::mickey:

Tygger7
08-04-2007, 11:57 AM
If you want to see EE, go to You Tube and do a search on "Expedition Everest". The videos don't do it justice, but it will give you a good idea of what to expect. That said, there is one large drop of around 80', but it's not bad. It has a banked turn at the bottom, and the entire coaster is very smooth. In fact, I don't care for roller coasters at all, and I LOVE EE!

yasmina
08-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Hi! im going to disney world in a few days and i was wondering what happens on expedition everest.Are there drops?:mickey::mickey:

Interesting you should ask - I was just telling my sister about the ride.

It's basically divided into 3 parts: 1) When you leave the gate - a few mild dips and turns - very easy to take; 2) the part when you go backwards - still very mild, but very much in the dark; 3)Starts to go forward again - this is when it gets pretty wild - pretty smooth though, some high drops and fast curves.

Overall, a great ride! My dd's 9 & 11 loved it, as did dh & I. I was concerned about riding with my back problems, but didn't have any problems.

IloveDisney71
08-04-2007, 05:24 PM
I think Yasmina did a a great job describing EE. It is a great ride!
If you have riden Space Mountain and Rockin Roller Coaster, I would say it is more "thrilling" than SM, but less than RRC. If you like those two rides then you will probably love EE too. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
08-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Very good descriptions from our fellow intercotees. I am not a intense ride person but can do EE. It is in fact a spactacular experience! It is fast. There are drops but they are not steep drops like in Splash but the drops rather spiral downward. If you do not like backward motion or the dark this is not a ride for you (since a portion of the ride combines the elements of both). :mickey: